Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,775
    Given: 1,496

Two things......

Since tonight's loss is an extremely disappointing one, and tonight is about posting angry, knee-jerk responses to our disappointment, and things that we may or may not regret in the morning, I feel compelled to post two things that I never expected from myself:

1) Tonight, I really miss Tom Herman as the OC. It's quite possible that there just hasn't been anything to coordinate. Everything about that offense was pathetic and extremely disappointing. I could not be more ashamed of that entire group (I hope) than I am tonight. Tom Herman really might not have been that bad. (I expect to regret this in the morning.)

2) I never expected to post a Cinderella song, but this is my ode to Tom Herman:

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

DistrictCyclone

Re: Two things......

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Since tonight's loss is an extremely disappointing one, and tonight is about posting angry, knee-jerk responses to our disappointment, and things that we may or may not regret in the morning, I feel compelled to post two things that I never expected from myself:

1) Tonight, I really miss Tom Herman as the OC. It's quite possible that there just hasn't been anything to coordinate. Everything about that offense was pathetic and extremely disappointing. I could not be more ashamed of that entire group (I hope) than I am tonight. Tom Herman really might not have been that bad. (I expect to regret this in the morning.)

2) I never expected to post a Cinderella song, but this is my ode to Tom Herman:
    Bingo; this was my first thought as soon as you said "I miss Tom Herman". We need the Jacks and Joes.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 4

I am no Tom Herman fan, and we have a lineman starting for the Ravens that he underutilized dramatically. Herman put on some horrible offensive performances, but nothing was even close to whatver that was tonight. Honestly I don't know how it could have been worse though. Can only get better.

Amazing watching the two different sides of the ball for our team. One is extremely well coached, in the right spots, physical, emotional, agressive. The other....none of those things.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 459
    Given: 633

I do not regret that Herman is gone or bashing him. I regret not being more skeptical about replacing a failed OC with one of his subordinates to run the previous's OC's failed system.

Last edited by swarthmoreCY; 09-29-2012 at 11:25 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

we can actually agree with iowa fans on something for once

who wouldve thought that both fanbases would miss their cordinators that both hated for years

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M FEELING 22!

All-Star
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Where is mangino?

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    I do not regret that Herman is gone or bashing him. I regret not being more skeptical about replacing a failed OC with one of his subordinates to run the previous's OC's failed system.
    Yeah, that's about right. C-Mess did a nice job as a position coach. He's got a long way to go as an OC at this level. Maybe he can get there, but he's got to get moving and moving quickly. Practice time is over.

Legend
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Yeah, that's about right. C-Mess did a nice job as a position coach. He's got a long way to go as an OC at this level. Maybe he can get there, but he's got to get moving and moving quickly. Practice time is over.
    Perhaps this is my post-game venom taking over, but besides Mess's 3 years with Herman at ISU, what in his background suggested he could run anything near what Herman wanted to do? It kind of seems through the first 4 games Mess is trying to run someone else's scheme. We really need Mess to make this offense his...and hope like heck it already isn't.

Addict
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 58

I've watched a fair amount of B12 football over the last 2 weeks. I just don't see the offensive talent to match up with the rest of the conference.

It used to be the defense that was under matched on a weekly basis (80's, 90's and until CPR).

Now it's the offense. The B12 has evolved into an offensive powerhouse conference and ISU hasn't been able to keep up.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    Perhaps this is my post-game venom taking over, but besides Mess's 3 years with Herman at ISU, what in his background suggested he could run anything near what Herman wanted to do? It kind of seems through the first 4 games Mess is trying to run someone else's scheme. We really need Mess to make this offense his...and hope like heck it already isn't.
    I've got nothing. It's up to him to prove that he can do it. Until I see this offense do something besides fail, I'm just assuming that's who they are, from the top all the way down.

DistrictCyclone

Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    I've watched a fair amount of B12 football over the last 2 weeks. I just don't see the offensive talent to match up with the rest of the conference.

It used to be the defense that was under matched on a weekly basis (80's, 90's and until CPR).

Now it's the offense. The B12 has evolved into an offensive powerhouse conference and ISU hasn't been able to keep up.
    This.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I'm pretty impressed with the coaching over the bye week. Glad to see that the offense could look sharp and prepared with that extra week.

Addict
    Overall activity: 72.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,676
    Given: 423

I'm pretty impressed with the coaching over the bye week. Glad to see that the offense could look sharp and prepared with that extra week.

Well now you're just being a smart arse.

Legend
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post

Being different and/or innovative is the best way to "keep up" on the score board. See KSU under Snyder. Doubtful we will be able to keep by simply copying what most everyone else does.

Legend
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 587
    Given: 1,035

If this is an OC issue, it should be on Rhoads, not Messingham. Just remember that.

I liked Herman and wasn't happy about him leaving. Rumors are that Rhoads and Herman clashed. I think that "clash" may be what our offense needs because Rhoads just doesn't have the offensive mind that is needed to kick *** like many of the other B12 teams. Mess and Sturdy can still get it done...but they may need to learn on the job a bit.