Jim Rome to CBS Sports Radio
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 29,731, Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,158
    Points
    29,731
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Jim Rome to CBS Sports Radio

    My sports media geek is coming out, CBS is serious about this sports radio business as it launches on January 2 in several top 10 media markets as well as other markets, including 1700 The Champ.

    I don't care for Rome, but this is a huge grab for CBS and a big loss for Cheap, I mean Clear Channel.

    Report: Jim Rome Leaving Premiere Radio Networks to Join CBS Sports Radio - Fang's Bites

    Rome’s show has been with Premiere since 1996. The move to CBS Radio would be a natural fit since Rome’s nightly TV show is on CBS Sports Network and his contract allows him to contribute to CBS’ major sports properties such as the U.S. Open, the NCAA Tournament and the NFL.
    In addition, Rome is expected to have a sports and entertainment show on Showtime so bringing his radio show to the new CBS Sports Radio is just a natural progression.



  2. #2
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 607,887, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,966
    Points
    607,887
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,793
    Given: 169

    Re: Jim Rome to CBS Sports Radio

    Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    My sports media geek is coming out, CBS is serious about this sports radio business as it launches on January 2 in several top 10 media markets as well as other markets, including 1700 The Champ.

    I don't care for Rome, but this is a huge grab for CBS and a big loss for Cheap, I mean Clear Channel.

    Report: Jim Rome Leaving Premiere Radio Networks to Join CBS Sports Radio - Fang's Bites
    CBS seems to be getting serious about sports in general. They've acquired a lot of talent as of late. I'm curious if there are plans to make a push to put out a major cable sports channel. With March Madness, the NFL, and the SEC TV contract, they have programming that people want to see. Their position isn't bad.


    Last edited by Angie; 08-30-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 169,953, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,867
    Points
    169,953
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 486
    Given: 2,040

    Re: Jim Rome to CBS Sports Radio

    Ugh, I better be able to find this on iheartradio.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 29,731, Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,158
    Points
    29,731
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Jim Rome to CBS Sports Radio

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    CBS seems to be getting serious about sports in general. They've acquired a lot of talent as of late. I'm curious if there are plans to make a push to put out a major cable sports channel. With March Madness, the NFL, and the SEC TV contract, they have programming that people want to see. They're position isn't bad.
    They already do, CBS Sports Network. It's on DirecTV on channel 613 and in the Mediacom sports pack on channel 171, I don't know what channel it's on Dish Network. Rome's TV show has been on the channel since April.

    CBS has signed Doug Gottlieb (sp?), formerly of ESPN and will host the PM drive show on CBS Sports Radio and will be a contributor to CBS Sports Network and CBS's coverage of college basketball.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Ugh, I better be able to find this on iheartradio.
    I doubt it as Clear Channel owns I Heart.


    Last edited by garn91; 08-30-2012 at 10:37 AM.

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 20,605, Level: 43
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cyclone90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    1,406
    Points
    20,605
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 35

    Re: Jim Rome to CBS Sports Radio

    Crap. I wish 1700 had kept ESPN and KXNO was going CBS Sports Radio. I know a Clear Channel station would likely not drop Fox Sports, but I could dream. Really don't care for Foxs Sports Radio. Too much personality and not enough sports.



  6. #6
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 607,887, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,966
    Points
    607,887
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,793
    Given: 169

    Re: Jim Rome to CBS Sports Radio

    Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    They already do, CBS Sports Network. It's on DirecTV on channel 613 and in the Mediacom sports pack on channel 171, I don't know what channel it's on Dish Network. Rome's TV show has been on the channel since April.

    CBS has signed Doug Gottlieb (sp?), formerly of ESPN and will host the PM drive show on CBS Sports Radio and will be a contributor to CBS Sports Network and CBS's coverage of college basketball.



    I doubt it as Clear Channel owns I Heart.
    That's not what I meant. I meant that I wonder if they're making an attempt to push that network up as a big time cable sports network, a competitor to ESPN, sort of what Fox did in the late 90's.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  7. #7
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 251,664, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    17,873
    Points
    251,664
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,092
    Given: 923

    Re: Jim Rome to CBS Sports Radio

    As long as I get Rome, I don't care what channel it is on.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 83,333, Level: 89
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,040
    Points
    83,333
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 0

    Re: Jim Rome to CBS Sports Radio

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Ugh, I better be able to find this on iheartradio.
    If you're concerned about streaming, tunein radio hss pretty much everything outside of clearchannel.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 224,783, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,657
    Points
    224,783
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,523
    Given: 94

    Re: Jim Rome to CBS Sports Radio

    I could literally be Jim rome.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM