Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Cade Jones Article

He moved on to tackle football in fifth grade.
    “I got sick and tired of playing with the flags and stuff,” he said.
    Weight limits in subsequent leagues put him on the line, and he was a tight end as a freshman. But that all changed.
    Jones has started as a running back since he was a sophomore. Last year, he ran for 1,769 yards (8.2 per carry), the fourth-best total in Class 1A.
    “He’s definitely increased his strength,” Pedersen said of Jones’ progression. “His balance has always been real good, but I think he’s got even better balance now. He sees the field so much better than he did before. His blocking is definitely better than it has been. He’s a well-rounded back right now.”
    The solidly built, 195-pound Jones is elusive but that isn’t his forte.
    “I like to power it; I like to run with a lot of power and fire and determination,” he said. “I’m not big on cuts and jukes. I just like powering through people because I think it kind of breaks them mentally. Once you power over somebody, I think you get into their head.”
    He prepared for this season with weight training, track in the spring and attending seven football camps during the summer. He worked hard to drop 10 pounds to regain some speed he thought he had lost.
    He will play defense this season, too, either on the line or at linebacker. He’s looking forward to the challenge. His likely spot in college football is on offense, and he’s had some recruiting interest from Division I teams such as Iowa State, Drake, Northern Iowa and Northern Illinois.
    Jones has a deep, measured voice and comes across as more of CEO on the field. He is quiet and sometimes overanalyzes his game to the point of frustration.
    “I just want him to be the kind of leader that I know he can be and lead this team to the best possible record they can have,” Pedersen said. “Continue to have a good belief in himself. Sometimes he gets a little frustrated, and I want him to be able to develop that calmness and that focus that sometimes he needs to work on. I think wrestling helped him a lot last winter. He’s developed a lot of good self-confidence.”
    http://www.press-citizen.com/article...xt|Frontpage|p

Last edited by cigaretteman; 08-17-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Walk On
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Cade Jones Article

Nice pic of him wearing an ISU shirt. Sign him up!

...And the home of the CHIEFS!!!