Notebook: Decisions yet to be made as fall camp ends
    Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,253
    Given: 322

Speechless
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 608

Re: Notebook: Decisions yet to be made as fall camp ends

Beating a dead horse, I believe JB makes quicker decisions and can utilize all his receivers better even if SJ is more athletic and maybe can throw deep better.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 0

Here's what has me concerned....

In a two person QB battle, there are really only 4 outcomes. One being that Player #1 plays better than Player #2, and so he's clearly the starter and is named as such early on in summer practice. One is that Player #2 plays better than Player #1, and he's named the starter.

Right now, we have neither of these scenarios playing out yet. So that leaves only two other scenarios. One being.... both guys have really stepped it up equally and therefore nobody is still above the other.... OR.... neither guy has really stepped it up much to separate themselves whatsover from the other.

IMO... the most likely scenario in this situation is the last one. Neither guy has really improved enough from last season to grab the starting spot away from the other. I hope that they have both improved equally from last season, but that is highly doubtful IMO.

That is why, IMO, whoever gets the starting nod, they will be on a very short leash... and if neither guy can put points on the board while also not turning it over.... then Sam Richardson may very well see playing time this year. I wouldn't rule that out at all if SJ or JB won't grab this thing by the horns.

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 887

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Beating a dead horse, I believe JB makes quicker decisions and can utilize all his receivers better even if SJ is more athletic and maybe can throw deep better.
    "Maybe"? Are you counting "deep ball" as anything more than twenty yards from the line of scrimmage? Sticking with your preconceptions, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post

In a two person QB battle, there are really only 4 outcomes. One being that Player #1 plays better than Player #2, and so he's clearly the starter and is named as such early on in summer practice. One is that Player #2 plays better than Player #1, and he's named the starter.

Right now, we have neither of these scenarios playing out yet. So that leaves only two other scenarios. One being.... both guys have really stepped it up equally and therefore nobody is still above the other.... OR.... neither guy has really stepped it up much to separate themselves whatsover from the other.

IMO... the most likely scenario in this situation is the last one. Neither guy has really improved enough from last season to grab the starting spot away from the other. I hope that they have both improved equally from last season, but that is highly doubtful IMO.

That is why, IMO, whoever gets the starting nod, they will be on a very short leash... and if neither guy can put points on the board while also not turning it over.... then Sam Richardson may very well see playing time this year. I wouldn't rule that out at all if SJ or JB won't grab this thing by the horns.
    Ditto. Do you have any actual evidence for your belief?

Personally, I think that it's the one previous to your choice...but I have no more basis for my choice than you do.

Part of this fanbase is like the parable of the blind men and the elephant.

Who knew?

Starter
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 7

As Aclone said, you have no evidence to support your theory, but as he didn't say, there is evidence to support the former of the last two theories. Granted, while we don't know about overall decision making, we do know a little more about overall accuracy. Messingham was quoted saying that the quarterbacks are in the mid-60's for completion percentage, which alludes to the fact that it might be the better of the two situations.

Pro
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,474
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 3

Right now, we have neither of these scenarios playing out yet. So that leaves only two other scenarios. One being.... both guys have really stepped it up equally and therefore nobody is
    still above the other.... OR.... neither guy has really stepped it up much to separate themselves whatsover from the other.

You undermined your own logic of a two QB outcome by declaring in the end that there is a third QB in SR.