View Poll Results: How many non conference losses for ISU in men's bball?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • NONE.

5 8.93%
  • One slip up

10 17.86%
  • Two mistakes

14 25.00%
  • Three for the road

15 26.79%
  • Four downers.

12 21.43%
  • More than four and very chagrined.

0 0%
    Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 789
    Given: 519

POLL: Non Conference Losses - How Many?

I keep looking at the non conference games, and with lots of players to help out, I project that we win all the games. What do you think?

Last edited by Wesley; 11-06-2007 at 06:11 PM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Rookie
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

Re: POLL: Non Conference Losses - How Many?

This team is going to surprise the Big 12

Speechless
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 0

Four, FOUR nonconference losses. MWA HA HA

In all seriousness though, I think we do lose four, unfortunately. At least.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I keep looking at the non conference games, and with lots of players to help out, I project that we win all the games. What do you think?
    That would be amazing, but with such a young core of players it's a lot to expect them to not have an off night. I like the optimism though.

"THE SKIES SHALL RAIN BLOOD AND ALL THE WORLD SHALL QUAKE IN THE SHADOW OF THE CARDINAL AND GOLD!"

Chile Mac is Back!
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 668
    Given: 1,548

I said 3, but we will play well. It is just that we have a decent non-conf. slate this year. Minnesota, N.Iowa, Purdue, Oregon St....etc.

If we play our best every game we might only lose one or two, but I am sure there is a slip up waiting to happen also.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 812
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 35

I would be surprised if we won at Bradley...I would say 3 losses (Purdue, Bradley, One other loss dont know where)

Chile Mac is Back!
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 668
    Given: 1,548

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonepower View Post
    I would be surprised if we won at Bradley...I would say 3 losses (Purdue, Bradley, One other loss dont know where)
    That sounds right, Purdue, Bradley and maybe Oregon St. (long road trip, decent team?)

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 43

I've gotta believe we lose one game in Vegas, lose to Bradley, and lose to either Drake or UNI. I'm not worried about Oregon State at all.

All-Star
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

i think possible non-conference losses could come at Bradley, at Oregon State, one of the games in the Las Vegas Classic, so in total i think we could go undefeated but realisticly i see 3 losses and maybe more.

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

Starter
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 671
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

I got tickets to oregon state and Vegas classic...............clones win all of those games!!enough said!

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Bradley Guards Shine in Exhibition Finale, 105-82 - BUBRAVES.COMóOfficial Web Site of Bradley University Athletics

Bradley Guards Shine in Exhibition Finale, 105-82 Courtesy: Bradley University
    Release: 11/04/2007
    Audio: Quincy at Bradley PEORIA, Ill. -- Senior point guard Daniel Ruffin (Peoria, Ill./Central H.S.) turned in a double-double with 22 points and 11 assists and teamed with Bradley’s other four primary backcourt players for 73 points as the Braves (2-0 preseason) displayed another second-half offensive explosion en route to a 105-82 men’s college basketball exhibition victory versus Quincy (0-2 preseason) Sunday afternoon at Carver Arena.

A preseason candidate for the Bob Cousy Point Guard of the Year award, the 5-foot-10 Ruffin did a little bit of everything Sunday, adding two rebounds, two steals and an impressive blocked shot in his team-high 27 minutes of action. Sophmore guard Andrew Warren (Indianapolis, Ind./Brebeuf Jesuit Prep) added 19 points off the bench and the Bradley backcourt also got 15 points from senior guard Jeremy Crouch (Pekin, Ill./Pekin H.S.), nine points from Tyrone Cole-Scott (Waterloo, Iowa/East H.S.) and eight points from freshman Sam Maniscalco (Chicago, Ill./St. Patrick H.S.). Quincy guard Andrew Muse led the Hawks with 22 points and Cameron Murkey chipped in with 19 points and a game-high seven rebounds. Quincy also got double-digit scoring from Marlon Jackson (13 points) and reserve forward Cody Stoneburner (11).

Bradley appeared to be taking control of the game midway through the first half when senior center Matt Salley (Charlotte, N.C./North Mecklenburg H.S.) capped an 8-0 Bradley run with a layup set up by a Ruffin feed to give the Braves a 30-23 lead with 7:21 left in the period. The Braves suddenly went cold from the field, however, and Quincy closed the half with a 24-9 push to take a 47-39 lead into halftime.

With Ruffin leading the way, Bradley wasted little time in not only erasing the halftime deficit, but also turning the game into a rout. After Ruffin exchanged a pair of baskets with the Hawks to open the half, he fed Salley for another layup with 18:22 left in the period that started a 15-0 Braves run. While Warren’s three free throws with 15:39 left in the half gave the Braves a 59-51 lead, Ruffin had already scored 10 points and dished out a pair of assists in the first 4:21 of the second half.

A Warren 3-pointer with 13:51 left gave the Braves their first double-digit lead, 64-52, and the Hawks were unable to get their deficit back into single digits the rest of the way. After scoring 42 points in the first 9:43 of the second half, the Braves stretched their lead to 85-64 on a pair of Crouch free throws with 9:47 to go and eventually grew the lead to a game-high 26 points, 101-75, when freshman Will Egolf (Juneau, Alaska/Juneau-Douglas H.S.) put Bradley into triple digits with a 3-pointer from the top of the key. Bradley outscored the Hawks 66-35 in the second half.

While the Braves struggled with their long-range shooting in the first half, making just 3-of-11 3-point attempts in the first period, Bradley drained 10-of-18 3-point tries after the break and finished the game 13-of-29 (.448) from behind the arc. The Braves also took better care of the ball in the second half, committing only five turnovers in the final 20 minutes, while forcing Quincy into 11 second-half miscues. The difference allowed the Braves a 17-2 advantage in second-half points off turnovers.

Coupled with the 110-84 exhibition win versus Saint Ambrose Thursday night, the Braves averaged 107.5 points in the preseason, marking the first time Bradley has ever averaged triple digits in the 16 years they have played multiple preseason exhibition games.

Bradley officially will open its 104th men’s basketball season Saturday by visiting Illinois-Chicago in a 7 p.m. contest that will be televised locally by Insight Communications. The Braves will open their 16-game regular-season home schedule Nov. 14 by hosting Big 12 Conference member Iowa State in a 7:05 p.m. contest at Carver Arena. Single-game tickets sales for Bradley’s 16- game slate will go begin Monday in person at the Robertson Fieldhouse Box Office, the Carver Arena Box Office or online at BUBRAVES.COMóOfficial Web Site of Bradley University Athletics.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Bradley has a "star": from East Waterloo:

Cole-Scott's 36 Sparks Bradley in Exhibition Opener Courtesy: Bradley University
    Release: 11/01/2007
    Courtesy: Bradley University
    http://www.bubraves.com/

PEORIA, Ill. -- Junior guard Tyrone Cole-Scott (Waterloo, Iowa/East H.S.), a first-year transfer from Tyler (Texas) Junior College, scored a game-high 36 points in just 21 minutes, leading four Bradley players in double-figures and sparking the Braves (1-0 preseason) to a 110-84 exhibition victory versus Saint Ambrose (0-1 preseason) Thursday night in front of 4,150 fans in what is expected to be the final men’s basketball game in the storied history of Robertson Memorial Fieldhouse.

A 5-foot-10 guard who drained 192 3-pointers in his two-year junior college career, Cole-Scott made 10-of-12 field goal attempts, including 6-of-8 from 3-point range, and all 10 of his free throw attempts to lead Bradley’s offensive onslaught Thursday night. He also shared game-high honors with five assists and made off with two steals. Bradley’s three top returning guard also turned in double-digit scoring efforts against the Fighting Bees: senior point guard Daniel Ruffin (Peoria, Ill./Central H.S.) added 17 points, four assists and three steals in just 19 minutes, while sophomore guard Andrew Warren (Indianapolis, Ind./Brebeuf Jesuit Prep) chipped in with 15 points and senior guard Jeremy Crouch (Pekin, Ill./Pekin H.S.) added 11 points and a game-high four steals. Junior swingman Theron Wilson (Topeka, Kan./Highland Park H.S.) led the Braves with 10 rebounds.