Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 144,766, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Stillwater, MN
    Posts
    6,112
    Points
    144,766
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 34

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 142,881, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,401
    Points
    142,881
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,168
    Given: 997
    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 129,272, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,469
    Points
    129,272
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 856
    Given: 1,713

    Re: MBB schedule released

    I like the look of this, overall.

    Plenty of cake early, some decent non-league tests, get a big challenge immediately by opening Big 12 @KU. Home games vs. UT & WVa immediately follow, too, so we'll know a little bit about ISU's league potential right away.

    Second half of B12 looks slightly more steep than first half, but offers plenty of chances to improve resume late in the season.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 47,482, Level: 67
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PabloDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,816
    Points
    47,482
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 205

    Re: MBB schedule released

    Oh ****!! Not Campbell!!!



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 42,652, Level: 63
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cincyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,963
    Points
    42,652
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 599

    Re: MBB schedule released

    Looks better than last year. A couple of opportunities in the Non Conference to pick up some good wins. I would still like to see our strength of schedule go up in the coming years.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 311,282, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    17,869
    Points
    311,282
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,804
    Given: 7,485

    Re: MBB schedule released

    I like that there are 5 conference Saturday home games vs. 4 conference weekday home games. That should marginally help attendance and the AD's bottom line.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  7. #7
    Recruit
    Points: 6,150, Level: 23
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    SBMcDunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    122
    Points
    6,150
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: MBB schedule released

    I really like the way the Big 12 is set up now to have every team home and away



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 60,874, Level: 76
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,601
    Points
    60,874
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 35

    Re: MBB schedule released

    I'm not sure this is any better than last season's nothingburger of a non-conference schedule. As some will recall, our best non-conference win a year ago was a home win against the second place team in the Patriot league. I don't think the selection committee ignored that, considering that we equaled Baylor's conference resume and ended up 23 lines below them on the S-curve.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 176,990, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    14,203
    Points
    176,990
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,296
    Given: 1,663

    Re: MBB schedule released

    Quote Originally Posted by kucyclone View Post
    I don't think the selection committee ignored that, considering that we equaled Baylor's conference resume and ended up 23 lines below them on the S-curve.
    Doubtful a more difficult non-con would have improved the seed, as it was the losses to Drake and UNI that were hard to ignore. Losing 2 out of 3 to Texas was the final blow.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 913,724, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    61,194
    Points
    913,724
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,661
    Given: 4,723

    Re: MBB schedule released

    Quote Originally Posted by kucyclone View Post
    I'm not sure this is any better than last season's nothingburger of a non-conference schedule. As some will recall, our best non-conference win a year ago was a home win against the second place team in the Patriot league. I don't think the selection committee ignored that, considering that we equaled Baylor's conference resume and ended up 23 lines below them on the S-curve.
    The Vegas tourney makes it a big step up. Cincy and either Oregon/UNLV beats Providence and Rice.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 60,874, Level: 76
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,601
    Points
    60,874
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 35

    Re: MBB schedule released

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    The Vegas tourney makes it a big step up. Cincy and either Oregon/UNLV beats Providence and Rice.
    Not sure about that, because neither neutral Cincy or neutral Oregon beats @Michigan from last year, and you're also forgetting that we don't play the @UNI game, which would have been a nice boost. If we do play UNLV (basically an away game), that'll be great for SOS, but we'll have to beat Cincy first, and we'll be a 4-6 point underdog.

    Regardless, an equally big issue is not the marquee (if you can call them that) non-conference games, but the games against the complete nobodies that drag down the SOS from the back end. Because playing, for example, St. Mary's and Harvard would give you a better SOS than playing Kentucky and Towson. And there's a lot of Towson here.


    Last edited by kucyclone; 08-09-2012 at 03:03 PM.

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 67,402, Level: 80
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    2,146
    Points
    67,402
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 34

    Re: MBB schedule released

    Pretty weak home non conference schedule. Not much to get excited about other than the BYU game.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 913,724, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    61,194
    Points
    913,724
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,661
    Given: 4,723

    Re: MBB schedule released

    Quote Originally Posted by kucyclone View Post
    Not sure about that, because neither neutral Cincy or neutral Oregon beats @Michigan from last year, and you're also forgetting that we don't play the @UNI game, which would have been a nice boost. If we do play UNLV (basically an away game), that'll be great for SOS, but we'll have to beat Cincy first, and we'll be a 4-6 point underdog.

    Regardless, an equally big issue is not the marquee (if you can call them that) non-conference games, but the games against the complete nobodies that drag down the SOS from the back end. Because playing, for example, St. Mary's and Harvard would give you a better SOS than playing Kentucky and Towson. And there's a lot of Towson here.
    @ Michigan is replaced by BYU at home. Iowa is improved and on the road.

    Cincy/ either opponent on neutral court beat Providence/Rice on neutral court.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 60,874, Level: 76
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,601
    Points
    60,874
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 35

    Re: MBB schedule released

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    @ Michigan is replaced by BYU at home.
    Replacing a 4 seed on the road with a bubble team at home is even?

    There's no point quibbling about this, though, because my bigger issue is addressed in the second paragraph of my last post, specifically the several games against the absolute worst of the cupcakes, which drag down the SOS from the back and negate the high-level games on the schedule.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 75,645, Level: 85
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 905
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,465
    Points
    75,645
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 828
    Given: 1,245

    Re: MBB schedule released

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    @ Michigan is replaced by BYU at home. Iowa is improved and on the road.

    Cincy/ either opponent on neutral court beat Providence/Rice on neutral court.
    And you have to watch out for Yale. They play smart basketball.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM