Good game.....please destroy TCU!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 5,754, Level: 22
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 296
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    143
    Points
    5,754
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    Great game, just two really tough defenses battling it out, it's one of those games you hate that someone has to lose.

    Some quick random thoughts:
    (I'll try not to rub salt in an open wound here)


    - I thought the game would come down to turnovers and whoever won the turnover battle would win the game, that's the way it played out to a tee.

    - Wally deserves a lot of credit, I thought ISU had a great defensive game plan and we struggled to get anything going.

    - Ya'll exposed our Freshmen offensive guards, they need some work.

    - Klein and Knott are the real deal, but we pretty much all knew that. Just a great read on that int by Klein

    - Were Tech fans exaggerating about our WR's? They're pretty good, and that 5'6" guy that we were talking about absolutely burnt Klein for the TD. Klein had the angle and everything.

    - How about Tech's defense? Really proud of the way they kept us in the game when our offensive was struggling.

    - For a drive there I thought Jantz and company were going to zone-read us to death, but we eventually adjusted.

    - I know a lot of ya'll are upset about the Jantz fumble when he wasn't even touched, but the exact same thing happened in the 2010 Tech vs. ISU game and our WR fumbled without getting touched and allowed ya'll to seal the game. Ya'll got the break in 2010, we got it in 2012. Just the way it works sometimes.

    - I said it this week, but I think Jantz's problem is that he tries to do too much and tries to win the game by himself.

    - A lower scoring game than expected, but both defenses played really well. The OC's for both teams should give their game check to the DC's. The DC's for both teams obviously took the bye week and made the most out of it. I really don't know what the game plan for either offenses in this game.

    - I kind of thought the "cupcake" talk about Tech's schedule was really overplayed all week. I think the better team went out and made the plays to win the game, didn't have anything to do with who you played in the first 3 games.


    I might have some more thoughts later, but I didn't want to rub salt in an open wound and get banned. Hope those that got my link and password enjoyed watching the game. Please go destroy an overrated TCU team next week. I think ya'll have a great shot at beating them, and I'll be cheering for ya'll the rest of the season.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 44,875, Level: 65
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,915
    Points
    44,875
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 49

    Re: Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    Thanks for the link to watch the game!



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 104,748, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    6,398
    Points
    104,748
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 170

    Re: Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    If you Defense is all world, we might be OK. My guess is we'll probably score about the same against TCU and they'll score somewhere in the 27 - 34 point range and we'll be feeling this same way next week. I knew our offense wasn't great, but holy ****, no matter how good you think your D is, we just plain sucked it up out there.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 59,802, Level: 75
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    simply1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,611
    Points
    59,802
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 7

    Re: Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    Good game, it's a down time so hard to be too objective. Thanks for the streaming link, I'm guessing it was your stream I was watching.

    Good luck the rest of the year, after seeing the 70-63 score today I have no idea what to expect from here on out.


    I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 164,500, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    CtownCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    8,903
    Points
    164,500
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 187
    Given: 112

    Re: Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    If our offense plays like they did tonight, we won't win another game this year. Horrible, this team.

    Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully CPR uses this as a teachable moment.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 20,175, Level: 43
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 575
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    MIClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central Michigan
    Posts
    1,754
    Points
    20,175
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 165

    Re: Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    Thanks for the game feed! Your defense DEFINITELY looked great tonight, as you guys advertised. Not sure if they really are that great or if our offense is really terrible--hoping they are that great. I wasn't at all surprised that it was low scoring, because I knew our defense was awesome and I also knew our offense was bad (but didn't realize it was THIS bad).



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 113,082, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    awd4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,916
    Points
    113,082
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,009
    Given: 641

    Re: Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    It's going to be tough to destroy TCU when they likely have a better defense than Tech and it's on the road.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 59,802, Level: 75
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    simply1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,611
    Points
    59,802
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 7

    Re: Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    I'd expect a 5'6" wide receiver to burn a linebacker most times, even Klein. :)


    I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

  9. #9
    Prospect
    Points: 105, Level: 1
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9
    Points
    105
    Level
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    It's going to be tough to destroy TCU when they likely have a better defense than Tech and it's on the road.
    theyre overrated... get'em clones!



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 71,137, Level: 82
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,934
    Points
    71,137
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 509
    Given: 700

    Re: Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    Quote Originally Posted by MIClone View Post
    Thanks for the game feed! Your defense DEFINITELY looked great tonight, as you guys advertised. Not sure if they really are that great or if our offense is really terrible--hoping they are that great. I wasn't at all surprised that it was low scoring, because I knew our defense was awesome and I also knew our offense was bad (but didn't realize it was THIS bad).
    The saying that there is no where to go but up....i hope that is our offense, because if they get any worse, we just as well let the defense play all game.



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 294,255, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,197
    Points
    294,255
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 919
    Given: 1,638

    Re: Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    Quote Originally Posted by ttuadvisor View Post
    Great game, just two really tough defenses battling it out, it's one of those games you hate that someone has to lose.

    Some quick random thoughts:
    (I'll try not to rub salt in an open wound here)


    - I thought the game would come down to turnovers and whoever won the turnover battle would win the game, that's the way it played out to a tee.

    - Wally deserves a lot of credit, I thought ISU had a great defensive game plan and we struggled to get anything going.

    - Ya'll exposed our Freshmen offensive guards, they need some work.

    - Klein and Knott are the real deal, but we pretty much all knew that. Just a great read on that int by Klein

    - Were Tech fans exaggerating about our WR's? They're pretty good, and that 5'6" guy that we were talking about absolutely burnt Klein for the TD. Klein had the angle and everything.

    - How about Tech's defense? Really proud of the way they kept us in the game when our offensive was struggling.

    - For a drive there I thought Jantz and company were going to zone-read us to death, but we eventually adjusted.

    - I know a lot of ya'll are upset about the Jantz fumble when he wasn't even touched, but the exact same thing happened in the 2010 Tech vs. ISU game and our WR fumbled without getting touched and allowed ya'll to seal the game. Ya'll got the break in 2010, we got it in 2012. Just the way it works sometimes.

    - I said it this week, but I think Jantz's problem is that he tries to do too much and tries to win the game by himself.

    - A lower scoring game than expected, but both defenses played really well. The OC's for both teams should give their game check to the DC's. The DC's for both teams obviously took the bye week and made the most out of it. I really don't know what the game plan for either offenses in this game.

    - I kind of thought the "cupcake" talk about Tech's schedule was really overplayed all week. I think the better team went out and made the plays to win the game, didn't have anything to do with who you played in the first 3 games.


    I might have some more thoughts later, but I didn't want to rub salt in an open wound and get banned. Hope those that got my link and password enjoyed watching the game. Please go destroy an overrated TCU team next week. I think ya'll have a great shot at beating them, and I'll be cheering for ya'll the rest of the season.
    Tech's defense was very impressive. Your JUCO LB is very good. *eats crow* I think that your secondary is still somewhat wait-and-see. We just don't have the great receivers and TE that Tech does, so whether your secondary can slow down some of the other B12 teams is still up in the air. Your D whupped up on us though and your D-line looked pretty damn big and fast.

    I don't think the cupcake talk was overplayed. You guys may have overplayed it on YOUR board. Nobody is going to give you the respect you demand until you play a solid team. Respect given now.



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 71,137, Level: 82
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,934
    Points
    71,137
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 509
    Given: 700

    Re: Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    Quote Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
    I'd expect a 5'6" wide receiver to burn a linebacker most times, even Klein. :)
    ya dont blame klien for that play, he scored more than our offense.



  13. #13
    Walk On
    Points: 5,754, Level: 22
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 296
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    143
    Points
    5,754
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    One thing I forgot to add. Ya'll were spot on about your punter. He's a game changer. Massive leg and killed us on field position.

    About the Klein and 5'6" WR, I was just annoyed Klein got that pick 6 so I had to take a little jab at him. Tracking down that WR was probably the only thing he wasn't perfect on all night. He's just an animal. Please beat TCU.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 879,677, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,632
    Points
    879,677
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,936
    Given: 2,350

    Re: Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    I will say that I'll be back to enjoying Texas Tech next week.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 177,712, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9,354
    Points
    177,712
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,601
    Given: 417

    Re: Good game.....please destroy TCU!

    Good comments. Tech was the better team tonight, no question. It's hard for me to tell if their defense is near-dominant, or if (more likely) the ISU offense is abysmal. Probably somewhere in between. I think Tech's offense is still a question mark after tonight's game. Can't really know how good it actually is until you play some more football.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM