Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 27,590, Level: 51
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,060
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CRCy17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rahway, NJ
    Posts
    853
    Points
    27,590
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 7

    'Twas The Night Before Kickoff '12

    We have had a few of these in the past, but I hadn't seen one yet so I threw one together. Enjoy!

    Twas the night before kickoff, when all through Cyclone Nation
    Every fan was primed with pure jubilation.
    The tailgates were prepped for the morning with care,
    In hopes that Cyclone Football soon would be there.

    The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
    While visions of Sweet Caroline danced in their heads.
    And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in I-State my cap,
    Had just settled our brains for a short pregame nap.

    When out on the lots there arose such a clatter,
    I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
    I heard a great raucous, not normal to the hour,
    But it was just some fans, chanting CYCLONE POWER.

    Steele Jantz looked as nimble and as spry as can be,
    Scoring touchdown after touchdown truly with ease.
    When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
    The greatest of leaders, all Cyclones should cheer.

    A passionate coach, from the fog he arose,
    I knew in a moment it must Paul Rhoads.
    More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
    And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!

    "Now Shontrelle! now, Jarvis! now, Woody and Horne!
    On, AJ! On, Jake! Tulsa has been warned!
    Now on to Jack Trice! To the top of the wall!
    Now play your hearts out, I’m SO PROUD of you all!"

    In rolled hurricane Isaac, golden it was not.
    Any hopes they had were stopped by Klein and Knott.
    So into Iowa City next week we will go,
    With a sturdy record, of 1 and 0!


    GO STATE!


    Last edited by CRCy17; 09-01-2012 at 12:06 AM.

  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 12,542, Level: 33
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Benny34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    768
    Points
    12,542
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 10

    Re: 'Twas The Night Before Kickoff '12

    Very good



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 71,524, Level: 83
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,626
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    914
    Points
    71,524
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 33

    Re: 'Twas The Night Before Kickoff '12

    these "twas the night before" posts are lamer than FDR's legs


    read this post quickly - it might not last long

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 149,069, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isulive2train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ciclón Nación
    Posts
    4,990
    Points
    149,069
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 992
    Given: 483

    Re: 'Twas The Night Before Kickoff '12




    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."


  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 84,136, Level: 90
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,414
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Posts
    8,223
    Points
    84,136
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 36

    Re: 'Twas The Night Before Kickoff '12

    Awesome!

    Only one thing that bothered me, and I've noticed it a lot over the past week. Not very many people know how to spell Isaac.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 558,625, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    22,225
    Points
    558,625
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,893
    Given: 5,878

    Re: 'Twas The Night Before Kickoff '12

    Quote Originally Posted by CRCy17 View Post
    We have had a few of these in the past, but I hadn't seen one yet so I threw one together. Enjoy!

    Twas the night before kickoff, when all through Cyclone Nation
    Every fan was primed with pure jubilation.
    The tailgates were prepped for the morning with care,
    In hopes that Cyclone Football soon would be there.

    The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
    While visions of Sweet Caroline danced in their heads.
    And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in I-State my cap,
    Had just settled our brains for a short pregame nap.

    When out on the lots there arose such a clatter,
    I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
    I heard a great raucous, not normal to the hour,
    But it was just some fans, chanting CYCLONE POWER.

    Steele Jantz looked as nimble and as spry as can be,
    Scoring touchdown after touchdown truly with ease.
    When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
    The greatest of leaders, all Cyclones should cheer.

    A passionate coach, from the fog he arose,
    I knew in a moment it must Paul Rhoads.
    More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
    And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!

    "Now Shontrelle! now, Jarvis! now, Woody and Horne!
    On, AJ! On, Jake! Tulsa has been warned!
    Now on to Jack Trice! To the top of the wall!
    Now play your hearts out, I’m SO PROUD of you all!"

    In rolled hurricane Issac, golden it was not.
    Any hopes they had were stopped by Klein and Knott.
    So into Iowa City next week we will go,
    With a sturdy record, of 1 and 0!


    GO STATE!
    I was thinking all day that I hoped someone would come up with another of these. Like and rep to you good sir! GO CYCLONES!


    2014 CF Poster of the Year

    CF SURVIVOR 4 WINNER!

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    Rulzzz game threads have become a CF tradition.

  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 27,590, Level: 51
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,060
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CRCy17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rahway, NJ
    Posts
    853
    Points
    27,590
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 7

    Re: 'Twas The Night Before Kickoff '12

    Quote Originally Posted by cstrunk View Post
    Awesome!

    Only one thing that bothered me, and I've noticed it a lot over the past week. Not very many people know how to spell Isaac.
    Thank you, I swear it was just a typo, I know how to spell that, my roommates name is Isaac!



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 84,136, Level: 90
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,414
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tyler, TX
    Posts
    8,223
    Points
    84,136
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 36

    Re: 'Twas The Night Before Kickoff '12

    Quote Originally Posted by CRCy17 View Post
    Thank you, I swear it was just a typo, I know how to spell that, my roommates name is Isaac!
    That's actually pretty funny.

    Go Cyclones!!!!



  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 18,977, Level: 42
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 873
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    cycophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    589
    Points
    18,977
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 191

    Re: 'Twas The Night Before Kickoff '12

    Definitely a gem! Great work!!



    "Never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield ... to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” ― Winston Churchill

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 31,901, Level: 54
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    EYEoftheSTORM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    2,565
    Points
    31,901
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 10

    Re: 'Twas The Night Before Kickoff '12

    Great work chapp!!I envision CPR reading this to the players tonight before he sends them to bed in their hotel rooms... To me tomorrow is Christmas morning, and mybig present is a Cyclone W!!!! Get it done boys.




    I WAS THERE!!!!!!

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 10,594, Level: 31
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    BuffettClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Altoona, Iowa
    Posts
    1,121
    Points
    10,594
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

    Re: 'Twas The Night Before Kickoff '12

    Nice work, fun read



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 103,217, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,968
    Points
    103,217
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 205
    Given: 162

    Re: 'Twas The Night Before Kickoff '12

    Well done!



  13. #13
    Rookie
    Points: 12,163, Level: 33
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cymaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    484
    Points
    12,163
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: 'Twas The Night Before Kickoff '12

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyballz View Post
    these "twas the night before" posts are lamer than FDR's legs
    Too soon.....



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPN2
  • Iowa State @ Kansas State
  • February 28, 2015
  • 03:00 PM