Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1471

Thread: Breaking Bad

  1. #16
    Rookie
    Points: 14,430, Level: 36
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    440
    Points
    14,430
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Breaking Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by CynadoAlley View Post
    If you're throwing it in the same area as Dexter quality wise, then it must be amazing
    Oh I find them very comparable. They both have what I like to call the 'Boondock Saints' style plot. Where the main character(s) are doing something so awful but for the right reasons. I find myself really liking Dexter or Walter all the time and then realizing that I shouldn't be.



  2. #17
    Addict
    Points: 149,984, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    CLONECONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    7,211
    Points
    149,984
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 10

    Re: Breaking Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by ksclone2 View Post
    Oh I find them very comparable. They both have what I like to call the 'Boondock Saints' style plot. Where the main character(s) are doing something so awful but for the right reasons. I find myself really liking Dexter or Walter all the time and then realizing that I shouldn't be.

    the creator Vince Gillam (x-files guy) said he wanted to make a protagonist who turns in to the antagonist by the end.

    I won't spoil too much about Walt but i mean... well you guys know how you feel about him




    Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

  3. #18
    Legend
    Points: 284,140, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    14,848
    Points
    284,140
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,728
    Given: 2,983

    Re: Breaking Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by CLONECONES View Post
    the creator Vince Gillam (x-files guy) said he wanted to make a protagonist who turns in to the antagonist by the end.

    I won't spoil too much about Walt but i mean... well you guys know how you feel about him
    And he's not the only one who is turned by what is going on...

    Here's a nice interview. SPOILER ALERT if you haven't been watching the series.

    Q&A - Anna Gunn (Skyler White) - Breaking Bad - AMC

    I especially like her allusion in the last answer to a certain memorable scene.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  4. #19
    All-Star
    Points: 36,808, Level: 59
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,042
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CycloneVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cedar Falls
    Posts
    1,492
    Points
    36,808
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 1,085

    Re: Breaking Bad

    Its by far my favorite show I have ever watched. I am a huge Dexter fan, Sopranos, etc but this one IMO is the best.



  5. #20
    Legend
    Points: 284,140, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    14,848
    Points
    284,140
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,728
    Given: 2,983

    Re: Breaking Bad

    As far as being a really good series; an excerpt from the Wiki article. Be careful if you go there and haven't been watching because the season synopses could be a big spoiler. This is just a drop in the bucket.

    "Breaking Bad has received widespread critical acclaim and has been praised by some critics as the greatest television drama of all time. On the review aggregator website Metacritic, the first season scored 74/100, the second season scored 85/100, the third season scored 89/100, the fourth season scored 96/100, and the fifth season currently scores 100/100. The American Film Institute listed Breaking Bad as one of the top ten television series of 2010 and 2011. "


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  6. #21
    Addict
    Points: 163,261, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Southeast
    Posts
    8,800
    Points
    163,261
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 330

    Re: Breaking Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneVet View Post
    Its by far my favorite show I have ever watched. I am a huge Dexter fan, Sopranos, etc but this one IMO is the best.
    This is a bold statement... but I think I agree.

    Damn, I can't wait for Sunday!



  7. #22
    Addict
    Points: 163,261, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Southeast
    Posts
    8,800
    Points
    163,261
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 330

    Re: Breaking Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    As far as being a really good series; an excerpt from the Wiki article. Be careful if you go there and haven't been watching because the season synopses could be a big spoiler. This is just a drop in the bucket.

    "Breaking Bad has received widespread critical acclaim and has been praised by some critics as the greatest television drama of all time. On the review aggregator website Metacritic, the first season scored 74/100, the second season scored 85/100, the third season scored 89/100, the fourth season scored 96/100, and the fifth season currently scores 100/100. The American Film Institute listed Breaking Bad as one of the top ten television series of 2010 and 2011. "
    I loved Season 4, but my favorite so far was Season 3. Seasons 1 and 2 were on a different level, quality wise. They were quite good, but didn't reach the unbelievable awesomeness of 3 and 4 IMO.

    The best episode of any TV drama I have ever seen is the season finale of Season 3.



  8. #23
    Pro
    Points: 39,629, Level: 61
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 721
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    shagcarpetjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,700
    Points
    39,629
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 53

    Re: Breaking Bad

    Are there any Dish Network customers that are freaking out about the new season? I just saw that AMC is airing the season premiere online to help out Dish subscribers, but it sounds like its only going to be the first week.



  9. #24
    Addict
    Points: 93,867, Level: 95
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesince78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,794
    Points
    93,867
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,664
    Given: 1,891

    Re: Breaking Bad

    Breaking Bad is by far the best show on TV. Dexter takes 2nd place.



  10. #25
    All-Star
    Points: 27,521, Level: 50
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    LLCoolJansma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,208
    Points
    27,521
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 88

    Re: Breaking Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesince78 View Post
    Breaking Bad is by far the best show on TV. Dexter takes 2nd place.
    Agree Breaking Bad is absolutely great. Starts slow but picks up big time... Most Critics feel season one is the the weakest then better every year.

    Suprised nobody is talking about "The Wire" as the Second Best show? If you haven't seen it put it on your list.

    (I haven't watched Dexter yet so I can't comment. I do plan too, heard good things from everybody, but keep putting it off for a rainy day.)



  11. #26
    Addict
    Points: 93,867, Level: 95
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesince78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,794
    Points
    93,867
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,664
    Given: 1,891

    Re: Breaking Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by LLCoolJansma View Post
    Agree Breaking Bad is absolutely great. Starts slow but picks up big time... Most Critics feel season one is the the weakest then better every year.

    Suprised nobody is talking about "The Wire" as the Second Best show? If you haven't seen it put it on your list.

    (I haven't watched Dexter yet so I can't comment. I do plan too, heard good things from everybody, but keep putting it off for a rainy day.)


    I've seen the wire. It's a good show. But to me it's not even in the same conversation as Breaking Bad and Dexter.



  12. #27
    Addict
    Points: 93,867, Level: 95
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesince78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,794
    Points
    93,867
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,664
    Given: 1,891

    Re: Breaking Bad

    I also disagree that it starts off slow. The pilot episode is insane from the beginning. For me it's non stop goodness, that gets better and better with each season.



  13. #28
    All-Star
    Points: 27,521, Level: 50
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    LLCoolJansma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,208
    Points
    27,521
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 88

    Re: Breaking Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesince78 View Post
    I also disagree that it starts off slow. The pilot episode is insane from the beginning. For me it's non stop goodness, that gets better and better with each season.
    Granted the pilot is very good. Just it goes from a 8.5 on a scale of 10 and up from there... took a while for the characters (other than Cranston) to develop but after eposode 4 I was and am hooked. I can understand someone stopping after episode 2 and not getting the obsession with the series. Super excited for Sunday though.

    And as for the Wire not being great... well it is the only show that rivials Breaking Bad IMHO. The character development from Seaon 1-5 with a plan for the entire story to Be wrapped in a nice lil bow in the finale is truly impressive.
    Actually I may have to rewatch it.



  14. #29
    Pro
    Points: 25,991, Level: 49
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,039
    Points
    25,991
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 20

    Re: Breaking Bad

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    I loved Season 4, but my favorite so far was Season 3. Seasons 1 and 2 were on a different level, quality wise. They were quite good, but didn't reach the unbelievable awesomeness of 3 and 4 IMO.

    The best episode of any TV drama I have ever seen is the season finale of Season 3.
    My wife and I just started watching Breaking Bad and jammed through the first four seasons in a bout a month. Very good show.

    I'd have to go with the season finale of Dexter season 4 (the John Lithgow season). Best single episode of television I've ever seen.



  15. #30
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 86,229, Level: 91
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,221
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Pitt_Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,038
    Points
    86,229
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214
    Given: 129

    Re: Breaking Bad


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • BASKETBALL: Iowa State vs. Alabama
  • November 24, 2014
  • 08:30 PM