Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 63,809, Level: 78
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,041
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    1,935
    Points
    63,809
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 8

    How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    Losing Royce, Scott, and Allen we lose 38 pts, 15 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block per game.

    In my opinion this is how we will replace all these statistics:


    Clyburn will get 15 pts, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 steal per game.

    Lucious will get 8 pts, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, and 1 steal per game.

    Niang will get 6 pts, 3 rebounds, and 1 assist per game.


    Booker will get 3 more pts per game, 2 more rebounds per game, and 1 more block per game. A total of 7 pts, 6 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks per game.

    Gibson will get 3 more pts per game, and 2 more rebounds per game. A total of 8 pts and 4 rebounds per game.

    Babb will get 2 more pts per game, and 1 more assist per game. A total of 10 pts 3 assists per game.

    Tyrus will get 2 more pts per game, and 1 more assist per game. A total of 10 pts 2 assists per game.


    I don't think there will be much change in Ejim's or Bubu's stats.


    So the overall stats will look like this:

    Clyburn: 30 mpg, 15 ppg, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 1 spg
    Babb: 30 mpg 10 ppg, 4 rpg, 3 apg, 1 spg
    Lucious: 30 mpg, 8 ppg, 2 rpg, 5 apg, 1 spg
    Ejim: 25 mpg, 9 ppg, 7 rpg, 1 apg, 1 spg
    McGee: 20 mpg, 10 ppg, 3 rpg, 2 apg, 1 spg
    Booker: 20 mpg, 7 ppg, 6 rpg, 1.5 bpg, 1 spg
    Gibson: 20 mpg, 8 ppg, 4 rpg, .5 bpg
    Niang: 15 mpg, 6 ppg, 3 rpg, 1 apg
    Bubu: 10 mpg, 4 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 1.5 apg, .5 spg


    Last edited by nallen34; 08-25-2012 at 04:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 93,647, Level: 95
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,403
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,593
    Points
    93,647
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 33

    Re: How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    I personally think our perimeter D will be improved with Lucious/Babb/Clyburn being superior to Scotty/Allen/Babb. That will help. Our D in the paint is still a question mark. Can we replace RW's presence? I know he isn't known for his D, but he's physically intimidating and more times than not, we held our own versus the premier big men we faced.

    I think offensively, we'll be fine. I see us playing at a completely different pace with Lucious. We'll push the floor more and he'll be able to penetrate as much as RW was able to in our offensive sets.

    I think the two biggest keys to the 2012-13 season, will be Percy and Booker. If those guys can play physical D and rebound, this is going to be a VERY GOOD team.


    Last edited by acgclone; 08-25-2012 at 04:27 PM.

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 51,781, Level: 70
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,601
    Points
    51,781
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 125

    Re: How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    Ejim is going to start dunking more and not miss bunny layups, increasing his points and shooting percentage.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    Quote Originally Posted by 2020cy View Post
    Ejim is going to start dunking more and not miss bunny layups, increasing his points and shooting percentage.
    Haha we can only hope.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 63,809, Level: 78
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,041
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    1,935
    Points
    63,809
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 8

    Re: How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post

    I think the two biggest keys to the 2012-13 season, will be Percy and Booker. If those guys can play physical D and rebound, this is going to be a VERY GOOD team.
    I agree. We will be okay replacing Scott and Allen with all of our guards collectively (Babb, Lucious, McGee, Bubu, Clyburn). But yeah if Booker, Gibson, Niang, and Clyburn can replace the post defense, post scoring, and rebounding we will be in great shape.


    Last edited by nallen34; 08-25-2012 at 05:02 PM.

  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 20,227, Level: 43
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Atkins
    Posts
    626
    Points
    20,227
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 5

    Re: How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    I personally think our perimeter D will be improved with Lucious/Babb/Clyburn being superior to Scotty/Allen/Babb. That will help. Our D in the paint is still a question mark. Can we replace RW's presence? I know he isn't known for his D, but he's physically intimidating and more times than not, we held our own versus the premier big men we faced.

    I think offensively, we'll be fine. I see us playing at a completely different pace with Lucious. We'll push the floor more and he'll be able to penetrate as much as RW was able to in our offensive sets.

    I think the two biggest keys to the 2012-13 season, will be Percy and Booker. If those guys can play physical D and rebound, this is going to be a VERY GOOD team.
    I agree with all of this. This year our perimeter players and starting lineup in general will be much more athletic than it was last year. I think that Percy especially will surprise people with how much better of a defender he will be this year as opposed to last year.

    Clyburn and Lucious should more than make up for the loss of Royce, Allen and Scotty. I'm looking forward to a true breakout year for Hoiberg and the Cyclones



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 44,993, Level: 65
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,071
    Points
    44,993
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 12

    Re: How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    [QUOTE=nallen34;3015962]Losing Royce, Scott, and Allen we lose 38 pts, 15 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block per game.
    _____________________________


    replace with players like:

    Wade Lookingbill
    Cully Payne
    Jon Lickliter



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 63,809, Level: 78
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,041
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    1,935
    Points
    63,809
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 8

    Re: How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    Quote Originally Posted by MJ271 View Post

    Clyburn and Lucious should more than make up for the loss of Royce, Allen and Scotty. I'm looking forward to a true breakout year for Hoiberg and the Cyclones
    I don't think Clyburn and Lucious will be able to replace our top 3 players from last year. I think collectively we will replace all of them. Clyburn will make up for a lot of the lost points and rebounds. Lucious will make up for a lot of the lost assists. Then collectively we will replace the rest of the points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 20,227, Level: 43
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Atkins
    Posts
    626
    Points
    20,227
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 5

    Re: How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    Quote Originally Posted by nallen34 View Post
    I don't think Clyburn and Lucious will be able to replace our top 3 players from last year. I think collectively we will replace all of them. Clyburn will make up for a lot of the lost points and rebounds. Lucious will make up for a lot of the lost assists. Then collectively we will replace the rest of the points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.
    I think if you forget stats for a moment, I think we will, because none of the three leaving were very good defenders, and that doesn't come up as a single stat. Also, I think that the guys coming in are more athletic, which doesn't go down on paper



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 63,809, Level: 78
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,041
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    1,935
    Points
    63,809
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 8

    Re: How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    Quote Originally Posted by MJ271 View Post
    I think if you forget stats for a moment, I think we will, because none of the three leaving were very good defenders, and that doesn't come up as a single stat. Also, I think that the guys coming in are more athletic, which doesn't go down on paper
    All i was saying is that 2 players aren't going to replace 3. I agree that Lucious and Clyburn will be better defensively than Scott and Allen. But collectively we are going to have to replace Royce's post presence on defense and offense. And yeah I think you are right that Lucious and Clyburn are more athletic than Scott and Allen.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 37,277, Level: 59
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,587
    Points
    37,277
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 6

    Re: How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    Ejim will average double digits in pts this year. Book it.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 285,128, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredOverdriveCreated Album pictures
    IHavNoCyCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,033
    Points
    285,128
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 271

    Re: How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    [QUOTE=Jambalaya;3015999]
    Quote Originally Posted by nallen34 View Post
    Losing Royce, Scott, and Allen we lose 38 pts, 15 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block per game.
    _____________________________


    replace with players like:

    Wade Lookingbill
    Cully Payne
    Jon Lickliter


    CyCash's Post of the Week

    Quote Originally Posted by cmjh10 View Post
    But I dont understand women. I think that explains why Im so bad at basketball.

    Denver Broncos fan: 13-3 Super Bowl Losers :(
    Arsenal Fan: 4th place, FA Cup Champions!
    Iowa St: 28-8 Big 12 Tourney Champs!!!! Sweet 16

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 37,833, Level: 59
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    whirlybirds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, IA
    Posts
    2,096
    Points
    37,833
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 3

    Re: How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    If you look at the stats one might think we have to find players to pick up those stats, but with those 3 on the floor we had a very weak defensive presence. With what we have to replace those players with now, we gaining a lot of defensive pressure and will not need to score as many points. I still think Babb will be able to pick up where Scotty left off and Lucious will be a serious threat since he's capable of driving the ball more effectively than Scotty.


    There are not many crowds or places in the country that have a better impact on the game than at Iowa State. The Cyclone fans are truly a sixth man. The place is so loud and always a fantastic crowd." - Former Kansas and current North Carolina head coach Roy Williams

  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 37,833, Level: 59
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    whirlybirds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, IA
    Posts
    2,096
    Points
    37,833
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 3

    Re: How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    Quote Originally Posted by nallen34 View Post
    All i was saying is that 2 players aren't going to replace 3. I agree that Lucious and Clyburn will be better defensively than Scott and Allen. But collectively we are going to have to replace Royce's post presence on defense and offense. And yeah I think you are right that Lucious and Clyburn are more athletic than Scott and Allen.
    There's no question that we're going to miss White, but his post play was so important because we couldn't drive the ball. That will change this year since we're playing with a true PG.


    There are not many crowds or places in the country that have a better impact on the game than at Iowa State. The Cyclone fans are truly a sixth man. The place is so loud and always a fantastic crowd." - Former Kansas and current North Carolina head coach Roy Williams

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 172,016, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,396
    Points
    172,016
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 0

    Re: How we will replace Royce, Scott, and Allen

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone9 View Post
    Ejim will average double digits in pts this year. Book it.
    Yeah... I think Ejim takes a big jump forward this year.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM