Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 102
  1. #16
    Addict
    Points: 113,027, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    madcityCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    5,713
    Points
    113,027
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 125

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    So just because USC was bad last year means he's not any good? That's a little absurd.
    my thoughts as well. We weren't a good team in '10-'11, but we were all wishing last year's team still had Diante Garrett.



  2. #17
    Pro
    Points: 162,071, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,490
    Points
    162,071
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 361

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    So just because USC was bad last year means he's not any good? That's a little absurd.
    Agree, and here is a clip from the first link I posted:

    Jones had an outstanding sophomore season considering many of his teammates were injured or newcomers and the defenses focused on shutting him down.

    So because the rest of his team was worthless, teams focused on shutting him down, and he still was able to put up pretty good numbers.



  3. #18
    Addict
    Points: 191,141, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,805
    Points
    191,141
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 3

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    Pass on this one


    -Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

  4. #19
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,551, Level: 77
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,761
    Points
    62,551
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 28

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    Agree, and here is a clip from the first link I posted:

    Jones had an outstanding sophomore season considering many of his teammates were injured or newcomers and the defenses focused on shutting him down.

    So because the rest of his team was worthless, teams focused on shutting him down, and he still was able to put up pretty good numbers.
    Except he didn't put up good numbers. 36% field goal percentage is horrible, he was a volume scorer whose team played a lot of garbage time minutes. If he wants to walk on, I'm all for it. But I would like to see the scholarship used in a different way.



  5. #20
    Speechless
    Points: 277,337, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,489
    Points
    277,337
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 14

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    First of all they weren't just bad, they were terrible. As in possibly the worst team to ever play in the Pac-10 bad. Second of all, the fact that he's a 36% volume shooter means he's not that good. The fact that he's 5'7 and has academic issues are just additional reasons why I would not be excited about this transfer.
    And you can say with better teammates he won't feel the pressure to be a volume shooter. It's tough to be the only good player on a team that's absolutely terrible. Everyone keys in on you and you feel like everything is on your shoulders. Just getting him on a better team could make him a better player.



  6. #21
    Legend
    Points: 343,506, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    ISUCubswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    My Playhouse
    Posts
    10,894
    Points
    343,506
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 614
    Given: 325

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    This guy is a great player. And Monte is a great shooter. We bring this guy in, nothing wrong with moving Monte to the 2 and Thomas to the 3.

    The kid can flat out play. And to dis on his academic issues is hilarious. He was having a hard time in school so he LEFT and went JUCO so he could still play basketball in the future. At least he has his head on straight.


    Quote Originally Posted by KFitzy87 View Post
    Do batman farts smell like rainbows and unicorns?

  7. #22
    Pro
    Points: 162,071, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,490
    Points
    162,071
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 361

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    Except he didn't put up good numbers. 36% field goal percentage is horrible, he was a volume scorer whose team played a lot of garbage time minutes. If he wants to walk on, I'm all for it. But I would like to see the scholarship used in a different way.
    Ok, we get it, you don't want him. I'll leave it up to the coaches.



  8. #23
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,727, Level: 60
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    4,059
    Points
    38,727
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    I am sure Syracuse thought Wes Johnson was bad too since he played on a bad Iowa State team, I am certainly not saying he is that good or even close, trust Fred...



  9. #24
    Addict
    Points: 93,902, Level: 95
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,656
    Points
    93,902
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 38

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    I'm not sure how the transfer of a PG who led his team in points, assists, steals, FT's, 3's and minutes could be a bad thing.

    USC might have been really bad, but putting up those kind of stats in the Pac-10 gives me more confidence than a HS player putting up big numbers.



  10. #25
    Rookie
    Points: 14,869, Level: 37
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 781
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    446
    Points
    14,869
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 31

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    Though USC did suck, that means nothing about how good one of their players was.

    I TRUST FRED.



  11. #26
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,551, Level: 77
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,761
    Points
    62,551
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 28

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonepower View Post
    I am sure Syracuse thought Wes Johnson was bad too since he played on a bad Iowa State team, I am certainly not saying he is that good or even close, trust Fred...
    There's a difference on being on a bad team in a solid conference, and being on a historically bad, 6 win team who played in a one bid NCAA conference.



  12. #27
    Pro
    Points: 162,071, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,490
    Points
    162,071
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 361

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    Quote Originally Posted by IASTATE4LIFE View Post
    Though USC did suck, that means nothing about how good one of their players was.

    I TRUST FRED.
    ^^This^^ Let's see, how many good players have we had on crappy teams......Craig Brackins, Diante, etc. But I suppose those guys suck because our team sucked.



  13. #28
    Addict
    Points: 93,902, Level: 95
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,656
    Points
    93,902
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 38

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    And you can say with better teammates he won't feel the pressure to be a volume shooter. It's tough to be the only good player on a team that's absolutely terrible. Everyone keys in on you and you feel like everything is on your shoulders. Just getting him on a better team could make him a better player.
    Exactly. MM and Naz are really combo guard types anyway and both have the ability to shoot/score. With the amount of 3 guard sets that we'll run, Jones, MM, Naz, MT, SDW and Okoro can all get minutes. In fact, you probably assume one of those guys don't pan out, but the remaining 5 could all easily average 20 min/game in 2013-14.



  14. #29
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,551, Level: 77
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,761
    Points
    62,551
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 28

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    ^^This^^ Let's see, how many good players have we had on crappy teams......Craig Brackins, Diante, etc. But I suppose those guys suck because our team sucked.
    None of those teams were anywhere near as bad as USC was last year.



  15. #30
    Walk On
    Points: 6,112, Level: 23
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    215
    Points
    6,112
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: RECRUITING: Potential transfer visiting next week

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    I'm not sure how the transfer of a PG who led his team in points, assists, steals, FT's, 3's and minutes could be a bad thing.

    USC might have been really bad, but putting up those kind of stats in the Pac-10 gives me more confidence than a HS player putting up big numbers.

    Pretty impressive when a 5'7" PG leads his team in FT attempts. I would like to see a guard hit better than 65% however.

    I'm not completely sold on this guy, but if the staff is I'm in.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM