Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Rebekah Dahlman

What do you guys think are chances are of landing her? I think we have pretty good shot!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19

re: Rebekah Dahlman

She'll be visiting us sometime in September according to this: Braham's Rebekah Dahlman to visit Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Florida - TwinCities.com

We're one of three schools she has already decided will get an official visit, so that's a good sign.

All-Star
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

We play her style of ball. She is good at slashing to the basket and scoring but she can also step back and drain the three. Dahlman plays a great man to man defense and reminds me a lot of Megan Taylor. A very very hard nosed player who will really shine in BF's style of play. Her signing could make us a top 10 ranked recruiting class.

Walk On
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I would like her to be on our team, but I would say chances are slim to none that she wont commit to us.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 909

Quote Originally Posted by swiacyfan View Post
    I would like her to be on our team, but I would say chances are slim to none that she wont commit to us.
    I don't think you said what you meant to say.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldnít get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Walk On
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

id like to see her commit with us but dont think it will happen... just my opinion

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 752
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

we competing now with the big dogs for her. It is a shame, but it seems what happens, is our staff get on good recruits early, work the butts off the land them, then Stanford, UCLA, Duke, etc. waltz in after we have worked years in building relationships ala Greenfield, and get them. However, there are some recruits that stay loyal from the start and say, they were the first to offer me(which I see a lot of) ala Samantha Logic.

But, it is hard to argue with the opportunity to get a Stanford education.

The problem with the upper Midwest gals is there are many good schools in WBB, MN, Marq., Iowa, KSU, KU, NU....that we compete with them for fewer recruits. I think TX and Kansas City is where we should put focus. The numbers are just more in our favor.

Recruit
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    we competing now with the big dogs for her. It is a shame, but it seems what happens, is our staff get on good recruits early, work the butts off the land them, then Stanford, UCLA, Duke, etc. waltz in after we have worked years in building relationships ala Greenfield, and get them. However, there are some recruits that stay loyal from the start and say, they were the first to offer me(which I see a lot of) ala Samantha Logic.

But, it is hard to argue with the opportunity to get a Stanford education.

The problem with the upper Midwest gals is there are many good schools in WBB, MN, Marq., Iowa, KSU, KU, NU....that we compete with them for fewer recruits. I think TX and Kansas City is where we should put focus. The numbers are just more in our favor.
    Agreed.. One of the biggest things for my kid was the loyalty of coach Steyer, and BF, thats what made her a cyclone!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

Quote Originally Posted by rbingley View Post
    Agreed.. One of the biggest things for my kid was the loyalty of coach Steyer, and BF, thats what made her a cyclone!!
    I think I was behind Em. and her roommate in line at the HyVee store this week. A very nice young lady and even stopped to talk to a young fan who recognized her. You did a good job, Dad.

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

Quote Originally Posted by 907CY View Post
    We play her style of ball. She is good at slashing to the basket and scoring but she can also step back and drain the three. Dahlman plays a great man to man defense and reminds me a lot of Megan Taylor. A very very hard nosed player who will really shine in BF's style of play. Her signing could make us a top 10 ranked recruiting class.
    All it will take is a great recruit such as Dahlman to join a few others (already committed and hopefully still to commit) and make an impact. The team is poised to contend again for Big 12 championships, and this time around, once a team does that, it's ready to go deep, deep into the NCAA. It all then builds from that, more good recruits, better competition, etc. ISU volleyball is showing that ISU can compete with the traditional big names in recruiting top classes. It takes just a couple to make the foundation for a class, and then hopefully others buy in.

Recruit
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by 907CY View Post
    I think I was behind Em. and her roommate in line at the HyVee store this week. A very nice young lady and even stopped to talk to a young fan who recognized her. You did a good job, Dad.
    Thanks so much:

Sorry just saw this. She knows the importance of giving back. Those fans are what made her know that Iowa State was where she wanted to be. She's a very humble kid, and should be!!! We've always taught that it's important to be nice to people period. Glad I'm getting a good report!

Last edited by rbingley; 09-07-2012 at 09:25 AM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by rbingley View Post
    Thanks so much: Sorry just saw this. She knows the importance of giving back. Those fans are what made her know that Iowa State was where she wanted to be. She's a very humble kid, and should be!!! We've always taught that it's important to be nice to people period. Glad I'm getting a good report!
    Glad to hear she was raised well and won't have to worry about hearing anything bad in the papers about her. I'm sure we are all proud to have her in the Cyclone nation!

All-Star
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 24

Mora MN radio reported too that we are on Dahlman's short list back in late August: Minnesota Hoops: Rebekah Dahlman's College List

Dahlman will likely not stay in MN. The U of MN is loaded with future guards due to incoherent recruiting. Her listing U of M appears obligatory to soothe locals. Coincidentally, I am somewhat familiar with Braham MN as it was in my sales territory and more than tangentially with Roseau MN. Braham is rural but take a quick trip down I-35 and you will experience the metro of the Twin Cities. Roseau is truly isolated known as a stop for anglers headed to the big lakes in Winnipeg, lumbering, home of Polaris Snow mobiles and HS Hockey champs.

Years and miles seperate Megan Taylor's MN from Rebeka's basketball family that is the Dahlmans. Yet, she is familiar with Megan HS record in MN and her place of admiration in Iowa State's Women's basketball. Iowa State has a well-supported, national tradition with a internationally known and respected head coach. But Dahlman, like many touted, will likely follow other big time recruits and come to see they must head to the most elite programs to fulfill destiny.

I may hold my breath. I see things that may attract her to the Cyclones and in selecting ISU she would make for one of the best recruiting classes ever. But hoping on the decision of a great basketball recruit is just that, wishing. We are due for though.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19

Cody Westerlund ‏@CodyWesterlund Braham (Minn.) senior G Rebekah Dahlman, who is making official visit to Iowa State this weekend, deemed herself "super excited" for trip

Cody Westerlund ‏@CodyWesterlund
    Dahlman on ISU: ďAmes, Iowa Ė thatís all basketball right there. Thatís the one thing I really love, the fan support, thatís huge."

Cody Westerlund ‏@CodyWesterlund
    Dahlman has already visited Vanderbilt and Minnesota. She also has trips left to Tennessee and Florida. More coming tomorrow on her

Pro
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 35

Tennessee...... Will be hard to compete with a storied program, but without Pat Summitt, it's going to give us a chance.