Colorado man gets $7.2 mil. from microwave popcorn lawsuit
A Colorado man was awarded $7.2 mil. in a lawsuit against a microwave popcorn company. He ate microwave popcorn twice a day every day for something like 30 years and got what doctors call "popcorn lung". What a moron!
I guess the moral of the story is: never ever take responsibility for your own stupidity. Blame it on somebody else and being an idiot can make you rich.
I hope his head explodes like a kernel of popcorn.
Re: Colorado man gets $7.2 mil. from microwave popcorn lawsuit
They removed the offending chemical agent. Why have it in there in the first place if it causes your employees and consumers to have permanent lung damage that can be fatal? The risk management department of the company at some point had to consider the cost of replacing the agent for something safer versus their chances of being sued. They lost as he said. I don't feel bad for the company in any way.
Obviously, this guy has little regard for his health considering he is eating microwave popcorn twice a day so I am not feeling bad for him either. He found a law firm pursuing this course of litigation so he gets to stick it to the company, but he has shortened his life span. What a lucky guy.
Let's not pretend there is a winner in this case apart from the lawyers collecting enormous fees.
"I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice."
All content owned by CycloneFanatic.com - All rights reserved 2005-09. By viewing this website you agree to the Terms of Service, Site Rules and Legal Disclaimer. The words, views, images and opinions expressed or provided by users do not reflect the opinions or views of CycloneFanatic.com or Iowa State University. The names, words, symbols, and graphics representing Iowa State University are trademarks and copyrights of the University protected by the trademark and copyright laws of the United States of America and other countries and are used on this web site under license from the University. Original site design, premise & construction by Jeremy Lind.