Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Real(istic) Tech fan here

I'm not sure if any of these supposed Tech fans on here have even been to Lubbock, but I just wanted to offer some insight into what an actual Tech fan is thinking right now.

I personally think the line will be around a pickem and I will be backing Iowa State hard at that line but that's purely as an emotional hedge. What does an actual Tech fan think will happen in around 10 days? No F'ing clue whatsoever. Yes, our defensive stats are obviously inflated because of who we played but the biggest factor is how few plays per game our D has been on the field. No one has stopped us (2 punts in 3 games) and we are leading the country in fewest plays per game on defense.

Will our D be as good on the 80th play as they are on the 40th? No way. We can not be judged until after Saturday because it will be the first time that our D faces any adversity. I really can not get a feel for the outcome but my forever pessimistic Tech fan in me thinks there's a good chance I will be disappointed next Saturday.

Any realistic Iowa State fans have any worries out there?

KFitzy87

Re: Real(istic) Tech fan here

Quote Originally Posted by LBKray View Post
    I'm not sure if any of these supposed Tech fans on here have even been to Lubbock, but I just wanted to offer some insight into what an actual Tech fan is thinking right now.

I personally think the line will be around a pickem and I will be backing Iowa State hard at that line but that's purely as an emotional hedge. What does an actual Tech fan think will happen in around 10 days? No F'ing clue whatsoever. Yes, our defensive stats are obviously inflated because of who we played but the biggest factor is how few plays per game our D has been on the field. No one has stopped us (2 punts in 3 games) and we are leading the country in fewest plays per game on defense.

Will our D be as good on the 80th play as they are on the 40th? No way. We can not be judged until after Saturday because it will be the first time that our D faces any adversity. I really can not get a feel for the outcome but my forever pessimistic Tech fan in me thinks there's a good chance I will be disappointed next Saturday.

Yes I am definitely worried. It should be a good game. Good luck next Saturday!

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 18

I'm not worried at all.

Legend
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 330
    Given: 205

I think the majority of us have worries. Our offense is very hit or miss, so it will be interesting to see how well they play, and if they can avoid turning the ball over.

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.

All-Star
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 47

I like ISU because we're at home. Otherwise I think it's a push.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 19

Welcome!

I'm afraid ISU will turn the ball over and put the team behind. ISU's had trouble with turnovers through the first three games and if they do that against Tech, it could make for a long day. Tech's offense doesn't need any help and a short field for them would be absolutely disastrous for ISU.

I'm not too concerned about the defense, but they can only do so much. The defense had times last year where they put the offense in good position and would have to go right back out there because of a turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

Pro
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,371
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 3

Absolutly...I think whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game and I don't think that favors ISU one bit. For some reason we keep winning games even though we lost the turnover battle but that wont happen much in Big 12 play.

Legend
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 229

I think most of us have worries. I'm worried about turnovers, the running game, and of course, the kicking. Our running game has looked shaky the last two weeks with a bunch of negative plays, and our QB seems to be TO prone. I'm also worried that ISU can defend the pass well and still give up a ton of yards to Doege, especially if we don't get any pressure. Phew....that's about it.

I think you nailed what should be a very big concern for TTU. Our offense can really grind out 1st downs when it is clicking, so hopefully your D will be on the field much more than they're used to.

Legend
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 8

If we don't turn it over we should win at home simple as that.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 9

Oh, nice, there is a Reasonable Raggie. I'm worried about our offense. I think we can say our defense is sufficient. In fact, I think we have a 10 win defense. The offense has to play better than it has though.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 851
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by CyCrazy View Post
    If we don't turn it over we should win at home simple as that.
    If we don't turn it over at all? Yes, we will win. But given the past couple games, how likely is that?

Addict
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 103

I've been worried the entire offseason. Too many ISU "fans" have had this game chalked up in the win column already, and I believe that is very unrealistic. We aren't Texas or Oklahoma, we can't afford to overlook any opponent. I'm glad these "fans" aren't on our team. I expect our usual lunch pail hard hat effort, and we have a chance to win this game, but nobody should be expecting a cake walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Walton
    Think Oscar Wilde when he said, "every saint has a past, every sinner has a future." But also think Neil Young: the fork in the road, light a candle. Instead of cursing the darkness, let's light a candle for where we're going. This was fantastic for the world. We are better people for having been here. It was absolutely incredible. I'm inspired. I don't know when I'll ever sleep again.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 476
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

My memories of the past 2 games between these 2 teams had ISU dominating the trenches. I know the ISU O-line isn't quite as good as last year yet but I'm still looking for a reason why ISU shouldn't expect more of the same this year?

Legend
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by Clone9 View Post
    If we don't turn it over at all? Yes, we will win. But given the past couple games, how likely is that?
    Probably slim. But I still will take ISU being a night game at home. TT has beaten the sisters of the poor so far. Lets see what Doege can do against a real defense.

Pro
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsYour first Group

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 29

If I were putting money on the game, I would put it on ISU. However if the game was in Lubbock, my money would be on Texas Tech.