Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 41,174, Level: 62
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 476
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    jburke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,951
    Points
    41,174
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 219

    An Optimistic Stat from Saturday after a the opposite against Tech......

    With the lack of QB protection that happened against Tech there was a big fear that TCU would be all over us with pressure. Looking at the stats prior to that game TCU had 11 team sacks in the previous 4 games. We held them to 1 total sack on Saturday. I believe the quarterback change may have something to do with this, but it is still a good trend I would like to see continue....



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 84,640, Level: 90
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 910
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Bigman38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Council Bluffs, IA
    Posts
    7,174
    Points
    84,640
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,618
    Given: 1,748

    Re: An Optimistic Stat from Saturday after a the opposite against Tech......

    Quote Originally Posted by jburke View Post
    With the lack of QB protection that happened against Tech there was a big fear that TCU would be all over us with pressure. Looking at the stats prior to that game TCU had 11 team sacks in the previous 4 games. We held them to 1 total sack on Saturday. I believe the quarterback change may have something to do with this, but it is still a good trend I would like to see continue....
    TCU has pretty good DE's who had been lighting it up. I know it wasn't a dominating performance by any stretch but I thought the O Line showed some decent progress.


    "But letís see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

    "I am the one who knocks" -Walter White

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 41,174, Level: 62
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 476
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    jburke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,951
    Points
    41,174
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 219

    Re: An Optimistic Stat from Saturday after a the opposite against Tech......

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman38 View Post
    TCU has pretty good DE's who had been lighting it up. I know it wasn't a dominating performance by any stretch but I thought the O Line showed some decent progress.
    Yeah, the improvement is just that improvement, we need bigger steps....



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 84,640, Level: 90
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 910
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Bigman38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Council Bluffs, IA
    Posts
    7,174
    Points
    84,640
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,618
    Given: 1,748

    Re: An Optimistic Stat from Saturday after a the opposite against Tech......

    Quote Originally Posted by jburke View Post
    Yeah, the improvement is just that improvement, we need bigger steps....
    I wouldn't say bigger steps, just need consistent growth. Can't afford any more big steps backwards like the TT game. Gotta be able to run the ball better if JB is going to be the QB.


    "But letís see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

    "I am the one who knocks" -Walter White

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 449,256, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    24,685
    Points
    449,256
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 658
    Given: 225

    Re: An Optimistic Stat from Saturday after a the opposite against Tech......

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman38 View Post
    I wouldn't say bigger steps, just need consistent growth. Can't afford any more big steps backwards like the TT game. Gotta be able to run the ball better if JB is going to be the QB.
    It doesn't matter who is taking the snaps. We have to be able to run the football if we want to have any kind of success.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 84,640, Level: 90
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 910
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Bigman38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Council Bluffs, IA
    Posts
    7,174
    Points
    84,640
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,618
    Given: 1,748

    Re: An Optimistic Stat from Saturday after a the opposite against Tech......

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    It doesn't matter who is taking the snaps. We have to be able to run the football if we want to have any kind of success.
    Agreed, but my point is the run game needs to be more effective to get the most out of JB than it has to be with SJ. He doesn't have the accuracy to put together the long sustained passing drives like Steele has at times.


    "But letís see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

    "I am the one who knocks" -Walter White

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 459,067, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    69,856
    Points
    459,067
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,199
    Given: 1,954

    Re: An Optimistic Stat from Saturday after a the opposite against Tech......

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman38 View Post
    Agreed, but my point is the run game needs to be more effective to get the most out of JB than it has to be with SJ. He doesn't have the accuracy to put together the long sustained passing drives like Steele has at times.
    Looks like he can now throw the deep pass better.


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Georges, Georgios, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 84,640, Level: 90
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 910
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Bigman38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Council Bluffs, IA
    Posts
    7,174
    Points
    84,640
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,618
    Given: 1,748

    Re: An Optimistic Stat from Saturday after a the opposite against Tech......

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Looks like he can now throw the deep pass better.
    kind of. The pick he threw was because he couldn't put nearly enough on it and the throws to Lenz took all he had. Not trying to be negative, just realistic.


    "But letís see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

    "I am the one who knocks" -Walter White

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 30,258, Level: 53
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 592
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Covenant Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    2,923
    Points
    30,258
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 1

    Re: An Optimistic Stat from Saturday after a the opposite against Tech......

    JB might not have the arm strength or as much accuracy but he makes quicker decisions. Getting the ball out quicker helps the OL a ton.


    Last edited by Covenant Clone; 10-07-2012 at 10:56 PM.

  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 148,576, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,490
    Points
    148,576
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,104
    Given: 2,163

    Re: An Optimistic Stat from Saturday after a the opposite against Tech......

    A few "backhanded optimistic: stats — ISU was on the short end of first downs, total yardage, 3rd down conversion percetnage and time of possession, and still won.

    (Turnover margin helped a bunch).



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 303,944, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Des Moines River Valley
    Posts
    13,132
    Points
    303,944
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,595
    Given: 5,808

    Re: An Optimistic Stat from Saturday after a the opposite against Tech......

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones500 View Post
    A few "backhanded optimistic: stats — ISU was on the short end of first downs, total yardage, 3rd down conversion percetnage and time of possession, and still won.

    (Turnover margin helped a bunch).
    I always find that point differential helps also.




    #TeamProhm #ProhmanEmpire #ProhmanColiseum

    @RedDirtCyclone

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 106,889, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    7,502
    Points
    106,889
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 782
    Given: 483

    Re: An Optimistic Stat from Saturday after a the opposite against Tech......

    they didnt get much pressure, but when they did JB handled it pretty well


    This is Ophion speaking.

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 93,602, Level: 95
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,448
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,180
    Points
    93,602
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 796
    Given: 76

    Re: An Optimistic Stat from Saturday after a the opposite against Tech......

    Iowa State defense:
    2011 12-game sack total: 17
    2012 5-game sack total: 11

    pretty good start, i'd say.

    2.2 sacks per game = 26.4 sacks through 12 games


    "Success isn't owned. It's leased, and rent is due everyday" -J.J. Watt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 10, 2016
  • 08:00 PM