Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 467
    Given: 361

Midway airport parking?

Hey Fanatics,

I have a flight out of Chicago Midway tonight. I need a place to park my truck but I am not sure of the area. I found this Midway Park Saver place that is $9 a day after coupon. It is really close to the airport however the online reviews are mixed and some people have reported vandalism/theft/flat tires when parking in this lot so I would rather not take the chance unless one of you says otherwise. Is there a pretty good lot that any of you would recommend that is also reasonably priced? I don't mind parking a few blocks away as long a shuttle is provided. Thanks for the help!

ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

Prospect
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Midway airport parking?

I would recommend the Midway long-term parking which is on 55th Street, west of Cicero (northwest of the airport). There is a huge 4 or 5 level parking garage and I think it runs about $12-$14 per day. They've really improved the shuttle bus system in the past few years and have never had to wait more than a couple minutes for a shuttle to/from the terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by CysRage View Post
    Hey Fanatics,

I have a flight out of Chicago Midway tonight. I need a place to park my truck but I am not sure of the area. I found this Midway Park Saver place that is $9 a day after coupon. It is really close to the airport however the online reviews are mixed and some people have reported vandalism/theft/flat tires when parking in this lot so I would rather not take the chance unless one of you says otherwise. Is there a pretty good lot that any of you would recommend that is also reasonably priced? I don't mind parking a few blocks away as long a shuttle is provided. Thanks for the help!

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Lwalker33 View Post
    I would recommend the Midway long-term parking which is on 55th Street, west of Cicero (northwest of the airport). There is a huge 4 or 5 level parking garage and I think it runs about $12-$14 per day. They've really improved the shuttle bus system in the past few years and have never had to wait more than a couple minutes for a shuttle to/from the terminal.
    Thanks for your suggestion! I just decided to park at the Marriott a couple of blocks away. It is only $10 a night and comes out to $23.50 total after tax and has free shuttles to the airport. I feel much more at ease parking at a Marriott than that place I originally said that is in a shady area. Thanks again!

Last edited by CysRage; 07-27-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 63

Also, I would suggest taping phonebooks around your abdomen when walking around the Midway area to prevent any stabbings.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

Rookie
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 0

I think you have a good plan. When we flew out of Midway for the Pinstripe Bowl, we stayed the night before in what I think is the same hotel complex, about a mile south of the airport. There's four or five hotels that share a couple of square blocks, with a big parking area as well. It's partially fenced off, and with all the hotels there, I felt quite safe leaving the vehicle in that lot while we were gone. And he shuttle worked great, no problems.

I think Midway has a big parking ramp right across the street from the terminal, but I'm sure you pay plenty for that.

Addict
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by KidSilverhair View Post
    I think you have a good plan. When we flew out of Midway for the Pinstripe Bowl, we stayed the night before in what I think is the same hotel complex, about a mile south of the airport. There's four or five hotels that share a couple of square blocks, with a big parking area as well. It's partially fenced off, and with all the hotels there, I felt quite safe leaving the vehicle in that lot while we were gone. And he shuttle worked great, no problems.

I think Midway has a big parking ramp right across the street from the terminal, but I'm sure you pay plenty for that.
    Yeah I think it is the complex you are talking about too. Like what GMackey said, if I was walking on the streets around the airport I'd have to worry about my own safety thanks to all of the murders Chicago has had this year. With this new plan I park in a well lit business district with lots of hotels and restaurants surrounding my truck and I get a shuttle from the hotel directly to the terminal.

I'm used to flying out of Des Moines or Kansas City where you don't have to worry at all about the area. I love how parking is only $5/day in the economy lot at DSM! But I am closer to Chicago than I am to Des Moines right now and my flight was significantly cheaper out of Midway.