Worst luck ever... getting pulled over
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 140,130, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    ISUCyclones2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ames via Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    6,157
    Points
    140,130
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 685
    Given: 199

    Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    So I got pulled over last night for going 6 over the speed limit, yes 6. But the cop was really nice about it and told me that I looked like a nice kid and didn't write me a speeding ticket.

    BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

    He didn't write me a speeding ticket but I was unlucky enough to not have my insurance card on me so instead of a $150ish speeding ticket, I got a $394 no insurance citation.

    Sucks to suck


    #Hashtag

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 150,104, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    CLONECONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    7,217
    Points
    150,104
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 12

    Re: Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    tough break haha




    Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

    CLONECONES

  3. #3
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 299,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    299,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Re: Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    Do you have insurance? If so, get a copy and go show the courts and they will remove the ticket



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 129,197, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    8,042
    Points
    129,197
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 115

    Re: Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    If you do have an insurance all you have to do is show proof of it at the courthouse and your insurance ticket is dropped.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 140,130, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    ISUCyclones2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ames via Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    6,157
    Points
    140,130
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 685
    Given: 199

    Re: Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Do you have insurance? If so, get a copy and go show the courts and they will remove the ticket
    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    If you do have an insurance all you have to do is show proof of it at the courthouse and your insurance ticket is dropped.
    Ah yes, he did tell me. But it will still cost me $60 for court costs.


    #Hashtag

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 649,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    25,014
    Points
    649,809
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,574
    Given: 279

    Re: Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    I'm no mathologist, but I think 60 < 394.



  7. #7
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 251,730, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    17,880
    Points
    251,730
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,106
    Given: 927

    Re: Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    I give credit to my wife. Whenever we get the insurance cards, she makes me put it in the glove box immediately.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 261,360, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,173
    Points
    261,360
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

    Re: Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    That's not tough luck, that's being a ****.


    Team Rainbo_

    Quote Originally Posted by VikesFan4Ever28 View Post
    You have almost 5 crap tons.

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 123,613, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ianoconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    7,523
    Points
    123,613
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 530
    Given: 1,115

    Re: Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Do you have insurance? If so, get a copy and go show the courts and they will remove the ticket
    Yep. I have done this. You just have to fax it to them.



  10. #10
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 608,001, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,979
    Points
    608,001
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,818
    Given: 171

    Re: Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by mj4cy View Post
    I give credit to my wife. Whenever we get the insurance cards, she makes me put it in the glove box immediately.
    Our insurance company sends two copies of each insurance card. They go right in our wallets. Never an issue.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 140,130, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    ISUCyclones2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ames via Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    6,157
    Points
    140,130
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 685
    Given: 199

    Re: Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    Our insurance company sends two copies of each insurance card. They go right in our wallets. Never an issue.
    This is what we do. I just switched vehicles so I had my other card, but not for the one I was driving. I can't believe they can't look that stuff up. All the other numbers are the same, just not the vehicle ID.


    #Hashtag

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 79,838, Level: 87
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    stateofmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,831
    Points
    79,838
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 200
    Given: 333

    Re: Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    The point is that the guy got pulled over for doing six over and has to pay court costs for not having PROOF of insurance. I know, I know, he shouldn't have been SPEEDING and he should have that piece of PAPER. Does anybody have insurance where they can show proof on their phone? I wonder if a copy would not accept that since you would have to hand them your phone.

    Tough luck man, the people that get hit with these kinds of things are usually the people that can't afford it and it creates an endless cycle. Guy is late for work, speeding at six miles over the limit. Gets hit with a violation. Was barely able to make his payment on his car or house, now he has to come up with $60-$400 in fees. Gets fired because he was late or because he needs the time off to go to the courthouse because you can't just mail in the fees. The guy then loses everything he has or had because he missed his alarm. This happens all too often sadly.



  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 13,238, Level: 34
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    JWIL4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    796
    Points
    13,238
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 21

    Re: Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclones2015 View Post
    So I got pulled over last night for going 6 over the speed limit, yes 6. But the cop was really nice about it and told me that I looked like a nice kid and didn't write me a speeding ticket.

    BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

    He didn't write me a speeding ticket but I was unlucky enough to not have my insurance card on me so instead of a $150ish speeding ticket, I got a $394 no insurance citation.

    Sucks to suck

    Why would your auto insurance card be anywhere but inside your car's glovebox?



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 22,740, Level: 46
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 810
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    jj-cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,888
    Points
    22,740
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 41

    Re: Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclones2015 View Post
    This is what we do. I just switched vehicles so I had my other card, but not for the one I was driving. I can't believe they can't look that stuff up. All the other numbers are the same, just not the vehicle ID.
    Agreed w/ this. Can't they go back in their little computer and look to see if the driver has insurance?



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 649,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    25,014
    Points
    649,809
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,574
    Given: 279

    Re: Worst luck ever... getting pulled over

    Quote Originally Posted by stateofmind View Post
    The point is that the guy got pulled over for doing six over and has to pay court costs for not having PROOF of insurance. I know, I know, he shouldn't have been SPEEDING and he should have that piece of PAPER. Does anybody have insurance where they can show proof on their phone? I wonder if a copy would not accept that since you would have to hand them your phone.

    Tough luck man, the people that get hit with these kinds of things are usually the people that can't afford it and it creates an endless cycle. Guy is late for work, speeding at six miles over the limit. Gets hit with a violation. Was barely able to make his payment on his car or house, now he has to come up with $60-$400 in fees. Gets fired because he was late or because he needs the time off to go to the courthouse because you can't just mail in the fees. The guy then loses everything he has or had because he missed his alarm. This happens all too often sadly.
    We need car insurance reform in this country.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM