Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 41,852, Level: 63
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Trice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    1,069
    Points
    41,852
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 59

    ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    So says this guy I've been following on Twitter for awhile. Says we don't want to lose the Texas game and accompanying windfall. Scroll down.

    https://twitter.com/theDudeofWV



  2. #2
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    Yeah...I'd ignore that guy if I were you.



  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 7,404, Level: 25
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    152
    Points
    7,404
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 3

    Re: ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trice View Post
    So says this guy I've been following on Twitter for awhile. Says we don't want to lose the Texas game and accompanying windfall. Scroll down.

    https://twitter.com/theDudeofWV
    This is just Iowa State's first step in taking over control of the Big XII.




  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 41,852, Level: 63
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Trice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    1,069
    Points
    41,852
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 59

    Re: ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    Yeah...I'd ignore that guy if I were you.
    As a rule, I don't put much credence in anything anyone says regarding conference realignment. But any particular reason why you say that?



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 208,960, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LA LA Land
    Posts
    16,848
    Points
    208,960
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,217
    Given: 2,150

    Re: ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trice View Post
    So says this guy I've been following on Twitter for awhile. Says we don't want to lose the Texas game and accompanying windfall. Scroll down.

    https://twitter.com/theDudeofWV
    Has Texas really ever been much bigger of a draw than any other ranked team? I don't remember it being that way.

    If you count UNI there's a strong argument even with Nebraska gone Texas is the 4th strongest regular draw on our schedules. FSU would draw exactly the same, probably more for quite a while. I bet there's more interest in the next few WVU and TCU games than UT games.

    It's not like Ames is overrun with Texas fans when we play them like the Husker invasions. We don't really need that boost as much anymore anyway.



  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 20,894, Level: 44
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 756
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    clone136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ames via Soux City
    Posts
    688
    Points
    20,894
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    For one second let's pretend this guy is correct. Do you really think we have that much power to hold up the other nine schools from expansion? We aren't that big of a power player that the conference is going to halt expansion plans, because of us.

    If anyone was questioning if this guy was right or legit, well you no longer have too....


    Eternal Optimist

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 110,572, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    JP4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sommerset
    Posts
    7,303
    Points
    110,572
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,080
    Given: 422

    Re: ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    How does this guy tweet every 15 seconds?
    Reading his twitter his painful.


    Last edited by JP4CY; 07-10-2012 at 04:29 PM.

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 278,243, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,865
    Points
    278,243
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 263
    Given: 154

    Re: ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    We are positioning ourselves to go independent.








    or not.



  9. #9
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trice View Post
    As a rule, I don't put much credence in anything anyone says regarding conference realignment. But any particular reason why you say that?
    I've read some of this guy's stuff, too--he's just one of hundreds of guys with Twitter accounts throwing stuff on the wall and seeing what sticks. He's done nothing to demonstrate that his claims have any more veracity than those from any random joe schmo. It's the worst kind of drivel.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 93,321, Level: 95
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,729
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    NobodyBeatsCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    3,468
    Points
    93,321
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 108

    Re: ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    With the last two beatings we took from them at JTS, I'd be surprised we could sell 1,000 tickets.


    "Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"


    "The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 224,812, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    18,410
    Points
    224,812
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,201
    Given: 805

    Re: ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by clone136 View Post
    For one second let's pretend this guy is correct. Do you really think we have that much power to hold up the other nine schools from expansion? We aren't that big of a power player that the conference is going to halt expansion plans, because of us.

    If anyone was questioning if this guy was right or legit, well you no longer have too....
    Exactly.



  12. #12
    Walk On
    Points: 7,404, Level: 25
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    152
    Points
    7,404
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 3

    Re: ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by clone136 View Post
    For one second let's pretend this guy is correct. Do you really think we have that much power to hold up the other nine schools from expansion? We aren't that big of a power player that the conference is going to halt expansion plans, because of us.

    If anyone was questioning if this guy was right or legit, well you no longer have too....
    If you scrolled down enough he is saying that Iowa State, Texas, OU, KU and Okie State are holding up FSU and Clemson to the Big XII.

    The Dude of WV ‏@theDudeofWV
    I'm asking B12 fans of Iowa State, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Oklahoma State to let their leaders know they want FSU & Clemson.
    Collapse
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    8:45 AM - 10 Jul 12 via web Details



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 429,765, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    22,564
    Points
    429,765
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,446
    Given: 802

    Re: ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by clone136 View Post
    For one second let's pretend this guy is correct. Do you really think we have that much power to hold up the other nine schools from expansion? We aren't that big of a power player that the conference is going to halt expansion plans, because of us.

    If anyone was questioning if this guy was right or legit, well you no longer have too....
    No, of course not by ourselves. But there are others who might not want expansion either. Texas doesnt seem like much of a fan of it either.

    I think one of the problems with some of these sources is they do get some real information... but there are blanks and they sometimes overreach by filling in the blanks themselves.

    For instance, in this situation, i could see him hearing 'ISU doesnt want to lose texas game'... and assuming it was because of it being a big matchup in ames, when its really because we dont want to lose recruiting exposure from playing in texas.


    Last edited by alarson; 07-10-2012 at 11:27 AM.

  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 12,617, Level: 33
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    DarkStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    682
    Points
    12,617
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 149

    Re: ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    A while back it was all Baylor's fault. Today it is ISU. I am sure that tomorrow it will be KU's fault.....



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 85,780, Level: 91
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,670
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,511
    Points
    85,780
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 340
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU holding up Big 12 expansion?

    If we would end up in a division with wv, fsu, Clemson, and not ku and KSU such as this guy has said before, I would hope we are holding this up.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM