Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 37,596, Level: 59
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    BloodyBuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,513
    Points
    37,596
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 19

    First Time to St. Louis

    Gonna be there 2 days in August. First time being there. Cards are out of town. What should I do?

    I was thinking The Arch and Budweiser. Pretty touristy spots, any way to avoid some of the tourists? Should I make reservations for these things? We will be there on a Monday and Tuesday, so hopefully it won't be too crazy.

    Any other must-do's in St. Louis?



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 140,793, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,519
    Points
    140,793
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: First Time to St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyBuddy View Post
    Gonna be there 2 days in August. First time being there. Cards are out of town. What should I do?

    I was thinking The Arch and Budweiser. Pretty touristy spots, any way to avoid some of the tourists? Should I make reservations for these things? We will be there on a Monday and Tuesday, so hopefully it won't be too crazy.

    Any other must-do's in St. Louis?
    Grant's Farm, The Zoo, eat on The Hill, take a walk in Forest Park or golf there in the park (if not too hot), drinks at a bar in Soulard, Museum of Transport, Wasabi on Washington Ave., drink wine at 1111 Mississippi Ave., Charilie Gitto,s, The Drunken Fish in LaClede's Landing.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 37,596, Level: 59
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    BloodyBuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,513
    Points
    37,596
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 19

    Re: First Time to St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by rebecacy View Post
    Grant's Farm, The Zoo, eat on The Hill, take a walk in Forest Park or golf there in the park (if not too hot), drinks at a bar in Soulard, Museum of Transport, Wasabi on Washington Ave., drink wine at 1111 Mississippi Ave., Charilie Gitto,s, The Drunken Fish in LaClede's Landing.
    Might need a week to get all that done.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 298,528, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    IHavNoCyCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,521
    Points
    298,528
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 555

    Re: First Time to St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by rebecacy View Post
    Grant's Farm, The Zoo, eat on The Hill, take a walk in Forest Park or golf there in the park (if not too hot), drinks at a bar in Soulard, Museum of Transport, Wasabi on Washington Ave., drink wine at 1111 Mississippi Ave., Charilie Gitto,s, The Drunken Fish in LaClede's Landing.
    I'd avoid this. $16 parking with barely any animals. Unless you have little ones I'd avoid it and go to Omaha's for a day.

    Angelo's is good eats and so is Joe Buck's. Angelo's is by the arch between Busch Stadium and Arch. Joe Buck's is harder to get to.


    CyCash's Post of the Week

    Quote Originally Posted by theantiAIRBHG View Post
    Thats because most of this site doesn't enjoy having hotdogs shoved up their ********.
    Denver/Arsenal/Iowa State Fan

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 37,596, Level: 59
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    BloodyBuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,513
    Points
    37,596
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 19

    Re: First Time to St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    I'd avoid this. $16 parking with barely any animals. Unless you have little ones I'd avoid it and go to Omaha's for a day.

    Angelo's is good eats and so is Joe Buck's. Angelo's is by the arch between Busch Stadium and Arch. Joe Buck's is harder to get to.
    Not a big fan of Zoo's anyways. Been to Omaha's probably a dozen times in my life, more than enough for me.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 168,266, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    NickTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    4,013
    Points
    168,266
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 218
    Given: 276

    Re: First Time to St. Louis

    The St Louis zoo sucks.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 38,099, Level: 60
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 951
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneNorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    2,117
    Points
    38,099
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 13

    Re: First Time to St. Louis

    Eat at Pappys. Best food I have ever had.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 161,020, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUKyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    9,700
    Points
    161,020
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 257

    Re: First Time to St. Louis

    Even with the Cards out of town it is still worth a trip to Busch Stadium........
    You can pee on it even when they are not in town



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 37,596, Level: 59
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    BloodyBuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,513
    Points
    37,596
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 19

    Re: First Time to St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUKyro View Post
    Even with the Cards out of town it is still worth a trip to Busch Stadium........
    You can pee on it even when they are not in town
    I am down for that. Cubs fan here.

    Can you tour the stadium? I like to see different stadiums.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 147,997, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Southeast
    Posts
    7,707
    Points
    147,997
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 615
    Given: 185

    Re: First Time to St. Louis

    Ted Drewes



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 101,617, Level: 99
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,433
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,061
    Points
    101,617
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

    Re: First Time to St. Louis

    Kids? Go to City Museum. Not really a museum. More like an interactive hands on LSD trip for little kids --- but in a good way.

    Caverns south and west of town are cool. There are a few of them --- don't remember the names.

    The Arch is a must, one time. And yes, you have to go to the top, or you haven't been to The Arch.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 40,983, Level: 62
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    KnappShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    2,099
    Points
    40,983
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 560
    Given: 309

    Re: First Time to St. Louis

    How late do the bars stay open in East St Louis?

    now there's good times



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 314,595, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    14,678
    Points
    314,595
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 211
    Given: 39

    Re: First Time to St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by Senolcyc View Post
    Kids? Go to City Museum. Not really a museum. More like an interactive hands on LSD trip for little kids --- but in a good way.

    Caverns south and west of town are cool. There are a few of them --- don't remember the names.

    The Arch is a must, one time. And yes, you have to go to the top, or you haven't been to The Arch.
    Meremac Caverns just south/west of the city down I44.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 38,099, Level: 60
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 951
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneNorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    2,117
    Points
    38,099
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 13

    Re: First Time to St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by KnappShack View Post
    How late do the bars stay open in East St Louis?

    now there's good times
    Are you trying to get him murdered?



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 40,983, Level: 62
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    KnappShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    2,099
    Points
    40,983
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 560
    Given: 309

    Re: First Time to St. Louis

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneNorth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KnappShack View Post
    How late do the bars stay open in East St Louis? now there's good times
    Are you trying to get him murdered?
    Most truly memorable nights on the town come with at least a dash of danger added for spice.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM