Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 33

Re: Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by 1100011CS View Post
    Huh? I thought it was the other way around.
    Nope, Jesse never had done heroin before her teaching him how. But I think he got her started again just by doing drugs next door. They were just bad for each other.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    I still feel like Walt is breaking good by the end of the show. Somehow he redeems himself, even if dead. My guess is that somehow Jesse is kidnapped to cook because they think Walt is dead. Walt goes on a suicide mission and takes the ricin so if he fails and does not kill the cartel, they will not be able to force him to cook. The last scene is with everyone in the cartel dead with Jesse and Walt still living but it's a very intense emotional scene because both know the Walt is going to die shortly.

The problem with my guess is that they have said there won't be loose ends. Jesse would be a loose end since we don't know where he goes from there.
    I think Walt's already starting to "break good". He refuses to kill Hank, period, even though it would be in his self-interest to do so. He also can't bring himself to actually kill Jesse, and he did surrender to Hank and Gomez.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 875
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 69

Quote Originally Posted by ISUpadre View Post
    Well, Walt did tell the Nazi crew that the hit was off, so ... he might care a little for Jesse.
    Yeah, I guess Hank's presence at the scene didn't have anything to do with that.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Speechless
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 12

I thought Jane was a borderline monster when she was using.

I never felt bad when she died, nor did I feel (at that point in time) that watching her die was an egregious act on Walt's part. I remember that he seemed legitimately confused by the situation, as opposed to the way he handled death/killing people later in the show.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Starter
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    Yeah, I guess Hank's presence at the scene didn't have anything to do with that.
    Nope, he was turning himself in because he couldn't kill either Hank or Jesse himself (he had a gun). He called off the dogs (in his mind). That's why he panicked and started yelling when the Nazi's showed up. Maybe he was acting ...

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    I think Walt's already starting to "break good". He refuses to kill Hank, period, even though it would be in his self-interest to do so. He also can't bring himself to actually kill Jesse, and he did surrender to Hank and Gomez.
    Personally, I think Walt is pretty cowardly. Very rarely has he killed in cold blood in the series (just the drug dealers he ran over). He killed Krazy 8 out of self-defense (after spending ages looking for a reason to let him go), and he killed Mike in a temper tantrum. Everyone else who's died may have died on Walt's orders, but he's not typically been one to get his hands dirty. I definitely agree he can't bring himself to pull the trigger when it comes to Jesse, but I also don't think that represents a drastic shift from how he's killed other people throughout the series. He's almost always preferred to distance himself from the kills.

As for turning himself in to Hank and Gomey? Well, he was under the impression that Todd wouldn't come, so he felt he was out of moves. And instead of getting in a shootout with Hank, he gave up.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

All-Star
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 524
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6

Nope, he was turning himself in because he couldn't kill either Hank or Jesse himself (he had a gun). He called off the dogs (in his mind). That's why he panicked and started yelling when the Nazi's showed up. Maybe he was acting ...
    Walt didn't know Jesse was with Hank. When Hank showed up with Jesse, he called off the Nazis. It was all about Hank, in my opinion.

I am a patient boy. I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait...
    http://www.mapcon.com/US-EN/CMMS-Software

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by flynnhicks03 View Post
    Walt didn't know Jesse was with Hank. When Hank showed up with Jesse, he called off the Nazis. It was all about Hank, in my opinion.
    I was under the impression he did see Jesse. If not, my bad.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I agree he didn't want to kill Hank, which is why he gave up (I mean, it's not like he would have been able to kill Jesse without trying to take down Hank, too) and why he panicked when the Nazi's showed up.

If Jesse had been face-to-face and said the things he said over the phone, Walt would have killed him, IMO. No way he contains that kind of rage, just like he didn't do it when Mike put him in his place.

Walt has put a lot of effort into making Jesse feel like he's a good guy, but I don't think that's because Walt truly cares about Jesse. It's because he's needed Jesse on his side.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

He assumed it was Jesse and called the Nazi's to give them his location. When he realized Hank and Gomey were with him, he told them to forget about it. Calling off the dogs had nothing to do with Jesse. It was all about Hank.

All-Star
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 524
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6

You might be correct. Either way, him calling off the Nazis was all about Hank being there and had nothing to do with Jesse. As noted above, if it had been just Jesse, Walt would have carried out his plan.

I am a patient boy. I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait...
    http://www.mapcon.com/US-EN/CMMS-Software

Speechless
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    I agree he didn't want to kill Hank, which is why he gave up (I mean, it's not like he would have been able to kill Jesse without trying to take down Hank, too) and why he panicked when the Nazi's showed up.

If Jesse had been face-to-face and said the things he said over the phone, Walt would have killed him, IMO. No way he contains that kind of rage, just like he didn't do it when Mike put him in his place.

Walt has put a lot of effort into making Jesse feel like he's a good guy, but I don't think that's because Walt truly cares about Jesse. It's because he's needed Jesse on his side.
    I completely disagree. He said he was like a son to him. He didn't need to say that to the people he said it to. Walt, at no point, has needed Jesse to be alive. He would have been better off with him dead a few times, and he hasn't been able to do it. I firmly believe Walt has wanted to protect Jesse until Jesse left him no option later in the series. I think we will see this all play out and in the end Walt will sacrifice himself. Then the argument becomes whether Walt sacrifices himself because it doesn't matter since he has cancer or if he truly wanted to save Jesse.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 519
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 23

anyone else notice the smoke Walt was watching from a distance?

I think Walt gave up because he had burnt the money - no evidence. Going with Hank was his play as he knew Hank would have to eventually release him. Had it not been the money, he may have given up, but what was the point of going to jail if all your money becomes evidence and doesn't make it to his family - it was lose lose.

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by flynnhicks03 View Post
    You might be correct. Either way, him calling off the Nazis was all about Hank being there and had nothing to do with Jesse. As noted above, if it had been just Jesse, Walt would have carried out his plan.
    Agreed, but Walt knows he can't kill Jesse face to face (hence hiring the Uncle Nazi). I was thinking that Jesse might be able to drive (separately, if he still had a car) than Hank and Gomez out to the desert. Then, Walt and Jesse may have had a confrontation and then Hank and Gomez would have shown up. At least, that's what I was hoping would happen.

Pro
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 842
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 15

Quote Originally Posted by SaraV View Post
    My brain is trying to figure out what happens/what information comes out for neighbor Carol to react in the way she did when Walt returned to the house in the flash forward. Walt didn't seem to hurry up, thinking that Carol would call authorities.

Is Walt's death somehow faked? Who helps him with that?
    Admittedly, I've been horrible in trying to determine what will happen next in this series. But to your last point, I believe that may be what happens so Walt can then go through with Saul's guy that set up a new life somewhere else:
    Hank does not make it. He having that call with Marie forshadows that. I think Walt may shoot Hank as a mercy killing, as he lays there shot full of holes yet barely alive. Somehow, Walt comes up with some way to fake his death. This saves him from having to face his family in the face of Hank also dying. Marie flips out & paints the house, blaming Hank's death on Walt.

Walt has always justified what he has done to 'save his family', yet Hank dies & the remaining people are better off if he is actually dead, only at first he just fakes it & leaves. Junior is beyond depressed as he lost both his dad & his uncle, so he goes to meth to cope. Some how Walt finds out, comes back & goes out in a blaze of glory. I couldn't figure how to fit Jesse into this.

So, there's my guess again. Will likely be very wrong, but do believe, as others have pointed out, that Marie is the one to paint Heisenberg in their house. Damn I'm going to miss this show.

“I heard that Snooki, Pauly D and The Situation will each make $5 million for this season’s ‘Jersey Shore.’ It just goes to show that if you put your mind to something and work hard, you’re wasting your time.” -- Jimmy Fallon