Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3

Re: Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    Why was she annoying?
    Because she was the B in Apartment 23. Totally annoying.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 898
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 69

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    anyone else notice the smoke Walt was watching from a distance?

I think Walt gave up because he had burnt the money - no evidence. Going with Hank was his play as he knew Hank would have to eventually release him. Had it not been the money, he may have given up, but what was the point of going to jail if all your money becomes evidence and doesn't make it to his family - it was lose lose.
    I'd have to see it again, but I thought that was just the dust from Hank, Jesse and Gomey pulling in?

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Starter
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    He assumed it was Jesse and called the Nazi's to give them his location. When he realized Hank and Gomey were with him, he told them to forget about it. Calling off the dogs had nothing to do with Jesse. It was all about Hank.
    It is probably about Hank. I just don't think Walt can deal with (kill) Jesse face to face, so he's feeling something for him (even though it's not exactly fatherly love).

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

Pro
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    I thought Jane was a borderline monster when she was using.

I never felt bad when she died, nor did I feel (at that point in time) that watching her die was an egregious act on Walt's part. I remember that he seemed legitimately confused by the situation, as opposed to the way he handled death/killing people later in the show.
    He wasn't confused at all. Jane's own father advised Walt in the bar scene to do what you must to protect your own. He viewed letting Jane go as saving Jesse. He views Jesse as his son. Note, the freudian slips when he calls his own son Jesse.

Walt also didn't want Jesse to lose Andrea, but rather advised Jesse to think about if he really loved her and the boy, that he should think about the life they he has led and leads, and the potential consequences it brings those they love.

Walt tried to get Jesse to relocate. He even tried to meet him one last time in the open. He has only turned on Jesse once he became a real threat to bringing down the house of cards.

Every season Walt and Jesse have fought like dogs, then reunited in the end. I don't see this ending differently. I do however think given that Walt takes his wife's maiden name as an alias, and is in New Hampshire where Skylar is from indicates to me that they are relocated. He may end up with Jesse, and not his family.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 9

Personally, I think Walt is pretty cowardly. Very rarely has he killed in cold blood in the series (just the drug dealers he ran over). He killed Krazy 8 out of self-defense (after spending ages looking for a reason to let him go), and he killed Mike in a temper tantrum. Everyone else who's died may have died on Walt's orders, but he's not typically been one to get his hands dirty. I definitely agree he can't bring himself to pull the trigger when it comes to Jesse, but I also don't think that represents a drastic shift from how he's killed other people throughout the series. He's almost always preferred to distance himself from the kills.

As for turning himself in to Hank and Gomey? Well, he was under the impression that Todd wouldn't come, so he felt he was out of moves. And instead of getting in a shootout with Hank, he gave up.
    I know you really hate Walt, but I think his absolute refusal to have Hank killed, even though Hank wants Walt dead, indicates that Walt is at least torn, and might possibly be moving back to "good".

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Walk On
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    I do however think given that Walt takes his wife's maiden name as an alias, and is in New Hampshire where Skylar is from indicates to me that they are relocated. He may end up with Jesse, and not his family.
    When did that happen? What is Skylar's maiden name?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    I know you really hate Walt, but I think his absolute refusal to have Hank killed, even though Hank wants Walt dead, indicates that Walt is at least torn, and might possibly be moving back to "good".
    Hank doesn't want to kill Walt; he wants to bring him down. He simply wouldn't shed any tears when Walt does kick the bucket. I mean, if Hank wanted to kill him, he could probably pull that off relatively easily and maybe even have gotten away with it.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 9

Hank doesn't want to kill Walt; he wants to bring him down. He simply wouldn't shed any tears when Walt does kick the bucket. I mean, if Hank wanted to kill him, he could probably pull that off relatively easily and maybe even have gotten away with it.
    I think Hank wants Walt dead, but just doesn't want to effectuate it himself, and wants it after Walt has faced the criminal system. I don't think there's any doubt that Hank would revel in Walt getting shanked in prison, for example.

Wanting someone to die and actually effectuating that death are two very different things.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,432
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 26

Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    Question: were you bummed knowing ahead of time that Walt would get out of the situation with Hank? Would it have been better if you didn't know (via the flashbacks from episode 1)
    To kill your main character at the beginning of the third to last episode of the series, what would you do for the rest of the 2 1/2 episodes? It would be extremely unusual for a show to do that. Although, Breaking Bad is an unusual show.

I think it's more interesting knowing that Walt lives, because it has all of us theorizing how he gets out of it, who dies in the shootout, who lives, who gets kidnapped/held hostage...

*sudden thought*

Hank and Gomez have been working "off the books" to get solid evidence against Walt. Hank had just called Marie to say "...it may be awhile before I get home..." Unless Gomez has family we don't know about, the only person that's going to be missed is Walt by Skylar/Walt Jr. (Give Marie a day and a half, let's say, until she starts worrying) Skylar may not necessarily report Walt missing. Not sure if this means anything, just me typing out loud.

BTW, wouldn't Walt Jr have noticed they aren't hanging out with Hank & Marie anymore?

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,016
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by ISUpadre View Post
    It is probably about Hank. I just don't think Walt can deal with (kill) Jesse face to face, so he's feeling something for him (even though it's not exactly fatherly love).
    Clearly he had accepted killing Jesse otherwise he wouldnt have called in the firsr place. He called off the hit when he saw Hank. However, not because he couldnt kill Hank IMO. Remember, this was the first time he realized Jesse was a rat, and that he just admitted to murder to an DEA tapped call and led them to the money. He has no idea that Hank and Gomey were going it alone, in his mind there was no more moves to get his family that money no matter what happenned. He was resigned to that fact and didnt want Jesse and Hank to die needlessly. I do think if he saw a way out that would allow his family to get the money, he would no doubt have killed Jesse and Hank. He thought it was over.

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,016
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34

Quote Originally Posted by ISUpadre View Post
    Clearly he had accepted killing Jesse otherwise he wouldnt have called in the first place. He called off the hit when he saw Hank. However, not because he couldnt kill Hank IMO. Remember, this was the first time he realized Jesse was a rat, and that he just admitted to murder to an DEA tapped call and led them to the money. He has no idea that Hank and Gomey were going it alone, in his mind there was no more moves to get his family that money no matter what happenned. He was resigned to that fact and didnt want Jesse and Hank to die needlessly. I do think if he saw a way out that would allow his family to get the money, he would no doubt have killed Jesse and Hank. He thought it was over.

Pro
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 81

Hank dies, along with Gomie. Marie kills herself at Walt's house after identifying him as Heisenberg, trashing it. Flynn finds Marie's body after ignoring Skylar's orders to stay away from the house.

What is Walt Jr's purpose if his innocence is not to be totally destroyed by his father's legacy? And don't say he's just there to eat breakfast.

I think Jesse escapes on foot, and Todd follows. Not sure if Gilligan will let Todd kill Jesse or if it will be the other way around. As of today, I think Jesse is somehow able to kill Todd and escape.

I do like the idea that Walt takes the ricin himself, before attempting to off Jack's guys and Lydia.

Walk On
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Die4Cy View Post
    Hank dies, along with Gomie. Marie kills herself at Walt's house after identifying him as Heisenberg, trashing it. Flynn finds Marie's body after ignoring Skylar's orders to stay away from the house.

What is Walt Jr's purpose if his innocence is not to be totally destroyed by his father's legacy? And don't say he's just there to eat breakfast.

I think Jesse escapes on foot, and Todd follows. Not sure if Gilligan will let Todd kill Jesse or if it will be the other way around. As of today, I think Jesse is somehow able to kill Todd and escape.

I do like the idea that Walt takes the ricin himself, before attempting to off Jack's guys and Lydia.
    Definitely read that wrong..

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyCope View Post
    Definitely read that wrong..
    Same.

All-Star
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Hank and Gomez die, Jesse is taken to cook with Todd, and Walt somehow gets away. Walt now on the lamb, has to come back and rescue Jesse, but he dies in the process, end scene/show.

Hank telling Marie that he had Walt in cuffs were his last words to her.

Last edited by DurangoCy; 09-09-2013 at 02:26 PM.