Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    KFitzy87

Re: Voices from the stands: Texas Tech ed.

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    Were you on the SE side of the student section?
    ... Well if you want to get technical I was on the SW side

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 373

Quote Originally Posted by 4Cyclones View Post
    Some ****** hawkeye fan come speeding into Lot S6 about 5:30 and takes up 2 parkin spots......this annoyed me for a variety of reasons.....saw another hawki fan in full hawk gear tailgaiting at 1pm in D3. If he was a real fan, wouldn't he be at Kinnuck or atleast in front of a tv.
    Pretty much the first guy we saw when we arrived in D3 at about 0930 was a guy with a giant tiger squawk on his shirt. I have no idea why...

By the way, sorry about all of the Mizzou wear you might have been seeing. My brother has friends in Missouri who have come up for the Misery game the last 15 years or so. They have so much fun tailgating at JTS that they decided to come up Saturday even though we don't play Misery anymore. My brothers friend told me that he really misses the Big 12; he was never in favor of the move.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Pro
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 22

A guy behind me congratulated the offense on taking the entire crowd out of the game

Starter
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,159
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

1. last time the O took the field I heard lots of booing...... really guys? you don't boo your team.... NO MATTER WHAT.

With about 5:00 left the guy two down from me who had been negative the whole game yells "well that's the game". The guy in front of him turns around and says in a ****** off voice.... there's 5:00 minutes left how is that the end of the game?

Legend
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 373

Quote Originally Posted by cdnlngld View Post
    1. last time the O took the field I heard lots of booing...... really guys? you don't boo your team.... NO MATTER WHAT.
    The first I heard any booing wasn't when the team took the field it was toward the end of the game when we saw the zone read on first and second down - again - for next to no yards - again. I didn't participate but it was pretty clear the boos were intended for Mess. I didn't want to boo the team but I was pretty fed up with our OC's game plan at that point. No the O didn't play well, but the play selection didn't seem to consistently give the boys opportunities for success either.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Legend
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 53

Sat right in front of Ricky Howard's dad. The guy is freaking fun to sit by. I was praying to god that Howard could get a TD just because I think his dad's head may have exploded.

Addict
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 9

I was in section N and it was just general dejected muttering after the missed PAT. Some guy a couple rows back was really giving it to the folks who started filing out before the drive where Jantz had that unbelievable fumble.

Hard to believe you would leave a game down 8 eight with your offense driving down the field, but it looks like they got the last laugh.....

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 17

Usually sit in the upper deck on the west side but brought two daughters and we sat on the hillside in the NW corner. A guy and his family sits down next to us and he takes out a coors light bottle and drinks it. So I lean over and ask him how he got the beer past the Nazi's out front. He says "Well let's put it this way, my balls were pretty cold by the time I got up here".....Then he says " my parents sit right over there (pointing to their section) and they both offered to do the same thing, but I told them I don't need a beer that bad..."

That was hilarious.

Prospect
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

The drunk guy that got arrested was sitting next to me in the student section. He got there kinda late to the student section. He was drinking in the stadium too, the guy had a clear bottle filled with straight rum. He was going to get in a fight with the guy sitting in front of him. This guy could not handle his alcohol to save his life. I helped break up the fight, but the guy in front of him was just telling him to leave him the eff alone. Then the cops came, took him with them, but not before stumbling on the stairs right in front of them.

Legend
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 266
    Given: 157

I'm against booing as much as the next guy but when I, a 21 year old who hasn't played organized football since I was in 5th grade, can call the next play, the coordinator deserves to get someone in his ear.

You know why we scored so quickly on Iowa? Because we opened the playbook and Rhoads said he wanted to go down and score on the first drive to get momentum.

In the entire second half, I predicted 95% of the plays. That's completely unacceptable. It was the same way with Tech.

Open up the damn playbook. Run different routes. It's easy for a defense to figure out an offense if the offense only runs bubble screens and QB reads.

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

Legend
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 17

Quote Originally Posted by jrios545 View Post
    The drunk guy that got arrested was sitting next to me in the student section. He got there kinda late to the student section. He was drinking in the stadium too, the guy had a clear bottle filled with straight rum. He was going to get in a fight with the guy sitting in front of him. This guy could not handle his alcohol to save his life. I helped break up the fight, but the guy in front of him was just telling him to leave him the eff alone. Then the cops came, took him with them, but not before stumbling on the stairs right in front of them.
    I think this guy was mouth off to my two 6'8" friends last game because he wanted to be able to have 2 seats in the first 4 rows and we weren't having that. I did him a huge favor by telling them not to throw him off the wall.

Starter
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 601
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

We are in Sec O, in the upper deck, but not the student section. At halftime, a few people went out from the front row and weren't back in time for kickoff (that's a whole other thread). This one guy just plants himself in their empty seats, has never sat there before, and right away gets out his phone. After a few minutes, another guy (total d-bag) sits next to him and also gets out his phone. They clearly know each other, but no one around them knows them, the women sitting next to them says something right away but they didn't move. The 2nd guy left, but the 1st guy stayed for awhile. Finally, the old guy behind them asks if he would like to pay for using the seat that wasn't his. He eventually left when the guy said he would call over security for not paying for the seat.

Addict
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    The first I heard any booing wasn't when the team took the field it was toward the end of the game when we saw the zone read on first and second down - again - for next to no yards - again. I didn't participate but it was pretty clear the boos were intended for Mess. I didn't want to boo the team but I was pretty fed up with our OC's game plan at that point. No the O didn't play well, but the play selection didn't seem to consistently give the boys opportunities for success either.
    Ah but you know, any booing heard in the stadium is shameful, and no matter what is directed towards the team. Fans can't boo play calls or miserable play, they can only clap or leave silently.

The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk