Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 46,166, Level: 66
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 784
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    GoSTATE71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,685
    Points
    46,166
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 9

    Why Barnet is the better option

    Each qb won 3 games last year, Barnet won games against big 12 teams and jantz well it takes miracles to win games with him. Jantz didn't even show up to the press conference last night he just left after the game and that makes me mad. Our only offense is the zone read, and Barnet runs it well. Barnet had a fumble problem last year but he's clearly a better leader and players responded to him better, it was obvious. The O-line didn't play well but my god, jantz threw a floater straight into the TT secondary with no cyclone within 10 yards, that's not on the o-line that's a terrible qb at work. Barnet beat two ranked teams as starter, I'm pretty sure jantz would throw 2 interceptions in a high school game. At this point if our only offense is the zone read, let Barnet run it



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 71,367, Level: 82
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    3,492
    Points
    71,367
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 290

    Re: Why Barnet is the better option

    Because he's not Jantz.


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

    Until further notice, the Big 12 tournament is best. There's an experience here. Not just the teams -- the feel, the vibe, the establishments. Iowa State not only won the pregame -- filling the nearby Power & Light District -- it won the whole damn scene.

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 218,571, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    10,312
    Points
    218,571
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 598
    Given: 1,735

    Re: Why Barnet is the better option

    *Barnett is not a better option.

    If he was there wouldn't be any reason why he's splitting time now with the 2's now with Richardson if he was still a better option.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 292,479, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    16,717
    Points
    292,479
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,049
    Given: 397

    Re: Why Barnet is the better option

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    Each qb won 3 games last year, Barnet won games against big 12 teams and jantz well it takes miracles to win games with him. Jantz didn't even show up to the press conference last night he just left after the game and that makes me mad. Our only offense is the zone read, and Barnet runs it well. Barnet had a fumble problem last year but he's clearly a better leader and players responded to him better, it was obvious. The O-line didn't play well but my god, jantz threw a floater straight into the TT secondary with no cyclone within 10 yards, that's not on the o-line that's a terrible qb at work. Barnet beat two ranked teams as starter, I'm pretty sure jantz would throw 2 interceptions in a high school game. At this point if our only offense is the zone read, let Barnet run it
    Jantz was not made available to the media last night, and that was CPR's call, and probably a good one. JB may be the better option, but ISU's play calling, offensive line, and receivers did absolutely NOTHING to help Jantz last night. I'm not convinced JB would of had more success then Jantz did last night.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 71,367, Level: 82
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    3,492
    Points
    71,367
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 290

    Re: Why Barnet is the better option

    Quote Originally Posted by CyDude16 View Post
    *Barnett is not a better option.

    If he was there wouldn't be any reason why he's splitting time now with the 2's now with Richardson if he was still a better option.
    I think this is not necessarily true. SJ is CPR's man. He seems to want to make him be successful even if at his own peril. JB has at least won B12 games; SJ has not and will not.


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

    Until further notice, the Big 12 tournament is best. There's an experience here. Not just the teams -- the feel, the vibe, the establishments. Iowa State not only won the pregame -- filling the nearby Power & Light District -- it won the whole damn scene.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 167,377, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,330
    Points
    167,377
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 225

    Re: Why Barnet is the better option

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    Jantz was not made available to the media last night, and that was CPR's call, and probably a good one. JB may be the better option, but ISU's play calling, offensive line, and receivers did absolutely NOTHING to help Jantz last night. I'm not convinced JB would of had more success then Jantz did last night.

    This over and over again. Jantz wasn't exactly put into a situation to succeed last night. Barnett wouldn't have been successful last night either.


    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydugouts View Post
    MM and gesell are pretty much a wash. is niang a better player than woodbury? of course, but that doesnt mean its a good matchup for him, especially with a much more athletic defensive player backing up woodbury.
    Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    NOY Edwards, K-State



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 131,594, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    8,126
    Points
    131,594
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 122

    Re: Why Barnet is the better option

    Who started the rumor about Richardson and Barnett splitting reps?



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 356,377, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    ISUCubswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    My Playhouse
    Posts
    15,302
    Points
    356,377
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,410
    Given: 1,051

    Re: Why Barnet is the better option

    Richardson is the better option. Hodge and Lanning are going to be better QB's than Barnett, so it's up to Richardson to see what he can do. Barnett is great on his feet, but no one can trust him throwing the ball.


    Self-Proclaimed Smartest and Goodest Looking Poster on Cyclone Fanatic 4 years running*

    *Fitzy not included

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 8,578, Level: 27
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    526
    Points
    8,578
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Why Barnet is the better option

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    I think this is not necessarily true. SJ is CPR's man. He seems to want to make him be successful even if at his own peril. JB has at least won B12 games; SJ has not and will not.
    SJ does seem to be CPR's man. I'm worried he's not objective when it comes to SJ's performance.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 104,850, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    xboxfever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,984
    Points
    104,850
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 510
    Given: 815

    Re: Why Barnet is the better option

    Steele is the best QB ISU has. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be starting. So as bad as you all think he is, he is still not as bad as Jared Barnett.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 277,707, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,859
    Points
    277,707
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 152

    Re: Why Barnet is the better option

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    Richardson is the better option. Hodge and Lanning are going to be better QB's than Barnett, so it's up to Richardson to see what he can do. Barnett is great on his feet, but no one can trust him throwing the ball.
    HA!..I think you mean no one can trust Steele throwing the ball.



  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 8,578, Level: 27
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    526
    Points
    8,578
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Why Barnet is the better option

    Quote Originally Posted by GMackey32 View Post
    This over and over again. Jantz wasn't exactly put into a situation to succeed last night. Barnett wouldn't have been successful last night either.
    Perhaps, but it's hard to imagine the O performing any worse with Barnett at the helm. Something new needs to be tried...



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 167,377, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,330
    Points
    167,377
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 225

    Re: Why Barnet is the better option

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    HA!..I think you mean no one can trust Steele throwing the ball.

    Or just holding onto it in general. That fumble was atrocious.


    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydugouts View Post
    MM and gesell are pretty much a wash. is niang a better player than woodbury? of course, but that doesnt mean its a good matchup for him, especially with a much more athletic defensive player backing up woodbury.
    Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    NOY Edwards, K-State



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 174,256, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyguytillidie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,840
    Points
    174,256
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 386

    Re: Why Barnet is the better option

    Holy shat... 5 of the top 6 threads are about Barnett.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 306,591, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,231
    Points
    306,591
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,454
    Given: 1,701

    Re: Why Barnet is the better option

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    Each qb won 3 games last year, Barnet won games against big 12 teams and jantz well it takes miracles to win games with him. Jantz didn't even show up to the press conference last night he just left after the game and that makes me mad. Our only offense is the zone read, and Barnet runs it well. Barnet had a fumble problem last year but he's clearly a better leader and players responded to him better, it was obvious. The O-line didn't play well but my god, jantz threw a floater straight into the TT secondary with no cyclone within 10 yards, that's not on the o-line that's a terrible qb at work. Barnet beat two ranked teams as starter, I'm pretty sure jantz would throw 2 interceptions in a high school game. At this point if our only offense is the zone read, let Barnet run it
    if this is true, this is really disturbing. Not what our QB should do after any game no matter how ****** he played.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cy$ View Post
    I just went a year in the future. Cheer for Iowa State and Maryland in the final 4.

    *Assume a jimlad unless specified otherwise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM