Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,236
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 175

Man, I want to be an Olympian athlete...

Pretty entertaining and risque read about the total hedonism that occurs in the Olympic village.

Athletes spill details on dirty secrets in the Olympic Village - ESPN The Magazine - ESPN

Here's a choice story from everyone's favorite goalie, Hope Solo, who just got even hotter in my eyes.

nd then there's the one party that can't be missed: the closing ceremony. Says Ferguson: "They basically throw us all in a stadium and say, 'Just go for it, party hard, get drunk and do some groping.' Which we did, with some Canadians." Here's what you don't see on TV: all of the athletes who arrive inebriated and, throughout the ceremony, sneak back and forth between the infield and the stadium with drinks. Somewhere in the middle of this party, typically, is America's women's soccer team, whose tournament runs the duration of the Games. "This is our chance to let loose," Chastain says. "Our hair is on fire, we're leaving the next morning, and we're going to enjoy our last 24 hours." After the Beijing Games, the women went, well, Hollywood. Solo recounts the story: "I probably shouldn't tell you this, but we met a bunch of celebrities. Vince Vaughn partied with us. Steve Byrne, the comedian. And at some point we decided to take the party back to the village, so we started talking to the security guards, showed off our gold medals, got their attention and snuck our group through without credentials -- which is absolutely unheard of." And, she adds, "I may have snuck a celebrity back to my room without anybody knowing, and snuck him back out. But that's my Olympic secret." The best part, according to Solo? "When we were done partying, we got out of our nice dresses, got back into our stadium coats and, at 7 a.m. with no sleep, went on the Today show drunk. Needless to say, we looked like hell." A

"The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

Addict
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 7

Re: Man, I want to be an Olympian athlete...

Taylor Phinney too is looking forward to a do-over in London for two reasons. In Beijing, he was an 18-year-old wunderkind American cyclist who night after night sat on his balcony, one floor below the gymnastics team terrace, and tossed Shawn Johnson prohibited Snickers bars. "She was a superstar," Phinney says of the then-16-year-old, "and I was a lowly cyclist with a massive crush." After Johnson won gold and moved to a hotel with her parents, Phinney moved his courtship to the lobby, where they closed some blinds and had a "kissing session." But Phinney's long trip to first base may have also derailed his medaling hopes. "This is going to sound stupid, but I almost forgot I had to race."

After a Skype relationship forced by their globe-trotting careers, they are now on hiatus. But Phinney can't wait for London, where Johnson, who retired in June, will be on hand to fulfill her sponsorship obligations. "I'll try to hang out with her as much as I can," he says before he doubles back, still clearly flummoxed. "And I'm going to try very hard to stay away from females." In that case, he might want to stay away from the Olympic Village altogether.

I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

Pro
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 0

Re: Man, I want to be an Olympian athlete...

I read that story too and thought how awesome of a time that would be and some of the babes running around the Olympic Village looking for action. I'd be on the look out for Hope Solo

ABC - Always Be Closing