Univ' that have sanctions against them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,535, Level: 23
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    276
    Points
    6,535
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 5

    Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    I am not sure if this has been discussed before.

    I was wondering in the last 25 years, which University has had the most amount of sanctions against them in regards to NCAA sports. This would also show which conference is the worst when it comes to sanctions. Does any one have any idea about this.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 101,116, Level: 99
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,934
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,900
    Points
    101,116
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 146

    Re: Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone2001 View Post
    I am not sure if this has been discussed before.I was wondering in the last 25 years, which University has had the most amount of sanctions against them in regards to NCAA sports. This would also show which conference is the worst when it comes to sanctions. Does any one have any idea about this.
    Well.. smu comes to mind.
    Ohio State
    USC



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 150,104, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    CLONECONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    7,217
    Points
    150,104
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 12

    Re: Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    This is from 2011 - but has pretty good information on your topic

    Top Ten Most Corrupt College Programs NCAA | Deep Into Sports




    Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

    CLONECONES

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 58,447, Level: 74
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CycoCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    4,656
    Points
    58,447
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 188

    Re: Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFB View Post
    Well.. smu comes to mind.
    Ohio State
    USC
    rep for you


    John Walters is my hero

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 101,116, Level: 99
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,934
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,900
    Points
    101,116
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 146

    Re: Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    Question for old timers..
    what were our sanctions for? I know we have some.



  6. #6
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,535, Level: 23
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    276
    Points
    6,535
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 5

    Re: Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    I wish I could find one in a spreadsheet form. I am really interested in this.



  7. #7
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFB View Post
    Question for old timers..
    what were our sanctions for? I know we have some.
    We improperly recruited some JuCo players under Jim Criner. The NCAA cut scholarships, but we were able to stave off a harsher punishment (like TV revenue withholding) by voluntarily instituting a post-season ban (smart move by ISU brass, since we weren't even close to sniffing the post-season anyways, haha!) and firing Criner.

    EDIT: not an old timer.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 56,940, Level: 73
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,746
    Points
    56,940
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 4

    Re: Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    Don't bring this up to Jambalaya. The fact that Iowa was basically squeaky clean on the sanctions front under Hayden Fry might give him a coronary.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 101,116, Level: 99
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,934
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,900
    Points
    101,116
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 146

    Re: Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Don't bring this up to Jambalaya. The fact that Iowa was basically squeaky clean on the sanctions front under Hayden Fry might give him a coronary.
    Now look what you've done.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 164,527, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    CtownCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    8,907
    Points
    164,527
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 113

    Re: Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Don't bring this up to Jambalaya. The fact that Iowa was basically squeaky clean on the sanctions front under Hayden Fry might give him a coronary.
    Could he Skype his coronary? I'd pay to watch it.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 140,793, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,509
    Points
    140,793
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    Our sanctions were pretty minor - we lost 4 scholarships for one year. After listening to Walden you would have thought we got the death penalty, not 4 schollies - 1 year.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 82,173, Level: 89
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Winterset Metroplex
    Posts
    2,492
    Points
    82,173
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    I remember reading the DSM Register article at the time that detailed EVERY infraction, including the 4 against our Men's BB program as well. Johnny Orr was cited for taking a recruit to LONG JOHN SILVER'S on Lincoln Way & providing him with an illicit meal.

    I can't remember if the meal in question included extra hush puppies, but I would imagine it would. Bryan Heger was being recruited at the time, and that boy could put away the groceries. He probably got an extra chicken plank too.


    "Correct me if I'm wrong, Scotty.......but if I kill all the golfers, they'll lock me up and throw away the key!" Carl Spackler

  13. #13
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    Quote Originally Posted by CYlent Bob View Post
    I remember reading the DSM Register article at the time that detailed EVERY infraction, including the 4 against our Men's BB program as well. Johnny Orr was cited for taking a recruit to LONG JOHN SILVER'S on Lincoln Way & providing him with an illicit meal.

    I can't remember if the meal in question included extra hush puppies, but I would imagine it would. Bryan Heger was being recruited at the time, and that boy could put away the groceries. He probably got an extra chicken plank too.
    Bleh, talk about a good way to sent a recruit running to another school.



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 222,568, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,514
    Points
    222,568
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 403
    Given: 463

    Re: Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    Still confused on why the NCAA never did an investigation into us getting Marcus Fizer. It made no sense. He was a Mcdonalds all american from Mississippi that decided to play for Iowa State??? WTF. Don't feed me the "Tim Floyd was friends with his mom" thing either. Sure they were. However, I decided to turn the other way when we got him.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  15. #15
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: Univ' that have sanctions against them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Still confused on why the NCAA never did an investigation into us getting Marcus Fizer. It made no sense. He was a Mcdonalds all american from Mississippi that decided to play for Iowa State??? WTF. Don't feed me the "Tim Floyd was friends with his mom" thing either. Sure they were. However, I decided to turn the other way when we got him.
    I think Floyd had a lot of inroads in the deep south from his days at UNO. Willoughby, Cato, Fizer, and Pratt were all from the deep south, IIRC.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM