Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 200
    Given: 213

Hey Motorcycle Guy

This is meant in good humor, not dissing you...

How come I always see motorcycle guys do this: At every stop light he will look below, tilt his bike sideways as if he is inspecting something, reach down and touch a few things, poke around, etc.

Shoot, some of y'all do it while you're riding down the street. Tilt the bike sideways, look back and down as if searching for some imperceptible problem.

I'm just curious, why do you do this, Motorcycle Guy? Are you trying to impress Donna, with her 80's blond hair driving the red Firebird behind you, that you are like a master technician and something is wrong with your bike, but you'll show her by fixing it while you drive down the street? Or is it just a habit or do you actually have some mechanical skill and the allure of an uncovered engine under your butt is just too much to pass up and you have to look at it every chance you get?

I think I'm going to take my hood off my car and every red light I'm going to stretch out the window and poke around a bit.

Again, not meant to diss you. I love bikers. Just a humorous (probably only to me) observation.

Damn, I really need football season to get here.

Rookie
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Re: Hey Motorcycle Guy

Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post

How come I always see motorcycle guys do this: At every stop light he will look below, tilt his bike sideways as if he is inspecting something, reach down and touch a few things, poke around, etc.

Shoot, some of y'all do it while you're riding down the street. Tilt the bike sideways, look back and down as if searching for some imperceptible problem.

I'm just curious, why do you do this, Motorcycle Guy? Are you trying to impress Donna, with her 80's blond hair driving the red Firebird behind you, that you are like a master technician and something is wrong with your bike, but you'll show her by fixing it while you drive down the street? Or is it just a habit or do you actually have some mechanical skill and the allure of an uncovered engine under your butt is just too much to pass up and you have to look at it every chance you get?

I think I'm going to take my hood off my car and every red light I'm going to stretch out the window and poke around a bit.

Again, not meant to diss you. I love bikers. Just a humorous (probably only to me) observation.

I've only done this once when I had to flip the Fuel Petcock from on to reserve. It takes one second, and there is no other way around it if you want to know you are getting low on gas (unless you want open your gas tank all the time to see how low you are). And yes, there were at least 2 hot women that showed me their boobs after I was done. They had an instantaneous orgasm.

Maybe I would do it more if I had more technical know-how.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 200
    Given: 213

Quote Originally Posted by legi View Post
    I've only done this once when I had to flip the Fuel Petcock from on to reserve. It takes one second, and there is no other way around it if you want to know you are getting low on gas (unless you want open your gas tank all the time to see how low you are). And yes, there were at least 2 hot women that showed me their boobs after I was done. They had an instantaneous orgasm.

Maybe I would do it more if I had more technical know-how.
    Ah yes, I remember having to do this when I rode dirt bikes as a kid. It is acceptable.

Starter
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 11

Not motorcycle guy, but I do own a motorcycle. Could be the rider is checking to see if the fuel shut-off is "on" or not. On my bike, I have to shut it off each time I stop the bike or gas will sometimes leak through the carburators because the bike is leaning over on the kick stand. You then have to remember to turn it back on when you take off. The bike will run for a little bit with what gas is in the fuel bowls, but then die while going down the road. If you think about it while going down the road, you have a tendancy to check it to make sure it is "on". I can't count the number times over the years that this has happend to me. Also, when the gas tank gets low, you must move the gas lever 180 degrees to go on researve, which is about a 1/2 gal of gas left. If you going down the road and the bike starts sputtering, the first thing you do is move the gas lever to researve.

This could be on explanation. Otherwise I am not sure what you are talking about.

Starter
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Damn, I miss my Harley.

All-Star
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 936
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 9

Why u watchin motorcycle guy when there's a hot blonde behind him? Wifey sittin next to you?

Legend
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 231
    Given: 333

Most of the riders that are beside me are too busy revving the motor to have time to do anything else. When your at a stop light it's important to rev so that everyone knows your around and you have to make sure it doesn't stall. /

Addict
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 38

I think that the whole Harley thing is lame..."look, I have a bike and I dress up in all black leather, I'm part of the cool club." Sorry, you're not cool, you are just another fat white dude who dropped ten grand so you can drive around drinking every weekend. The whole thing is annoying.

Legend
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 284

I agree with the op. They are not really checking anything. Its a cool guy move. Nothing more. To many of them do it.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

1) choke; 2) fuel valve; 3) balls itch

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    I think that the whole Harley thing is lame..."look, I have a bike and I dress up in all black leather, I'm part of the cool club." Sorry, you're not cool, you are just another fat white dude who dropped ten grand so you can drive around drinking every weekend. The whole thing is annoying.
    jealous

All-Star
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 936
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 9

PR might disagree with this.

Pro
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,037
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 229
    Given: 423

I owned a Harley before the everyone else and their brother decided to buy one. I have ridden all over the country so please don't lump us all into a category.

In regards to the OP I really have no idea what he is tallking about but I love the "I'm just having some fun but let me throw out some generalization to insult people but don't take offense because I am just having a little fun"

They say country music speaks to the heart. Unfortunately, it has to go through your ears to get there.

Addict
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 196

Quote Originally Posted by rebecacy View Post
    1) choke; 2) fuel valve; 3) balls itch
    Usually #3 when I ride. It's pretty humid down here in Texas and an adjustment or two is usually needed when I get the chance at at a stop light.

Rookie
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

This thread = stereotypes and motorcycle hate