Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 20

Weather Channel Founder comments on Global Warming

Interesting read about all of the politics that make up global warming. Not gonna lie, I loved some of points.

The founder of the Weather Channel's thoughts: here

Wednesday, November 07, 2007
    Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’
    Intro by Joe D’Aleo, Icecap, CCM
    I was privileged to work with John Coleman, the founder of The Weather Channel in the year before it became a reality and then for the first of the 6 years I was fortunate to be the Director of Meteorology. No one worked harder than John to make The Weather Channel a reality and to make sure the staffing, the information and technology was the very best possible at that time. John currently works with KUSI in San Diego. He posts regularly. I am very pleased to present his latest insightful post.

By John Coleman

It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM. Some dastardly scientists with environmental and political motives manipulated long term scientific data to create an illusion of rapid global warming. Other scientists of the same environmental whacko type jumped into the circle to support and broaden the “research” to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming claims. Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus.

Environmental extremists, notable politicians among them, then teamed up with movie, media and other liberal, environmentalist journalists to create this wild “scientific” scenario of the civilization threatening environmental consequences from Global Warming unless we adhere to their radical agenda. Now their ridiculous manipulated science has been accepted as fact and become a cornerstone issue for CNN, CBS, NBC, the Democratic Political Party, the Governor of California, school teachers and, in many cases, well informed but very gullible environmentally conscientious citizens. Only one reporter at ABC has been allowed to counter the Global Warming frenzy with one 15 minute documentary segment.

I do not oppose environmentalism. I do not oppose the political positions of either party. However, Global Warming, i.e. Climate Change, is not about environmentalism or politics. It is not a religion. It is not something you “believe in.” It is science; the science of meteorology. This is my field of life-long expertise. And I am telling you Global Warming is a non-event, a manufactured crisis and a total scam. I say this knowing you probably won’t believe a me, a mere TV weatherman, challenging a Nobel Prize, Academy Award and Emmy Award winning former Vice President of United States. So be it.

I have read dozens of scientific papers. I have talked with numerous scientists. I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct. There is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril. I am incensed by the incredible media glamour, the politically correct silliness and rude dismissal of counter arguments by the high priest of Global Warming.

In time, a decade or two, the outrageous scam will be obvious. As the temperature rises, polar ice cap melting, coastal flooding and super storm pattern all fail to occur as predicted everyone will come to realize we have been duped. The sky is not falling. And, natural cycles and drifts in climate are as much if not more responsible for any climate changes underway. I strongly believe that the next twenty years are equally as likely to see a cooling trend as they are to see a warming trend. See John’s full blog story here.. See John’s forecast blog on the KUSI site here.

Last edited by clonefromNE; 11-09-2007 at 04:55 PM.
    "You can observe a lot by watching" ~Yogi Berra

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

Re: Weather Channel Founder comments on Global Warming

I heard Glenn Beck talking about that on the radio. Loved it.

What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,168
    Given: 1,031

You are preaching to the choir, my friend.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,429
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 65

First there was the "red scare." Now there is a "green scare." Al Gore is this generation's McCarthy.

“Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Incyte View Post
    First there was the "red scare." Now there is a "green scare." Al Gore is this generation's McCarthy.
    Attachment 903

Not to go off on a tangent, but the "red scare" had more basis in reality than liberals would like us to think. One of the basic tenets of our enemies was to infiltrate from within through like minded and sympathetic individuals and organizations (Hollywood, the American left)

Speechless
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,331
    Given: 932

If that's the case, and he's a non-believer in global warming, why does he allow Dr. Heidi Cullen to run rampant all over the Weather Channel with her nonsensical views? That, and how does she then get off saying that people shouldn't be allowed to be meteorologists if they don't believe in global warming?

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Addict
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

So aside from creating the Weather Channel, why should I listen to what this guy has to say?

Starter
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    If that's the case, and he's a non-believer in global warming, why does he allow Dr. Heidi Cullen to run rampant all over the Weather Channel with her nonsensical views? That, and how does she then get off saying that people shouldn't be allowed to be meteorologists if they don't believe in global warming?
    John Coleman is retired from the Weather Channel. He probably doesn't have much pull there anymore.

Rookie
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 444
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Well...it is his "field of life-long expertise."

And if you don't listen to what his thoughts are by not reading it, then you probably can't stand listening to Algore on this issue right? Because algore is such an expert right?

Addict
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Considering I never even mentioned Al Gore I'm left wondering why you're asking, but no I don't listen to Al Gore either. I was merely asking what this guys qualifications were that make him an expert, Curtiz Gertz(sp?) at KCCI is a meteorologist also but I wouldn't nescesarilly take his opinion on global warming as gospel. I don't consider doing something for a long time good expertise. He may be an expert on the subject, I don't know, that's why I was asking.

Rookie
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 444
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Hey sorry about that...it just botheres me when people take some "scientific consensus" as gospel and I don't mean that you do at all. Since when has science been a consensus thing right? lol. I always thought science was fact.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Oh for f**** sake...

Here's some more of his stuff, and that of the organization he belongs to.
    John Coleman's San Diego Forecast - Wednesday, October 31, 2007 | KUSI - News, Weather and Sports - San Diego, CA | Weather
    ICECAP

Quote Originally Posted by John Coleman
    I have concluded, that any climate change underway is not a crisis, the sky is not falling. And, natural cycles and drifts in climate are as much if not more responsible for any climate changes underway.
    So... we are partially responsible? Few people would contend to know for sure that any changes are all our doing.
    I strongly believe that the next twenty years are equally as likely to see a cooling trend as they are to see a warming trend.
    I'm curious what his projection is 100 years out.

Seneca Wallace.

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up

The Latest Prophet to Global Warming Denialist: A Local TV Weatherman.

John Coleman may be the "founder of the Weather Channel," but he's actually just a hack weatherman in San Diego. His biography, excerpted from KUSI News, San Diego follows:

"John Coleman has been a TV weatherman since he was a freshman in college in 1953 and TV was brand new. He still loves predicting the weather and relating to the television viewers. "I also love working at KUSI NEWS", he adds. "It is a rare thing; a locally owned and managed TV station. And, there are dozens of wonderful people who work here."

John has predicted and shoveled his share of snow. He has been a TV weatherman in Champaign, Peoria and Chicago, Illinois; Omaha, Nebraska, Milwaukee, Wisconsin and New York City. For seven years he was the weatherman on "Good Morning, America" on the ABC Network.

John also cooked up the idea of a cable channel devoted to nothing but weather and spent six years developing "The Weather Channel" on cable. "That's my baby", he says. "The bad guys took it away from me, but they can't steal the fact that it was my idea and I started it and ran it for the first year. I put everything I had into making TWC the success it is."

Coleman ran the Weather Channel for a year. He's no longer involved in any way. And they (The Weather Channel) have embraced science at this point, making the fight against global warming part of their mandate.

If you google John Coleman and global warming, you will find all the right-winger types and their sites engaged in a link-fest telling one and all that global warming is a scam. Think of it. Wing-nuts everywhere embracing a local TV weatherman as their last word on global warming. Rock On, John Coleman!

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Kind of funny how people who cry foul on the overblown circus that is manmade global warming seem to be people who are independent of any strings (research money). There are thousands of scientists who do not agree with that crowd, but in typical leftist fashion, they have their character assassinated, and everyone is told to just shut up because the issue is already decided. It's a consensus, damn it, and that means we have to go along for the ride.

All-Star Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Kind of like "eugenics", "homo-phobia" and "global cooling". All "consensus" issues with basis in "political fact".

Eugenics, for those not in the know, was the turn of the century through mid-1900s theory that killing poor and ethnically "inferior" people would "improve the (white) breed" as espoused by abortion-rights leader Margaret Sanger and Adolph Hitler. Scientists of the time almost universally agreed that this was "fact". The famous "monkey trial" that "proved" evolution over creation was, in fact an argument in favor of eugenics directed against blacks in America.

Not surprisingly, the eugenics argument has reared it's ugly head again in the "we love killing babies" crowd, in their statements that abortion decreases crime, makes people smarter and will make you more popular in school.[/sarcasm]

And for those of you who are younger than 40, "global cooling" was what the current bunch who are pushing "global warming" were espousing 30 years ago.

Snake Oil. All of it.

A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

A Man Is What He Does When It Counts