Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 5,584, Level: 22
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7
    Points
    5,584
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    Athlon's CBB Preview cites Korie Lucious as an Impact Transfer - but goes on to talk about how he will be called on to score in his 'first and only season playing in Iowa City'.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 426,367, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10,725
    Points
    426,367
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 182
    Given: 153

    Re: Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    Lol, i swear it just get's worse every year. At least do research on the team that was in the final 32...



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 254,503, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,527
    Points
    254,503
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 466
    Given: 414

    Re: Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    Quote Originally Posted by scclone3 View Post
    Athlon's CBB Preview cites Korie Lucious as an Impact Transfer - but goes on to talk about how he will be called on to score in his 'first and only season playing in Iowa City'.
    You bought a BB preview magazine? They have this thing on computers called the internet.



  4. #4
    Prospect
    Points: 5,584, Level: 22
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7
    Points
    5,584
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    You bought a BB preview magazine? They have this thing on computers called the internet.
    Read it while standing in Hy-Vee...then walked away in disgust.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 860,547, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,400
    Points
    860,547
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,504
    Given: 1,288

    Re: Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    Quote Originally Posted by scclone3 View Post
    Read it while standing in Hy-Vee...then walked away in disgust.
    At least it made sure you didn't shop hungry.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 15,896, Level: 38
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Gordyo5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Glenwood / Ames
    Posts
    1,156
    Points
    15,896
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 14

    Re: Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    Can't believe they forgot those 2 games he played in Iowa City while at Mich St. so in fact this will be his 3rd and last year playing in Iowa City.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 85,471, Level: 90
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    7,105
    Points
    85,471
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 220
    Given: 163

    Re: Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    that is really pathetic, but not unexpected...


    ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

    HOI-BALL!!!

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 95,212, Level: 96
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,838
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,911
    Points
    95,212
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 435

    Re: Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    I checked the magazine rack yesterday, assuming CBB mags were due to arrive.

    Athlon had arrived. I checked only two things:

    1. Tournament field. No Iowa State (unless I missed some sort of play-in situation).

    2. Big 12 predicted finish: 8th. (I think Nos. 9 & 10 were TCU & Tech, but I didn't bother to examine it.). Yes, eighth!

    Both are possibilities, I guess.

    In the Big 12 intro page, it said (paraphrasing): "... Cyclones will take a step back, but not much ... after departure of Royce White."

    I'm kinda loving this. A "Royce dynamic" doesn't come along very often, obviously. But I think experts may underestimate Fred's coaching K-knowledge and this team's depth.

    8th!



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 64,189, Level: 78
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 661
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    1,958
    Points
    64,189
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

    Re: Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones500 View Post
    I checked the magazine rack yesterday, assuming CBB mags were due to arrive.

    Athlon had arrived. I checked only two things:

    1. Tournament field. No Iowa State (unless I missed some sort of play-in situation).

    2. Big 12 predicted finish: 8th. (I think Nos. 9 & 10 were TCU & Tech, but I didn't bother to examine it.). Yes, eighth!

    Both are possibilities, I guess.

    In the Big 12 intro page, it said (paraphrasing): "... Cyclones will take a step back, but not much ... after departure of Royce White."

    I'm kinda loving this. A "Royce dynamic" doesn't come along very often, obviously. But I think experts may underestimate Fred's coaching K-knowledge and this team's depth.

    8th!
    For some odd reason 95% of the writers that talk about us never bring up Clyburn. Shows that they do little research and know nothing. How can a guy that averaged 17 ppg and 7 rpg in the Mountain West not get mentioned ever. It just blows my mind. When they do bring up something they talk about Lucious who didn't have overly impressive statistics at Michigan State and was the back up PG. They only know about big names from big programs for some odd reason. Soon everyone will know the name Will Clyburn and we will exceed everyone's expectations.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 22,037, Level: 45
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Newton Ia
    Posts
    2,036
    Points
    22,037
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 0

    Re: Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    Underated again...no suprise....now time to repeat or improve on last season



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 276,753, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    13,167
    Points
    276,753
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 619
    Given: 1,227

    Re: Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones500 View Post
    In the Big 12 intro page, it said (paraphrasing): "... Cyclones will take a step back, but not much ... after departure of Royce White."
    3rd --> 8th = "not much of a step back"

    ???


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 163,914, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,593
    Points
    163,914
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 288
    Given: 419

    Re: Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    Quote Originally Posted by nallen34 View Post
    For some odd reason 95% of the writers that talk about us never bring up Clyburn. Shows that they do little research and know nothing. How can a guy that averaged 17 ppg and 7 rpg in the Mountain West not get mentioned ever. It just blows my mind. When they do bring up something they talk about Lucious who didn't have overly impressive statistics at Michigan State and was the back up PG. They only know about big names from big programs for some odd reason. Soon everyone will know the name Will Clyburn and we will exceed everyone's expectations again.
    FIFY



  13. #13
    Rookie
    Points: 6,117, Level: 23
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    CYISFLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ia
    Posts
    509
    Points
    6,117
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 18

    Re: Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    No respect is our mantra. They'll prove otherwise this season



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 16,254, Level: 38
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Snyder21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sioux City, IA
    Posts
    557
    Points
    16,254
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 19

    Re: Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    These "experts" don't know half as much about Iowa State basketball as we do. I just laugh this stuff off



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 72,924, Level: 83
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    brokenloginagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,010
    Points
    72,924
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 0

    Re: Athlon CBB Preview - No Respect

    i expect us to be picked anywhere from 5-8, and i expect the big12 to have 6-8 teams in the tourney. a ton of depth this year, with two really bad teams.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM