Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 291,731, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,933
    Points
    291,731
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 853
    Given: 1,456

    Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    I'm not sure if this is ok because I've seen very little commenting on these videos. I know the videos are paid content, but I think it's probably okay to talk about who has impressed. Delete if not. I'm no expert, but these are my thoughts.

    The somewhat unexpected guys that have stood out to me are Collin Bevins, Ben Dinkins, Bundrage, Daley, and George. Dinkins is really quick compared the other DTs. He can do some damage if he doesn't have to play too many snaps against much larger OL.

    Sam Richardson, the CB, is neither big nor fast, but he can cover a guy for a couple of seconds, and that's valuable in the Big 12.

    And of course, the coaching staff. I love watching them get into the minutiae of teaching technique, especially Rhoads and the DBs. I doubt Rhoads will ever keep a DB coach for very long because he is so hands-on with them and that will get old to any alpha male position coaching type, but it impresses me to watch him teach. Listen to Rhoads coach Sam Richardson (DB) in the last play of the DB vs. WR video yesterday. It was beautiful.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    Jantz has looked really quick. WR's have made some good catches.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 291,731, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,933
    Points
    291,731
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 853
    Given: 1,456

    Re: Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    Jantz has looked really quick. WR's have made some good catches.

    ^^^^^
    Was hoping for maybe a step above this.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 93,586, Level: 95
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,954
    Points
    93,586
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    2 receivers have stuck out in the videos from my point of view. Really like Bundrage. Also I've been pleasantly Suprised by Jerome Tiller. He may not be the quickest but he has some size and has made some good catches around the red zone.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 159,480, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,990
    Points
    159,480
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 667
    Given: 334

    Re: Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I'm not sure if this is ok because I've seen very little commenting on these videos. I know the videos are paid content, but I think it's probably okay to talk about who has impressed. Delete if not. I'm no expert, but these are my thoughts.

    The somewhat unexpected guys that have stood out to me are Collin Bevins, Ben Dinkins, Bundrage, Daley, and George. Dinkins is really quick compared the other DTs. He can do some damage if he doesn't have to play too many snaps against much larger OL.

    Sam Richardson, the CB, is neither big nor fast, but he can cover a guy for a couple of seconds, and that's valuable in the Big 12.

    And of course, the coaching staff. I love watching them get into the minutiae of teaching technique, especially Rhoads and the DBs. I doubt Rhoads will ever keep a DB coach for very long because he is so hands-on with them and that will get old to any alpha male position coaching type, but it impresses me to watch him teach. Listen to Rhoads coach Sam Richardson (DB) in the last play of the DB vs. WR video yesterday. It was beautiful.
    Haven't seen the video but I'm guessing you mean Ben Durbin, not Dinkins who is a WR. Just FYI. I'm encouraged about how our secondary will be in the future and this year as well.

    If 1-4 is already locked up at CB, does that mean we redshirt Cliff Stokes? It could be a good idea depending on how much we rotate corners.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 291,731, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,933
    Points
    291,731
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 853
    Given: 1,456

    Re: Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    Haven't seen the video but I'm guessing you mean Ben Durbin, not Dinkins who is a WR. Just FYI. I'm encouraged about how our secondary will be in the future and this year as well.

    If 1-4 is already locked up at CB, does that mean we redshirt Cliff Stokes? It could be a good idea depending on how much we rotate corners.
    Thanks, I meant Durbin.

    I don't think they redshirt Stokes, but I'm not expert. If he isn't injured and can't beat out Lynn and Richardson this year, we should probably let him play his 2 years out as soon as possible.

    In 2014 would you rather have RS Sr. backing up corner or another scholly in the class? I guess that's the question.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 93,586, Level: 95
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,954
    Points
    93,586
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    He may have meant Dinkins. He's made some plays in the videos


    WE ARE​DOG PEOPLE

  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 291,731, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,933
    Points
    291,731
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 853
    Given: 1,456

    Re: Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    Quote Originally Posted by zwclones51 View Post
    He may have meant Dinkins. He's made some plays in the videos
    Naw, I just failed. It was definitely Durbin. I put more weight into the performances of the guy that haven't had as much practice time as Dinkins. My bad.



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 20,150, Level: 43
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    bfross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    868
    Points
    20,150
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

    Re: Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    I have been impressed with Chris Young, he's very consistent this fall camp. I expect him to be in on a lot of plays in his last year.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 271,353, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,515
    Points
    271,353
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 36

    Re: Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    Bundrage looks potentially really good to me



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 29,176, Level: 52
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,085
    Points
    29,176
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 43

    Re: Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    I liked everything I have seen of Shontrell, would have been huge last year, to me he is a difference maker in the offense.



  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 11,330, Level: 32
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Splendid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    566
    Points
    11,330
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 31

    Re: Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    There is a funnel drill one on one o lineman vs d lineman and the running back has maybe 5 yards between the wall of players. The whole team creates the funnel offense one side defense the other. Lichtenberg pancakes his guy and is immediately gang piled by the offense in celebration. The first one there to gang pile, his o line coach Bill Bliel. It's real Roman Gladiator stuff!


    :) Want the stadium full? Bring a friend!

  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 105,527, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    4,460
    Points
    105,527
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 1

    Re: Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    Lichtenberg!!!

    Tiller has also impressed...GREAT hands and goes after the ball. I assume he's pretty savvy at reading a defense and knowing where the gaps are as well...so he may be a nice weapon.

    Brun also just LOOKS athletic...and seems to have some very good hands as well.

    Lenz looks great as well...he's a known quantity of course...but he just looks very quick and aggressive in drills. I think he takes another step forward as well.

    Farniok...looks bigger and meaner.

    Williams...when interviewing...this guy really goes for the throat...gonna have a solid year I think.


    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
    Marcus Aurelius

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 405,177, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    60,386
    Points
    405,177
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 777
    Given: 498

    Re: Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    George and Tiller.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 33,036, Level: 55
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,930
    Points
    33,036
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 0

    Re: Who was impressed you on the practice videos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mesaclone1 View Post
    Lichtenberg!!!

    Tiller has also impressed...GREAT hands and goes after the ball. I assume he's pretty savvy at reading a defense and knowing where the gaps are as well...so he may be a nice weapon.

    Brun also just LOOKS athletic...and seems to have some very good hands as well.

    Lenz looks great as well...he's a known quantity of course...but he just looks very quick and aggressive in drills. I think he takes another step forward as well.

    Farniok...looks bigger and meaner.

    Williams...when interviewing...this guy really goes for the throat...gonna have a solid year I think.
    What position does Williams play?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. Texas Tech
  • November 22, 2014
  • 02:30 PM