Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

Gotta love stupid people at the store

So I was getting groceries at Hy-Vee on the way home tonight and I get in the shortest line. BIG MISTAKE! I bet I was in the line at least 10-15 minutes while this dumb overweight lady in one of those shopping scooters argued that the discount Halloween candy was $1 a bag not the $2 it rang up.

It's gets better, of course I get blocked in by other people that see I had little in my cart so I can't get out and into another line. This lady continues to argue and TWO different managers went and checked the price, the 2nd one even brought the carts to the line to show her! She keeps arguing that the signs were deceiving or switched or whatever while myself and the lady behind me that has me blocked in are getting frustrated and leaning on our carts rolling our eyes and making smarta$$ comments to ourselves. Might I also mention her total bill was around $190 so she wasted all this time arguing over $5 of candy she could do without. The managers did a great job of reasoning with her and the 2nd even gave her the name and number of the store director she could call if she was still upset about the situation.

But it gets even better... Then she writes a check for $20 over and wants $1 in quarters, 4 $1 bills, and 1 $5 and $10 bill but did a terrible job explaining thats what she wanted initially so she wastes another 2 minutes explaining this to the cashier. During this whole thing I bit my tongue several times as I just wanted to say "lady, for pete's sake you are arguing over $5 of candy that was clearly marked. You're wasting $10 of my time and the people behind me as well by continuing to make a big deal over this!" It's 5:30 and everyone is wanting to get home, I would have just told the lady to pay for her groceries or move on because it's not worth wasting other customer's time to argue over $5 worth of candy!

Go Cubs Go!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,185
    Given: 1,040

Re: Gotta love stupid people at the store

I haven't done it yet, but someday, somewhere, someone is going to pull that crap on the wrong day in front of me, and I am going to pay the difference just to embarrass the hell out of the tight*ss and get them out of my way.

Addict
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 9

Those customers were always amusing while working at a grocery store. I've had a few argue over items with even less of a price difference. "No no, it was $1.40, not $1.50. Get a manager over here, I want to speak with him!"

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 389
    Given: 49

Tell them off... Stupid people need to be reminded they are stupid sometimes. I get told that a lot.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Addict
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 711
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 68

Quote Originally Posted by AirWalke View Post
    Those customers were always amusing while working at a grocery store. I've had a few argue over items with even less of a price difference. "No no, it was $1.40, not $1.50. Get a manager over here, I want to speak with him!"
    I'll admit it...I am one of those cheap @$$es that buys most of his groceries based on what's on sale and/or how cheap it is compared to other similar items. So even though it might be ringing up only slightly higher, it still torks me off when an advertised price is off. That said, if it was busy I would have just sucked it up and brought back my receipt next time or taken it to the service desk up front.

Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

Addict
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

So this lady blocking you in, I assume she had some sort of weapon that stopped you from asking her to let you by? I'm being completely serious here, you waited 10-15 minutes in line behind someone and you're calling them stupid?

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 36

Here's your sign:

Last edited by clones26; 11-05-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Rookie
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 47

Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    So I was getting groceries at Hy-Vee on the way home tonight and I get in the shortest line. BIG MISTAKE! I bet I was in the line at least 10-15 minutes while this dumb overweight lady in one of those shopping scooters argued that the discount Halloween candy was $1 a bag not the $2 it rang up.

It's gets better, of course I get blocked in by other people that see I had little in my cart so I can't get out and into another line. This lady continues to argue and TWO different managers went and checked the price, the 2nd one even brought the carts to the line to show her! She keeps arguing that the signs were deceiving or switched or whatever while myself and the lady behind me that has me blocked in are getting frustrated and leaning on our carts rolling our eyes and making smarta$$ comments to ourselves. Might I also mention her total bill was around $190 so she wasted all this time arguing over $5 of candy she could do without. The managers did a great job of reasoning with her and the 2nd even gave her the name and number of the store director she could call if she was still upset about the situation.

But it gets even better... Then she writes a check for $20 over and wants $1 in quarters, 4 $1 bills, and 1 $5 and $10 bill but did a terrible job explaining thats what she wanted initially so she wastes another 2 minutes explaining this to the cashier. During this whole thing I bit my tongue several times as I just wanted to say "lady, for pete's sake you are arguing over $5 of candy that was clearly marked. You're wasting $10 of my time and the people behind me as well by continuing to make a big deal over this!" It's 5:30 and everyone is wanting to get home, I would have just told the lady to pay for her groceries or move on because it's not worth wasting other customer's time to argue over $5 worth of candy!
    I was sure you were going to say she had on Hawkeye clothing.

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cmoneyr View Post
    So this lady blocking you in, I assume she had some sort of weapon that stopped you from asking her to let you by? I'm being completely serious here, you waited 10-15 minutes in line behind someone and you're calling them stupid?
    Ok maybe I should have added this is also the ghetto Hy-Vee on MLK near Euclid. Not a place you want to get into arguements with people if you know what I mean. I tend not to shop there when I have to but I just needed a few things and it's the only store on my way home without going out of my way. Nothing against the lady behind me because her and I were cracking up over the nut job ahead of me but her boyfriend or whatever he was to her was also with her and I wasn't about to possibly get into it with them either. Hard to explain unless you've shopped there or know the area but that store is not in an area you want to push your luck with someone.

Go Cubs Go!

Pro
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 863
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 59

Don't you hate that?!?!?! This summer I was at hyvee in johnston at like, midnight - so there was one cashier. Lady doing her grocery shopping for the week (over $200 worth) argued for a good 5 or 10 minutes over two or three cantaloupe. They rang up at like, $5, and she was absolutely sure that was incorrect. 1) they couldn't weigh nearly 3 lbs (they did) and 2) she was sure that the price was 8 cents cheaper per pound than it rang up. Well, she was right about price (after the manager walked to the other end of the store) - it was like, $1.65 instead of $1.73. She saved a whopping 24 cents, and wasted a good 10 minutes of my time.... grrr

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by SLCyclone View Post
    I was sure you were going to say she had on Hawkeye clothing.
    That would have made the story even more funny! I'm tellin' ya though, it was one of those moments when you are pi$$ed but also laughing at someone ignorance at the same time.

Go Cubs Go!

All-Star
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,141
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by cmoneyr View Post
    I dunno, sometimes people are too nice to make a scene like they are frustrated. I would assume in his situation turning back through the line would have given the same semblence as making a rude remark at the lady. Its how us Iowans are by nature.

Personally I probably would have stayed there too (not knowing how long it was really going to be). I probably would have been able to rationalize my reason for staying there too... Is spending an extra 10 minutes standing in line really that much worse than spending 10 minutes online reading stories about other peoples day?? :)

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestZest View Post
    Don't you hate that?!?!?! This summer I was at hyvee in johnston at like, midnight - so there was one cashier. Lady doing her grocery shopping for the week (over $200 worth) argued for a good 5 or 10 minutes over two or three cantaloupe. They rang up at like, $5, and she was absolutely sure that was incorrect. 1) they couldn't weigh nearly 3 lbs (they did) and 2) she was sure that the price was 8 cents cheaper per pound than it rang up. Well, she was right about price (after the manager walked to the other end of the store) - it was like, $1.65 instead of $1.73. She saved a whopping 24 cents, and wasted a good 10 minutes of my time.... grrr
    I used to work at Hy-Vee back in HS and College. Those scales are checked by inspectors frequently and probably have a sticker on it that they have been so that is funny someone was second guessing the scale. Sometimes a few cents or bucks aren't worth the time or effort.

Go Cubs Go!

Addict
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 44

Try going to Wal Mart on a Friday night. I went to the one near Valley West Mall Friday night to grab the last few essential tailgate items along with some items for my costume in the morning. I swear I never saw so many wierd people out at one time.

First every high school kids with 10 miles had to be there. Second, any girl that wasn't in high school had to average at least 200lbs maybe 250lbs and was there with someone just as big.

The lines took at least 30 min no matter which one it was. Plus some people never pay attention to the 20 items or less sign.

Most interesting purchase I saw... Two (probably the best looking women there) women bought 1 texas 5th of Vodka, a package of thong underwear, and bleach... Kinda random on the purchases...

GDMCC Member follow us on twitter @dmcyclub

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

Quote Originally Posted by bellzisu View Post
    Try going to Wal Mart on a Friday night. I went to the one near Valley West Mall Friday night to grab the last few essential tailgate items along with some items for my costume in the morning. I swear I never saw so many wierd people out at one time.

First every high school kids with 10 miles had to be there. Second, any girl that wasn't in high school had to average at least 200lbs maybe 250lbs and was there with someone just as big.

The lines took at least 30 min no matter which one it was. Plus some people never pay attention to the 20 items or less sign.

Most interesting purchase I saw... Two (probably the best looking women there) women bought 1 texas 5th of Vodka, a package of thong underwear, and bleach... Kinda random on the purchases...
    All I'm going to say is don't go to Wal Mart at the beginning of the month. Checks come and wow.....just wow.

What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?