I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 182,909, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,572
    Points
    182,909
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 0

    I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    Early on this week, Hawkeye fans that I see on a regular basis were actually quite decent to be around for once in the week leading up to this game. Most thought ISU would probably win the game, and felt ISU was just a better team than Iowa this year.

    But as the week has wore on, they have resorted back to being the same old Hawk fans that are super cocky and arrogant again. It's as if they've now forgotten what the two teams did last Saturday. And I even see it amongst some of the media members over here on the eastern side of the state too. The CR Gazette's Marc Morehouse on Monday was predicting an ISU win. Now I wake up this morning and see in the paper that he's now predicting an Iowa win.

    It's nothing shocking whatsoever, but it just irritates the hell out of me. I would love to just win this game, no matter how we do it, but as this week has gone on, now I want to just lay a beatdown on these guys. I don't want just a one point win where all I will hear next week is how we lucked out. I want a dominating and convincing win..... something like 41-10.

    Sure, I will take any win, but I really believe that this year we are the better team. Outside of having a senior QB, I think Iowa is in a rebuilding year this year, and I think ISU is more experienced. If we play like we are capable of, I don't think a good beating is out of the question. But more than likely we will be in for the battle of our lives again since we don't usually play very well in IC.

    I just want to shut these Hawks up bad!



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,638, Level: 76
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the road again
    Posts
    3,886
    Points
    61,638
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 1,325

    Re: I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Early on this week, Hawkeye fans that I see on a regular basis were actually quite decent to be around for once in the week leading up to this game. Most thought ISU would probably win the game, and felt ISU was just a better team than Iowa this year.

    But as the week has wore on, they have resorted back to being the same old Hawk fans that are super cocky and arrogant again. It's as if they've now forgotten what the two teams did last Saturday. And I even see it amongst some of the media members over here on the eastern side of the state too. The CR Gazette's Marc Morehouse on Monday was predicting an ISU win. Now I wake up this morning and see in the paper that he's now predicting an Iowa win.

    It's nothing shocking whatsoever, but it just irritates the hell out of me. I would love to just win this game, no matter how we do it, but as this week has gone on, now I want to just lay a beatdown on these guys. I don't want just a one point win where all I will hear next week is how we lucked out. I want a dominating and convincing win..... something like 41-10.

    Sure, I will take any win, but I really believe that this year we are the better team. Outside of having a senior QB, I think Iowa is in a rebuilding year this year, and I think ISU is more experienced. If we play like we are capable of, I don't think a good beating is out of the question. But more than likely we will be in for the battle of our lives again since we don't usually play very well in IC.

    I just want to shut these Hawks up bad!
    Go Cyclones!!!!!




    Jamie's Fine for Helping Children:
    https://www.unitypoint.org/desmoines...-donation.aspx

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,209, Level: 68
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Prone2Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,508
    Points
    49,209
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 353
    Given: 144

    Re: I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    the same old Hawk fans that are super cocky and arrogant again.
    This is why I hope for a Hawkeye beatdown every day of every week of every year in every sport.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 218,677, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MLawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,827
    Points
    218,677
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 475
    Given: 139

    Re: I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    Naw, I would rather see a heart stopping ending where the Cyclones barely eek it out at the end. You know type of ending that makes you feel like you might have a heart attack due to so much excite and anxiety. It wouldn't be a true Cyclone victory if that wasn't the case.



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 189,947, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    10,092
    Points
    189,947
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 889
    Given: 107

    Re: I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    I hate it when fans think they're going to win.

    I swear some of you look for **** to get ****** about. In a week where most of the media I've seen is picking ISU to win @Iowa, we've got posters on here ******** about Tom Kakert and Marc Morehouse. God forbid someone dare say Iowa will win a game they're favored in.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,638, Level: 76
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the road again
    Posts
    3,886
    Points
    61,638
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 1,325

    Re: I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    Quote Originally Posted by Prone2Clone View Post
    This is why I hope for a Hawkeye beatdown every day of every week of every year in every sport.
    I keep hoping for an earthquake to go right through Iowa City that would open a great big hole and swallow the whole thing, SUI and their village.




    Jamie's Fine for Helping Children:
    https://www.unitypoint.org/desmoines...-donation.aspx

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 47,101, Level: 67
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,249
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Daserop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    3,228
    Points
    47,101
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 311
    Given: 450

    Re: I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    To quote the great Duke Nukem "It's time to kick *** and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum"



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 36,193, Level: 58
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,455
    Points
    36,193
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 64

    Re: I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    I hate it when fans think they're going to win.

    I swear some of you look for **** to get ****** about. In a week where most of the media I've seen is picking ISU to win @Iowa, we've got posters on here ******** about Tom Kakert and Marc Morehouse. God forbid someone dare say Iowa will win a game they're favored in.
    Time for Clarkey to shut his pie hole.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 189,947, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    10,092
    Points
    189,947
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 889
    Given: 107

    Re: I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    Quote Originally Posted by 2forISU View Post
    Time for Clarkey to shut his pie hole.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 25,863, Level: 49
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    F5cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    1,199
    Points
    25,863
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 77

    Re: I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    I hate it when fans think they're going to win.

    I swear some of you look for **** to get ****** about. In a week where most of the media I've seen is picking ISU to win @Iowa, we've got posters on here ******** about Tom Kakert and Marc Morehouse. God forbid someone dare say Iowa will win a game they're favored in.
    Any sources you can point to that will back up your claim about media members picking ISU over iowa?



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 271,696, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,533
    Points
    271,696
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 38

    Re: I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    Clark is right here...most are picking ISU and it makes me nervous as heck. We should all be happy with a W of any type. I highly doubt it will be easy today.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 260,077, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,183
    Points
    260,077
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 869
    Given: 751

    Re: I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Early on this week, Hawkeye fans that I see on a regular basis were actually quite decent to be around for once in the week leading up to this game. Most thought ISU would probably win the game, and felt ISU was just a better team than Iowa this year.

    But as the week has wore on, they have resorted back to being the same old Hawk fans that are super cocky and arrogant again. It's as if they've now forgotten what the two teams did last Saturday. And I even see it amongst some of the media members over here on the eastern side of the state too. The CR Gazette's Marc Morehouse on Monday was predicting an ISU win. Now I wake up this morning and see in the paper that he's now predicting an Iowa win.

    It's nothing shocking whatsoever, but it just irritates the hell out of me. I would love to just win this game, no matter how we do it, but as this week has gone on, now I want to just lay a beatdown on these guys. I don't want just a one point win where all I will hear next week is how we lucked out. I want a dominating and convincing win..... something like 41-10.

    Sure, I will take any win, but I really believe that this year we are the better team. Outside of having a senior QB, I think Iowa is in a rebuilding year this year, and I think ISU is more experienced. If we play like we are capable of, I don't think a good beating is out of the question. But more than likely we will be in for the battle of our lives again since we don't usually play very well in IC.

    I just want to shut these Hawks up bad!
    Morehouse would dump his wife for KF.



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 189,947, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    10,092
    Points
    189,947
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 889
    Given: 107

    Re: I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    Quote Originally Posted by F5cy View Post
    Any sources you can point to that will back up your claim about media members picking ISU over iowa?
    Keith Murphy for one. Dave Zabolinski (sp?) from Ch 5. Steve Deace, just about all of Murph & Andy's regular guests, The Des Moines Register. Those are just the ones I know about.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 182,909, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,572
    Points
    182,909
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 0

    Re: I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    Clark is right here...most are picking ISU and it makes me nervous as heck. We should all be happy with a W of any type. I highly doubt it will be easy today.
    It makes me nervous as heck too. I hate it. I'd almost rather go into the game as a 14+ pt underdog. A lot of Cyclone fans are kinda optimistic this week, including me, and it scares me to death.



  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 13,729, Level: 35
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cy2win's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    563
    Points
    13,729
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

    Re: I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

    We get a 'W' of any kind in their house = beatdown.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM