Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: rain Saturday?

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 30,475, Level: 53
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,455
    Points
    30,475
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 4

    rain Saturday?

    Says rain Saturday now on accuweather, 30% chance. Any insight weather people?


    Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think

    Iowa State University Big XII champs 2012 ***official CF PS3 Online Dynasty***

  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 10,205, Level: 30
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    BuffettClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Altoona, Iowa
    Posts
    1,108
    Points
    10,205
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 5

    Re: rain Saturday?

    I'm not a weather man but i did hear Isaac was supposed to be sending rain up to the midwest, weather.com says only a 10% chance of rain for Saturday though



  3. #3
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,178, Level: 25
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Polk City, IA
    Posts
    295
    Points
    7,178
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 5

    Re: rain Saturday?

    The latest HPC prediction shows the rain skirting by just to the SE of Ames.

    HPC Quantitative Precipitation Forecasts - Day 3



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 201,601, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hampton, IA
    Posts
    8,751
    Points
    201,601
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,533
    Given: 890

    Re: rain Saturday?

    As long as it brings some cooler weather, but not the rain. I will be happy. It can rain today, tomorrow, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, but not Saturday.


    ďUrgency,Ē Rhoads said. ďThatís exactly what I told our staff. Itís exactly what I told our players. Urgency in getting your job done. Thatís in a 100 percent rate of speed at executing your responsibility ó whether itís a fit, whether itís a tackle, whether itís a route, whether itís a cut-off block. Everybody needs a little bit more urgency in coaching and playing.Ē


  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 485,052, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,110
    Points
    485,052
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 110

    Re: rain Saturday?

    Whenever someone refers to a less than 40% chance of rain by saying "Oh, its supposed to rain" I want to kick their chest in.

    Do you know what "supposed to" means? It means that there's a very high likelihood that the incident will occur. When there is a 30% chance of rain, that means there is a 70% chance of no rain. It seems that people generally understand the idea of probability, but just completely lose their ******* mind when it comes to weather. How do you not realize that even at 30% chance of rain it is more than TWICE as likely to not rain?


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 201,601, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hampton, IA
    Posts
    8,751
    Points
    201,601
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,533
    Given: 890

    Re: rain Saturday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    Whenever someone refers to a less than 40% chance of rain by saying "Oh, its supposed to rain" I want to kick their chest in.

    Do you know what "supposed to" means? It means that there's a very high likelihood that the incident will occur. When there is a 30% chance of rain, that means there is a 70% chance of no rain. It seems that people generally understand the idea of probability, but just completely lose their ******* mind when it comes to weather. How do you not realize that even at 30% chance of rain it is more than TWICE as likely to not rain?

    So you're saying, there's a chance?


    ďUrgency,Ē Rhoads said. ďThatís exactly what I told our staff. Itís exactly what I told our players. Urgency in getting your job done. Thatís in a 100 percent rate of speed at executing your responsibility ó whether itís a fit, whether itís a tackle, whether itís a route, whether itís a cut-off block. Everybody needs a little bit more urgency in coaching and playing.Ē


  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 485,052, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,110
    Points
    485,052
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 110

    Re: rain Saturday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bret44 View Post
    So you're saying, there's a chance?
    My rant was more directed to society in general than the OP. Although he did say "rain saturday" before prefacing it with the chance percentage.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 201,601, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hampton, IA
    Posts
    8,751
    Points
    201,601
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,533
    Given: 890

    Re: rain Saturday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    My rant was more directed to society in general than the OP. Although he did say "rain saturday" before prefacing it with the chance percentage.
    I just saw a good chance to quote "Dumb and Dumber." So I took, if you will, a chance.


    ďUrgency,Ē Rhoads said. ďThatís exactly what I told our staff. Itís exactly what I told our players. Urgency in getting your job done. Thatís in a 100 percent rate of speed at executing your responsibility ó whether itís a fit, whether itís a tackle, whether itís a route, whether itís a cut-off block. Everybody needs a little bit more urgency in coaching and playing.Ē


  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,391, Level: 70
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,731
    Points
    52,391
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 215

    Re: rain Saturday?

    Storm still moving pretty slow, my expert analysis is that we are in the clear.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 166,801, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    CLONECONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    7,197
    Points
    166,801
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 7

    Re: rain Saturday?

    between the months of may to september here it's a 30% chance to rain everyday

    it rains everyday for at least an hour

    it rains 30% of the time, 100% of the time.




    Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Points: 12,852, Level: 34
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    395
    Points
    12,852
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: rain Saturday?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cychotiic View Post
    Says rain Saturday now on accuweather, 30% chance. Any insight weather people?
    So that would mean 70% chance of NO rain....those odds are better



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 95,928, Level: 96
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,122
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,190
    Points
    95,928
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

    Re: rain Saturday?

    My meterologist says it's 50-50 right now, if that helps...



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 398,213, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    58,703
    Points
    398,213
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 536
    Given: 342

    Re: rain Saturday?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2020cy View Post
    Storm still moving pretty slow, my expert analysis is that we are in the clear.
    Tracking to rain in IC and not Ames....


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 28,944, Level: 52
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 806
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyclone1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Grimes
    Posts
    1,486
    Points
    28,944
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

    Re: rain Saturday?

    accuweather now says 18%. Not going to see any rain, maybe some clouds, but no rain.



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 407,192, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,640
    Points
    407,192
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 554
    Given: 265

    Re: rain Saturday?

    My unprofessional opinion says:
    I think most of the rain will stay in SE Iowa. TS Isaac is moving slow as hell right now and losing a lot of strength as it moves, so whatever falls in SE Iowa will be light. Ames will stay dry with partly to mostly cloudy skies. It should be a great day for tailgating. I'll be disappointed if I don't see you all out there by 8am.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM