Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 177
  1. #151
    Addict
    Points: 72,907, Level: 83
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,408
    Points
    72,907
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,582
    Given: 6,353

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    I'd like to play someone in Florida once in a while to see if it gets some recruits. Maybe UCF (although they gave Ohio State a pretty good game in Columbus), FIU, or USF.



  2. #152
    Addict
    Points: 116,785, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cybyassociation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,356
    Points
    116,785
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 254

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    I would prefer to see UNI struggle financially. I dont like paying them a large paycheck everytime they play us.

    Id let them play in JTS, but for substantially less money than another team would accept.

    No reason we need to help our our competition.
    Thats what I like to see too! I love seeing other institutions in this state fail. Shoot, I wish all those stupid D3 colleges would fall of the map also so ISU wouldnt have to play them preseason basketball.



  3. #153
    Addict
    Points: 126,082, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    aeroclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,572
    Points
    126,082
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 616
    Given: 212

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    You only get one FCS team per year. Scheduling a bad FBS team hasn't really worked out for ISU in the past considering Uconn, Utah, Tulsa ect with those teams becoming really good teams by the time ISU plays them.

    With FCS teams that chance is greatly minimized.
    I don't buy this. You can predict pretty effectively who will be a good team far enough out to schedule them. The pecking order doesn't change much.

    Let's start with Utah:
    2003 - 10-2
    2004 - 12-0
    2005 - 7-5
    2006 - 8-5
    2007 - 9-4
    2008 - 13-0
    2009 - 10-3
    2010 - Holy crap, who knew that these guys would be decent? Crush ISU 68-27, goes on to go 10-3

    Tulsa
    2003 - 8-5
    2004 - 4-8
    2005 - 9-4
    2006 - 8-5
    2007 - 10-4
    2008 - 11-3
    2009 - 5-7
    2010 - 10-3
    2011 - 8-5
    2012 - Wow, these guys are a pretty solid mid-major, who could have seen that coming? Happy to get a win here.

    UConn - A BCS Conference team on the road!
    2004 - 8-4
    2005 - 5-6
    2006 - 4-8
    2007 - 9-4
    2008 - 8-5
    2009 - 8-5
    2010 - 8-5
    2011 - Wow this could be a tough place to score a road win, who could have seen that coming?

    Mid major conferences are no different than the BCS conferences. I can guess that in 6 or 7 years, Texas and OU will be good, and Baylor and KU won't. I can guess that Alabama and LSU will be good and Vandy and Ole Miss won't. I can guess that Ohio State and Michigan will be good, and Indiana and Northwestern won't. There aren't many teams that buck the trend, and in the rare cases that somebody rises up we can always try to cancel the series. Anybody that was paying attention could have known that Tulsa, Utah, and UConn were hardly buying wins even back at the time those games were being scheduled.



  4. #154
    Starter
    Points: 23,576, Level: 47
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 974
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Tri4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    617
    Points
    23,576
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 277

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Seemed to do alright with Tulsa and WIU this year attendance-wise.
    We are currently doing all right but it will be nice boost in selling the 10,000 additional tickets in the SEZ :)


    "I'm not vain...I'm awesome" - Me

  5. #155
    Legend
    Points: 206,000, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,337
    Points
    206,000
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,018
    Given: 764

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post
    I don't buy this. You can predict pretty effectively who will be a good team far enough out to schedule them. The pecking order doesn't change much.

    Let's start with Utah:
    2003 - 10-2
    2004 - 12-0
    2005 - 7-5
    2006 - 8-5
    2007 - 9-4
    2008 - 13-0
    2009 - 10-3
    2010 - Holy crap, who knew that these guys would be decent? Crush ISU 68-27, goes on to go 10-3

    Tulsa
    2003 - 8-5
    2004 - 4-8
    2005 - 9-4
    2006 - 8-5
    2007 - 10-4
    2008 - 11-3
    2009 - 5-7
    2010 - 10-3
    2011 - 8-5
    2012 - Wow, these guys are a pretty solid mid-major, who could have seen that coming? Happy to get a win here.

    UConn - A BCS Conference team on the road!
    2004 - 8-4
    2005 - 5-6
    2006 - 4-8
    2007 - 9-4
    2008 - 8-5
    2009 - 8-5
    2010 - 8-5
    2011 - Wow this could be a tough place to score a road win, who could have seen that coming?
    I don't think you understand how far out these games are scheduled.

    The Tulsa series was scheduled after the 2004 season.

    Last year's UConn game was a return game in a home-and-home that began in 2002 - so I have no clue how long before that it was first scheduled. When we scheduled them, they weren't even Division I-A, let alone a BCS conference team.



  6. #156
    Speechless
    Points: 913,070, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    61,033
    Points
    913,070
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,574
    Given: 4,635

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Tri4Cy View Post
    We are currently doing all right but it will be nice boost in selling the 10,000 additional tickets in the SEZ :)
    Then we need to keep winning.
    Whether we play UNI or not is irrelevant to our ticket-selling future.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  7. #157
    Starter
    Points: 15,711, Level: 38
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 739
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cyrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    643
    Points
    15,711
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 53

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    I don't think you understand how far out these games are scheduled.

    The Tulsa series was scheduled after the 2004 season.

    Last year's UConn game was a return game in a home-and-home that began in 2002 - so I have no clue how long before that it was first scheduled. When we scheduled them, they weren't even Division I-A, let alone a BCS conference team.
    To add to CyFan's point, I think the Utah game (series) was scheduled 10 years out. So here's their record going farther back:

    2000 - 4-7
    2001 - 8-4
    2002 - 5-6



  8. #158
    Speechless
    Points: 187,508, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,833
    Points
    187,508
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 1,076

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    The biggest reason this is sucks is the fact that we wont get to see any other teams come into Jack Trice.

    I personally like when other schools come to Jack Trice, so we get a variety. Our variety is already limited having to play 9 Big 12 teams, Iowa every year.

    So basically now we play only ONE different team. BORING.



  9. #159
    Pro
    Points: 42,254, Level: 63
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 696
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    shagcarpetjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,871
    Points
    42,254
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 190
    Given: 103

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    The biggest reason this is sucks is the fact that we wont get to see any other teams come into Jack Trice.

    I personally like when other schools come to Jack Trice, so we get a variety. Our variety is already limited having to play 9 Big 12 teams, Iowa every year.

    So basically now we play only ONE different team. BORING.
    And that one different team is typically somebody like Akron, UNLV, San Jose St., etc. Woooooo!



  10. #160
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,965, Level: 31
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    downtown Des Moines
    Posts
    321
    Points
    10,965
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 62

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    Any idea how much UNI gets paid for these games? I'd like to know how much we pay all of our non conferences visitors... like Tulsa & West Ill....



  11. #161
    Legend
    Points: 182,854, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    10,649
    Points
    182,854
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,263
    Given: 671

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPeske View Post
    Any idea how much UNI gets paid for these games? I'd like to know how much we pay all of our non conferences visitors... like Tulsa & West Ill....
    Tulsa $250,000 but they pay us the same when we play there next year so it is a wash.

    Western Illinois $350,000 straight up.



  12. #162
    Starter
    Points: 14,580, Level: 36
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    670
    Points
    14,580
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 29

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    2013 & 2015 - $350,000
    2016 & 2017 - $400,000 or 20% of gate receipt, whichever is more
    2019 - $450,000 or 20% of gate receipt, whichever is more
    2021 - $500,000 or 20% of gate receipt, whichever is more
    2023 - $550,000 or 20$ of gate receipt, whichever is more

    This was from the register today.



  13. #163
    Addict
    Points: 72,907, Level: 83
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,408
    Points
    72,907
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,582
    Given: 6,353

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    Tulsa $250,000 but they pay us the same when we play there next year so it is a wash.

    Western Illinois $350,000 straight up.
    Can't believe we are paying UNI more than these teams. They have little travel cost and are competing for in-state players with us. Like the Tulsa deal much better. We need to play some road games non-con. They are a good team. And their "fan" base isn't a bunch of Hawk fans.



  14. #164
    Legend
    Points: 182,854, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    10,649
    Points
    182,854
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,263
    Given: 671

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdOfWar View Post
    2013 & 2015 - $350,000
    2016 & 2017 - $400,000 or 20% of gate receipt, whichever is more
    2019 - $450,000 or 20% of gate receipt, whichever is more
    2021 - $500,000 or 20% of gate receipt, whichever is more
    2023 - $550,000 or 20$ of gate receipt, whichever is more

    This was from the register today.
    So safe to say there is no discount given.



  15. #165
    Speechless
    Points: 566,827, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Close Enough, IA
    Posts
    21,745
    Points
    566,827
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 644
    Given: 348

    Re: Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by carvers4math View Post
    Can't believe we are paying UNI more than these teams.
    Like others have said, I'm sure it buys us a little favor with the Regents.

    Also, no return trips for us.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM