Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 8

Big 12 Recruiting

I know it's early, but it looks like kansas and k-state seem to be lacking a little bit in the recruiting this year. Has Snyder run out of gas? Seems like he is usually pretty full of Juco's or has a decent class.

Also, I know we don't have a ton of stars, but I trust the coaches and what they are doing. However, it seems like we have a lot of verbals compared to previous years at this time.

Finally, it appears the two newcomers, TCU and WVU, are doing pretty well. With the week after week punishment of the Big 12 and a couple of bad seasons hopefully that will wear off a little.

Somebody tell that baby in ad to stop staring at me. I've already lost the staring contest, geez the kid is determined!

Last edited by 19210; 08-17-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 146

Re: Big 12 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by 19210 View Post
    I know it's early, but it looks like kansas and k-state seem to be lacking a little bit in the recruiting this year. Has Snyder ran out of gas? Seems like he is usually pretty full of Juco's or has a decent class.

Also, I know we don't have a ton of stars, but I trust the coaches and what they are doing. However, it seems like we have a lot of verbals compared to previous years at this time.
    I agree, our coaching staff isn't just handing out schollies and I'm content with the kids CPR and Co have brought in, but if anyone in college football has proven he knows what he's doing, its Bill Snyder. Besides he's too old to run on gas, he's powered by coal or steam power.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

I know it's early, but it looks like kansas and k-state seem to be lacking a little bit in the recruiting this year. Has Snyder run out of gas? Seems like he is usually pretty full of Juco's or has a decent class.

Finally, it appears the two newcomers, TCU and WVU, are doing pretty well. With the week after week punishment of the Big 12 and a couple of bad seasons hopefully that will wear off a little.

Somebody tell that baby in ad to stop staring at me. I've already lost the staring contest, geez the kid is determined!
    It could reasonably be argued that Synder and Weis may not have a lot of stars, but the fans of KU and KSU trust what the coaches are doing.

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,100
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by AdRock4Cy View Post
    It could reasonably be argued that Synder and Weis may not have a lot of stars, but the fans of KU and KSU trust what the coaches are doing.
    Did you just imply Charlie Weis knows what he's doing?

Addict
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 632
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 246

Not sure about WVU or where there pipelines are but I would bet TCU's recruiting only gets better with the move to a real conference. I wouldn't mind seeing TCU make recruiting a lot harder for Baylor and Tech.

"But let’s see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

"I am the one who knocks" -Walter White

Starter
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 4

ISU shares a lot of the same natural disadvantages as KU and KSU. small state population with limited D1 football talent, mediocre recent history, located in towns that aren't huge urban areas. Even though KSU had a great year in 2011 - their last 6 or 7 years have been pretty awful - they missed a bowl game for 5 or 6 straight of those. Kansas has been a disaster since chubs left. At least with ISU, we have been slowly turning this thing around now for 3 seasons with the OK State game giving us huge pub. Facilities upgrades are helping too - cannot underestimate how important these are in a state like Iowa or Kansas.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman38 View Post
    Not sure about WVU or where there pipelines are but I would bet TCU's recruiting only gets better with the move to a real conference. I wouldn't mind seeing TCU make recruiting a lot harder for Baylor and Tech.
    Hadn't thought of that & really good point. Rather than compete against Tech, Houston, & SMU, TCU will likely be butting head's more with Baylor & even Texas.

As to Snyder, I think he was born right when the fossil fuels were just starting to ripen. Coal & steam are way too advanced. His engine is more like Fred Flintstone's.

“I heard that Snooki, Pauly D and The Situation will each make $5 million for this season’s ‘Jersey Shore.’ It just goes to show that if you put your mind to something and work hard, you’re wasting your time.” -- Jimmy Fallon

Prospect
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Baylor is doing great on the recruiting trail. Briles is the man.

Baylor recruiting: Grey Wolf hungry for wins | Wacotrib.com

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 720
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by BaylorAthletics View Post
    Baylor is doing great on the recruiting trail. Briles is the man.

Baylor recruiting: Grey Wolf hungry for wins | Wacotrib.com
    Well see how many keep trickling in after this year. I don't think you can win half as many conference games without Griffin. I can't wait to see you on the field versus ISU.

Prospect
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

You really think you will beat us this year? I don't. Nick Florence is damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    Well see how many keep trickling in after this year. I don't think you can win half as many conference games without Griffin. I can't wait to see you on the field versus ISU.