Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 975
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

KXNO's Miller & Brinson ratings low again?

Lots of smack about ISU's PBR going somewhere else (e.g. Auburn, Arkansas etc.) . . because he has topped out at ISU. Eeyore Miller just can't hide his contempt for good ole ISU. Of course Brinson, agrees with everything Miller says.

I can't wait for Miller to finally move out to Vegas . . . at least Giggles left town when ratings plummeted.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 59

Re: KXNO's Miller & Brinson ratings low again?

You are completely, 100%, way off on the facts of that conversation.

All-Star
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

The format is as old and tired as Brinson and his carpetbagger intonation. Say controversial stuff and argue with callers. Lowest form of talk radio there is.

Starter
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Sounded to me more like they were killing time because they have nothing else to talk about it. And it was clarified that it was second hand information from a media member saying "we're gonna come after your coach". Get used to it unless you want ISU to suck. Teams are going to come after him as long as he has moderate success here.

I don't know why everyone gets there panties in a bunch over this. Think about it. Rhoads has kids in school, and a lot of other family and friends around him.

You think he wants to go make twice as much trying to compete with Bama, LSU, and others then get canned after three years?

I'd put my money on the former rather than the latter, but it's just my opinion.

Edit: For the record, I can't stand Brinson. But Miller is solid in my book.

Legend
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 59

Quote Originally Posted by AllBig12Drinker View Post
    Sounded to me more like they were killing time because they have nothing else to talk about it. And it was clarified that it was second hand information from a media member saying "we're gonna come after your coach". Get used to it unless you want ISU to suck. Teams are going to come after him as long as he has moderate success here.

I don't know why everyone gets there panties in a bunch over this. Think about it. Rhoads has kids in school, and a lot of other family and friends around him.

You think he wants to go make twice as much trying to compete with Bama, LSU, and others then get canned after three years?

I'd put my money on the former rather than the latter, but it's just my opinion.

Exactly...they simply brought up something that was mentioned to them at Big 12 Media Days about Arkansas making a move for CPR, and they only reason it got brought up was because their last guest was talking alot about Arkansas.

They both said they doubted it would happen, and talked about the interest he drew last season.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    Exactly...they simply brought up something that was mentioned to them at Big 12 Media Days about Arkansas making a move for CPR, and they only reason it got brought up was because their last guest was talking alot about Arkansas.

They both said they doubted it would happen, and talked about the interest he drew last season. . . . stating that PBR had topped out at ISU.
    Why leave this out Chuckie???

Prospect
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up

Miller, by nature, is a huge pessimist. I truly believe he wants ISU to succeed, and once upon a time I think he actually preferred ISU over Iowa although he tries to appear neutral. It is just his nature to predict the worst possible scenario. In some twisted way I actually find him amusing because of it.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by AllBig12Drinker View Post

Nice quote there . . keep guzzling that Hawkeye juice.

Legend
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 8

So they were filling time in August by talking about rumors that CPR could be a top candidate for Arky next year? Big freaking deal CPR's name will keep coming up, deal with it and move on. CPR has said himself he will probably not retire at ISU. Get a grip OP.

Starter
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 889
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

Quote Originally Posted by InMyOpinion View Post
    Miller, by nature, is a huge pessimist. I truly believe he wants ISU to succeed, and once upon a time I think he actually preferred ISU over Iowa although he tries to appear neutral. It is just his nature to predict the worst possible scenario. In some twisted way I actually find him amusing because of it.
    He is a gambling expert and carries little or no bias. I somewhat enjoy that, but the one thing he said today that I totally don't agree with is that somehow it would be too soon for Arkansas to come after CPR. As in he hasn't quite proven himself as far as "Arkansas standards" go. Wtf? Really? Pretty sure Auburn has a better historical program and they hired a guy who won 5 games in 2 years.

IMO most programs, except for maybe the elite in college football, would hire Paul or at least consider him a finalist for the job.

All-Star
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Madclone1 View Post
    Lots of smack about ISU's PBR going somewhere else (e.g. Auburn, Arkansas etc.) . . because he has topped out at ISU. Eeyore Miller just can't hide his contempt for good ole ISU. Of course Brinson, agrees with everything Miller says.

I can't wait for Miller to finally move out to Vegas . . . at least Giggles left town when ratings plummeted.
    I didn't realize people still listened to KXNO.

Starter
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Madclone1 View Post
    Nice quote there . . keep guzzling that Hawkeye juice.
    I have no idea what you're talking about but if you call the Pinstripe Bowl, Insight Bowl, and 6-7 win seasons anything above moderate success, you need your head checked.

And I'm fine with being competitive. When I fork over my money for donation and season tickets, I just want to watch a competitive team that has a chance to win. Then let the chips fall where they may. Yeah I want ISU to win the Big 12, but I have realistic expectations and don't see it happening consistently.

Starter
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Brinson was trying to make it local or at least more local of a story by bringing the CPR into the fold, but also doing exactly what he wanted getting a rise of ISU fans.

For the most part I really enjoy the show, maybe im in the minority. I also really like Murph and Andy.

Eternal Optimist

Legend
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23

Quote Originally Posted by clone136 View Post
    Brinson was trying to make it local or at least more local of a story by bringing the CPR into the fold, but also doing exactly what he wanted getting a rise of ISU fans.

For the most part I really enjoy the show, maybe im in the minority. I also really like Murph and Andy.
    I like both shows. Murph and Andy are absolutely great and I like it when Hassel comes in as well.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by LegendofRodA View Post
    He is a gambling expert and carries little or no bias. I somewhat enjoy that, but the one thing he said today that I totally don't agree with is that somehow it would be too soon for Arkansas to come after CPR. As in he hasn't quite proven himself as far as "Arkansas standards" go. Wtf? Really? Pretty sure Auburn has a better historical program and they hired a guy who won 5 games in 2 years.

IMO most programs, except for maybe the elite in college football, would hire Paul or at least consider him a finalist for the job.

I guess what really chaps me about media in this state . . is the UNCHALLENGED assumption that ISU will NEVER retain a good football coach because . . "It is too hard to win at ISU." Miller is of that opinion.

For sure . . . all hawkster loyalists out there (media and otherwise) . . are hoping PBR exits as soon as possible. After all . .this is the hog-eye state.