Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 302

Ron Santo We Miss You

Ron Santo?s Hall of Fame day not same without him, but there?s joy - Chicago Sun-Times

I for one enjoyed him more as a sportscaster than a player as he filled those long moments when the Cubs were having a bad game. He could always find something to say. He was special.

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2012/...anto-cubs-loss

Last edited by Wesley; 07-23-2012 at 12:14 AM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 302

Re: Ron Santo We Miss You

Vicki Santo shines at Ron Santo's Hall of Fame induction ceremony - Joe Lemire - SI.com

"This is not a sad day, not at all," Vicki said. "This is a very happy day. This is an incredible day for an incredible man, a man who lived an extraordinary life to its fullest.
    "... He would not have stood up here today and bragged about what he has done to try to help others, so the one advantage to him not being here is, in this case, he can't tell me what to say."
    Had Santo been here, Vicki surmised after the ceremony, "his speech would have been all about his career, which it should be. I couldn't talk about that. But I think that there was a message in his journey. That's what I tried to get across to the fans."
    "He did not complain, and he did not want sympathy," Vicki said. "He believed he'd been chosen to go through these things so that he could deliver a message of perseverance to inspire those with problems of all types."
    When he was a sportscaster, I remember the time they made fun talking about how short Ronnie was after he had both legs amputated due to diabetes one and yet he could laugh at the moment.

Last edited by Wesley; 07-23-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 922
    Given: 49

Re: Ron Santo We Miss You

He did amazing things with a disease that has slowed down many people and his generosity to the JDRF foundation is his greatest achievement in my opinion.