Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    Recruit
    Points: 8,169, Level: 27
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 581
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    boone
    Posts
    110
    Points
    8,169
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,024, Level: 77
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,226
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    WalkingCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,997
    Points
    62,024
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 109

    Re: Tech fans seem pretty confident

    Tech sucks. GO CYCLONES!



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 59,829, Level: 75
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    DRCHIRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    2,206
    Points
    59,829
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: Tech fans seem pretty confident

    They seem very confident and disturbed that we are entertaining the idea of keeping this close or gulp.........actually winning.

    They have the ego of UT with a profile more on the lines of Baylor.



  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 7,169, Level: 25
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    ArgentCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    416
    Points
    7,169
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 14

    Re: Tech fans seem pretty confident

    I read that too on their board. I was bored tonight and read through some of their post's. Reminds me a lot of Hok fans. They beat some no name teams and now they are 50/50 to split OK and W. Virgina games, lol.

    I watched the first half of their Texas St game. I can say that I was not very impressed. They ran up the score but Texas St made a bunch of stupid mistakes. Tech's defense is experienced with the front 7 mostly Jr and the DB's all Sr's but that is probably the same guys that lost to us for the last two years. Their offense is pretty good with Doige (sp?) and I was most impressed with a couple receivers #11 (short J. West type) and #14 (6' 4" that caught a TD fade type play). However, their offense is very similar to ours except they look to pass more often. They pick up blitzes pretty well and throw lots of screens and crossing routes. However, I think that we see this a lot and if our front 4 can get some pressure and we keep close and make good tackles they should be fine. On defense, Tech did not defend the zone read very well at all and they looked vulnerable to a good run game. Pound the ball and mix up the calls some and I think we will be just fine on offense. With this being a home game I'm pretty confident in an ISU win although the odds makes will probably put us around a +7 dog which is right up our alley.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 92,664, Level: 94
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,069
    Points
    92,664
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 462
    Given: 106

    Re: Tech fans seem pretty confident

    The strong Texas Tech education shines through in that thread.

    At the least, I can spell Lubbock.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 33,984, Level: 56
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ShopTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,504
    Points
    33,984
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 30

    Re: Tech fans seem pretty confident

    Aww, go ahead ISU FB, make our day.



  7. #7
    Walk On
    Points: 7,969, Level: 26
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Urbandale, IA
    Posts
    135
    Points
    7,969
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

    Re: Tech fans seem pretty confident

    Quote Originally Posted by ShopTalk View Post
    Aww, go ahead ISU FB, make our day.
    Again?



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 13,974, Level: 35
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,017
    Points
    13,974
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Re: Tech fans seem pretty confident

    There's no doubt Tommy brought in some VHT's and had a good recruiting year, but they are still suspect up front on the D-line, especially inside. We will have success again running inside against TT.....



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 391,529, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,160
    Points
    391,529
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 261

    Re: Tech fans seem pretty confident

    Quote Originally Posted by ArgentCy View Post
    I read that too on their board. I was bored tonight and read through some of their post's. Reminds me a lot of Hok fans. They beat some no name teams and now they are 50/50 to split OK and W. Virgina games, lol.

    I watched the first half of their Texas St game. I can say that I was not very impressed. They ran up the score but Texas St made a bunch of stupid mistakes. Tech's defense is experienced with the front 7 mostly Jr and the DB's all Sr's but that is probably the same guys that lost to us for the last two years. Their offense is pretty good with Doige (sp?) and I was most impressed with a couple receivers #11 (short J. West type) and #14 (6' 4" that caught a TD fade type play). However, their offense is very similar to ours except they look to pass more often. They pick up blitzes pretty well and throw lots of screens and crossing routes. However, I think that we see this a lot and if our front 4 can get some pressure and we keep close and make good tackles they should be fine. On defense, Tech did not defend the zone read very well at all and they looked vulnerable to a good run game. Pound the ball and mix up the calls some and I think we will be just fine on offense. With this being a home game I'm pretty confident in an ISU win although the odds makes will probably put us around a +7 dog which is right up our alley.
    Named after Doogie Howser.....


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 47,336, Level: 67
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Let's Go State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Far Western Iowa
    Posts
    1,844
    Points
    47,336
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

    Re: Tech fans seem pretty confident

    They are 3-0 right now like us. We can't take any game for granted... It's funny how they see us though... And clearly not a gimme.



  11. #11
    Prospect
    Points: 1,449, Level: 10
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    34
    Points
    1,449
    Level
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tech fans seem pretty confident

    God forbid fans be confident in their team...



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 18,486, Level: 41
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Posts
    721
    Points
    18,486
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

    Re: Tech fans seem pretty confident

    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckdemtech View Post
    God forbid fans be confident in their team...
    It is one thing to be confident in your team, it is another to be so stupid about your foe!



  13. #13
    Prospect
    Points: 415, Level: 4
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    68
    Points
    415
    Level
    4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tech fans seem pretty confident

    Quote Originally Posted by MilehighClone View Post
    There's no doubt Tommy brought in some VHT's and had a good recruiting year, but they are still suspect up front on the D-line, especially inside. We will have success again running inside against TT.....
    Not really, but ok...



  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 19,849, Level: 42
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    723
    Points
    19,849
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: Tech fans seem pretty confident

    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckdemtech View Post
    God forbid fans be confident in their team...

    You seriously need to give some second thoughts to your "name". How long did you ponder this before you decided "rectum tech" was what you wanted to go with.



  15. #15
    Prospect
    Points: 1,449, Level: 10
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    34
    Points
    1,449
    Level
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tech fans seem pretty confident

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsag View Post
    You seriously need to give some second thoughts to your "name". How long did you ponder this before you decided "rectum tech" was what you wanted to go with.
    You're so original, never heard that one before. I remember when I was in elementary school too...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM