Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

G7 Parking Question

After 7 years of parking in the GA grass lots, our group has finally bought passes for G7. I'm curious if anybody can speak to the ability to hold spots or drive through after the lot has filled. (Definitely not possible in G2/3)

Also, We are used to lining up and parking as the GA lots open, but I know that G7 opens even earlier. We're planning to get to G7 at 8:45 on Saturday. How fast does that lot typically start filling out to the point that you can't drive a car through? Is there any chance of parking spots on the edge of the lot at that time?

We have one vehicle that will be coming later as there are some younger children that we want to avoid subjecting to 6 hours of tailgating, but I don't know what to expect about getting that vehicle parked near us if they show up much later.

I'm not hopeful, but I figured I'd ask in case I'm needlessly pessimistic.

Last edited by Trench4569; 08-30-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 139

Re: G7 Parking Question

If you park along the east fence, you won't have to worry about holding spots at all. The back part of the lot won't fill in until close to noon.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Prospect
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

So we have the option to park where we please, rather that get directed in like cattle?

When parking along the east fence, is there enough room on either side of the fence to set up a game of cornhole?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 139

Quote Originally Posted by Trench4569 View Post
    So we have the option to park where we please, rather that get directed in like cattle?

When parking along the east fence, is there enough room on either side of the fence to set up a game of cornhole?
    The workers try to herd you somewhat, but I park with a large group and we have to save spots on a pretty regular basis and usually manage to do it as long as we stay within the parking scheme they're laying out. Its not free reign for your parking, but its 10x better than the student lot in terms of picking your space.

With the east fence though, you're going to the other side of the lot from where they line up vehicles, they'll totally leave you alone.

If you park facing the fence (this is the fence that borders Coldwater Links) you will have a ton of room off the back of your vehicle to set up your games.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.