Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 53,851, Level: 71
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    4,296
    Points
    53,851
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 30

    Storm the field or not?

    There has been a lot of post on here about how it was low class to storm the field after beating KSU and Iowa. I for one see no problem with it. The Cyclones have been very painfull to watch for most of this year, but the fans are still coming to games and cheering about whatever they can. JP has asked for the fans to come out and support, cheer, and be there for the team. Is it so wrong for a fan want to go down on the field and help the team celebrate a victory with the players? I would think that the players would enjoy the fans storming the field. In the paper last week it said Ace was late to the locker room because he was on the field with the fans.

    For those that don't like it, don't do it. Freedom to choose: Isn't that the great thing about living in this country?

    Let's worry about winning games first, then we can write to Ms. Manners for the proper reaction.



  2. #2
    Rookie
    Points: 17,210, Level: 39
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    530
    Points
    17,210
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Storm the field or not?

    Storm the field vs. Colorado if we win? No

    Storm the field vs. Kansas if we win? Yes



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 119,303, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,767
    Points
    119,303
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Storm the field or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cymon View Post
    Storm the field vs. Kansas if we win? Yes
    I don't know how many Cyclone fans will be down in Kansas, but I am going to go out on a limb and say if they rush the field after a win they will get beat down by cops, players, fans. Take your pick.



  4. #4
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,718, Level: 26
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    clonefan98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    271
    Points
    7,718
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Storm the field or not?

    If I were a player and had just beaten KSU I would have preferred the fans not storm the field and just support us from the stands. If the fans don't rush it would say to me "They expected us to beat KSU. This win isn't that big a suprise. Maybe we aren't so bad after all. Cool."

    Of course I'm not a player, and won't even pretend to guess at their mindsets, but this is how I think I'd feel.



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 17,210, Level: 39
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    530
    Points
    17,210
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Storm the field or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by cys_av8r View Post
    I don't know how many Cyclone fans will be down in Kansas, but I am going to go out on a limb and say if they rush the field after a win they will get beat down by cops, players, fans. Take your pick.

    Sorry, I should have said if the game was in Ames. For some reason I keep thinking its at home.


    Last edited by Cymon; 11-06-2007 at 10:49 AM.

  6. #6
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    bferin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    223
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Storm the field or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post
    For those that don't like it, don't do it. Freedom to choose: Isn't that the great thing about living in this country?
    I don't really think this is an issue involving national liberty.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,581, Level: 68
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,880
    Points
    49,581
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Storm the field or not?

    Considering the team couldn't cut down the nets at Baylor after winning the Big XII Championship, I doubt the fans would be allowed on the field at Kansas.



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 17,210, Level: 39
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    530
    Points
    17,210
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Storm the field or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCy View Post
    Considering the team couldn't cut down the nets at Baylor after winning the Big XII Championship, I doubt the fans would be allowed on the field at Kansas.
    Once again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymon View Post
    Sorry, I should have said if the game was in Ames. For some reason I keep thinking its at home.


    Last edited by Cymon; 11-06-2007 at 10:49 AM.

  9. #9
    Facebook Knows All
    Points: 274,249, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    16,169
    Points
    274,249
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 74

    Re: Storm the field or not?

    I want to congratulate the players and coaches after every win. Does that mean we should storm the field every single time after beating a team?

    Take basketball for example, should we storm the court to "celebrate and congratulate" the players and coaches this Friday if we beat Winston Salem State?



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,210, Level: 60
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 840
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cloneu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    4,121
    Points
    38,210
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 11

    Re: Storm the field or not?

    First of all should not have rushed against KSU. Should not against Colorado. Maybe at KU, if oh I don't know, say winning that game would put us in the Big 12 Championship game.


    Step 1: Cut a hole in the box.

  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 70,318, Level: 82
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,132
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isufbcurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    4,295
    Points
    70,318
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 300
    Given: 616

    Re: Storm the field or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by clonefan98 View Post
    If I were a player and had just beaten KSU I would have preferred the fans not storm the field and just support us from the stands. If the fans don't rush it would say to me "They expected us to beat KSU. This win isn't that big a suprise. Maybe we aren't so bad after all. Cool."

    Of course I'm not a player, and won't even pretend to guess at their mindsets, but this is how I think I'd feel.
    When I was a player I hoped the fans to storm the field after EVERY win, infact most games we were trying to excourage the student section to do it. Show how excited you are. Yes I know we should act like we are used to winning, but any and all wins are exciting so celebrate them.



  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 17,210, Level: 39
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    530
    Points
    17,210
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Storm the field or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by cloneu View Post
    First of all should not have rushed against KSU. Should not against Colorado. Maybe at KU, if oh I don't know, say winning that game would put us in the Big 12 Championship game.

    Or beating a top 5 team?



  13. #13
    Facebook Knows All
    Points: 274,249, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    16,169
    Points
    274,249
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 74

    Re: Storm the field or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cymon View Post
    Or beating a top 5 team?
    On the road? That's gutsy.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 50,762, Level: 69
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AirWalke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,723
    Points
    50,762
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6

    Re: Storm the field or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by clonefan98 View Post
    If I were a player and had just beaten KSU I would have preferred the fans not storm the field and just support us from the stands. If the fans don't rush it would say to me "They expected us to beat KSU. This win isn't that big a suprise. Maybe we aren't so bad after all. Cool."

    Of course I'm not a player, and won't even pretend to guess at their mindsets, but this is how I think I'd feel.
    IMO, the players are so caught up in the moment that they're not thinking about the little things like that.


    Go Sssssssssyclones!

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 32,778, Level: 55
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    4VR4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    3,468
    Points
    32,778
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Storm the field or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    I want to congratulate the players and coaches after every win. Does that mean we should storm the field every single time after beating a team?

    Take basketball for example, should we storm the court to "celebrate and congratulate" the players and coaches this Friday if we beat Winston Salem State?
    You start the storm on Friday and I will be right behind you.


    Just in case you didn't know... I'm a girl.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM