Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: E. BRUN

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 17,301, Level: 40
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GoClones123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    423
    Points
    17,301
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    E. BRUN

    I just wanted to comment on Ernst Brun play last Saturday. He does look imposing and seems to have pretty good hands. It's been awhile since we have had a TE that could catch the ball. I think he will be key in a lot of games this year in the Red Zone and with overly aggressive defenses. I liked how he looked and think he will develop to be a 30-40+ catch safety outlet TE for Jantz this year. We have been missing that facet in our offense for 2-3 years.


    YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH BILLY SELF!

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Points: 8,395, Level: 27
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    410
    Points
    8,395
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: E. BRUN

    Yeah Ernst Brun looked really good to me also...Its always nice to have a "Big Time" Tight End....


    Go Cyclones Beat the Squawks.....



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 33,843, Level: 56
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    farminclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,307
    Points
    33,843
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: E. BRUN

    That pass on the TD was awesome, Jantz showed great patience and touch on that play.

    Also, great job by EB!



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 475,798, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    18,676
    Points
    475,798
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 6

    Re: E. BRUN

    Quote Originally Posted by GoClones123 View Post
    I just wanted to comment on Ernst Brun play last Saturday. He does look imposing and seems to have pretty good hands. It's been awhile since we have had a TE that could catch the ball. I think he will be key in a lot of games this year in the Red Zone and with overly aggressive defenses. I liked how he looked and think he will develop to be a 30-40+ catch safety outlet TE for Jantz this year. We have been missing that facet in our offense for 2-3 years.
    If by "awhile" you mean 1 season, then I would agree.

    Its kind of funny how one bad season of TE play has made some folks forget that just 2 years ago we had the best TE in school history.

    But I do agree on your assessment of Bruns. He really looked comfortable out there, Jantz clearly has a good chemistry with him, and Mess definitely isn't afraid to use the TE. I think he's going to be a nice weapon for us and he really showed some promise out there.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 132,644, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,716
    Points
    132,644
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 19

    Re: E. BRUN

    Brun looked pretty good, except on ISU's first touchdown pass from Jantz to Lenz. He got blown up



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 25,566, Level: 49
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 984
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Sloup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,185
    Points
    25,566
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: E. BRUN

    A big guy that can catch balls in the middle of the field is a valuable weapon on any offense.

    Edit: Post #1000



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 265,769, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,355
    Points
    265,769
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 9

    Re: E. BRUN

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    If by "awhile" you mean 1 season, then I would agree.

    Its kind of funny how one bad season of TE play has made some folks forget that just 2 years ago we had the best TE in school history.

    But I do agree on your assessment of Bruns. He really looked comfortable out there, Jantz clearly has a good chemistry with him, and Mess definitely isn't afraid to use the TE. I think he's going to be a nice weapon for us and he really showed some promise out there.
    Mike Bush was pretty damn good back in the day.



  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 14,540, Level: 36
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    643
    Points
    14,540
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: E. BRUN

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    Brun looked pretty good, except on ISU's first touchdown pass from Jantz to Lenz. He got blown up
    He blocked well enough for Jantz to get the ball off.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 35,627, Level: 58
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,023
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CynadoAlley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames via Akron, IA
    Posts
    1,800
    Points
    35,627
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 34

    Re: E. BRUN

    I was impressed with him. At first I was just focused on how nice of a pass Jantz made into the endzone before realizing it was to Brun. It certainly is nice having a big target in the middle of the field.


    In Fred We Trust


  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 475,798, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    18,676
    Points
    475,798
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 6

    Re: E. BRUN

    Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    Mike Bush was pretty damn good back in the day.
    Yeah. All-time might have been a little much.

    Definitely the best in this century though.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Points: 17,301, Level: 40
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GoClones123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    423
    Points
    17,301
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: E. BRUN

    holy crap...yeah we had C Franklin just two years ago, it does seem like forever though, odd.


    YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH BILLY SELF!

  12. #12
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 17,970, Level: 40
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    reignofthetiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    348
    Points
    17,970
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 22

    Re: E. BRUN

    Quote Originally Posted by farminclone View Post
    That pass on the TD was awesome, Jantz showed great patience and touch on that play.

    Also, great job by EB!
    That was the biggest thing I noticed on this play, I think last year he would have gunned it to Brun before he even got completely out of his break. Good play call, nice execution all around.


    #cyclONEnation


    Shawn Kemp = Reignman forever

    EVERTON! COYB

    Follow me on twitter


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM