Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 11

I'm back off the ledge

Although I am still VERY concerned about the defense. I saw minimal adjustments and the gaps in our zone were exposed big time by Toledo. While I'll admit that Toledo is not a bad team, there aren't many teams left on our schedule with less talent, so we need to improve exponentially.

That being said, we nearly got beat by Army last year and struggled in our opener for more than a half, and we still played for a chance to win the North, so I'm holding on to that.

The things that upset me the most were the metal errors-not falling on the blocked PAT (do that and there are no OT's), Jackson's late hit, and getting a punt blocked. I don't like those things happening in Mac's 12th year.

Recruit
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I just want to comment a little on the defense. Everyone is all over the defense and although they weren't great I was very encouraged by what I saw. People have been referriing to it as the same situation as the Neb game from last year (Big cushions = short passes and first downs) but I saw a D that flew to the ball and made the tackle at the point of the catch. Against Neb last year they allowed short passes to be turned into long gains by not missing tackles or being too slow to get there in time. ISU put Toledo in 3rd or 4th and 6+ yds 8-10 times, it happened that Toledo seemed to get the first down about 7/8 but keep getting teams in those situations and get the young D some experience and the defense will be in real good shape. I think there has been a lot of over reaction early and no one should be jumping off the ledge just yet.

Rookie
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    It's great to have you back 83Clone. We need to remember that WE won the game in OT. You can't judge the season by one game possitve or negative.

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard