Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Vanloo Article

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 50,947, Level: 69
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acoustimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lamoni, IA
    Posts
    2,132
    Points
    50,947
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 31

    Vanloo Article

    An older article that may have been posted here before. Provides some good insight into what drives her.

    | FIBA Europe



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 50,947, Level: 69
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acoustimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lamoni, IA
    Posts
    2,132
    Points
    50,947
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 31

    Re: Vanloo Article

    Here's a very recent one showing that Vanloo is everything we imagine...
    BallinEurope, the European Basketball news site Blog Archive Spain reigns in FIBA U16 European Women’s tourney



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 170,819, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    Points
    170,819
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 0

    Re: Vanloo Article

    But she will never be in a Cyclone uniform, correct? If not, then who cares?



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 50,947, Level: 69
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acoustimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lamoni, IA
    Posts
    2,132
    Points
    50,947
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 31

    Re: Vanloo Article

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    But she will never be in a Cyclone uniform, correct? If not, then who cares?
    That we don't know...I'm doubtful but would be overjoyed if she came.



  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,080, Level: 21
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    302
    Points
    5,080
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Vanloo Article

    Bottom line, when we we know of her plans? This has drug out for a long time. I'd just like to know when we'll know one way or other so we can move on.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 48,768, Level: 68
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 982
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    BoxsterCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Golden Valley, MN
    Posts
    2,871
    Points
    48,768
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 41

    Re: Vanloo Article

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneBob View Post
    Bottom line, when we we know of her plans? This has drug out for a long time. I'd just like to know when we'll know one way or other so we can move on.
    No news is probably bad news? I thought folks here this winter thought we would has a thumbs up or down by June.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 50,947, Level: 69
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acoustimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lamoni, IA
    Posts
    2,132
    Points
    50,947
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 31

    Re: Vanloo Article

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxsterCy View Post
    No news is probably bad news? I thought folks here this winter thought we would has a thumbs up or down by June.
    I suspect (imo) the coaches are even just waiting to see if she shows up for school this fall. You'd like to think she would give notice to them one way or another...especially since the coaches are out on the recruiting trail and need to know what they are looking for.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 25,774, Level: 49
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 776
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    50325
    Posts
    1,432
    Points
    25,774
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 11

    Re: Vanloo Article

    I would think that if we have not heard by now, she is not coming and we just need to move on. We have our new people ( the ones that want to come here)here already and they are working out with the team so lets look ahead and get ready for the upcoming season.



  9. #9
    Walk On
    Points: 5,290, Level: 21
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    186
    Points
    5,290
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

    Re: Vanloo Article

    Quote Originally Posted by kcdc4isu View Post
    I would think that if we have not heard by now, she is not coming and we just need to move on. We have our new people ( the ones that want to come here)here already and they are working out with the team so lets look ahead and get ready for the upcoming season.

    OK



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,195, Level: 79
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,870
    Points
    66,195
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Vanloo Article

    It's not like we fans really have to prepare for the upcoming season. Add to that the fact that our backcourt depth is a bit thin (although talented) and I don't see why we shouldn't keep looking toward Vanloo. It's only another month and a half before we're at the point where a decision absolutely has to be made.



  11. #11
    Recruit
    Points: 3,250, Level: 16
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    87
    Points
    3,250
    Level
    16
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Vanloo Article

    I think but am not sure that she signed her LOI. If that is the case, CBF or one of the other coaches could make a comment on her status (if they wish). Her skill set would compliment Brynn at the wing but sounds like she could play any of the guard positions.



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,195, Level: 79
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,870
    Points
    66,195
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Vanloo Article

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdDog View Post
    I think but am not sure that she signed her LOI. If that is the case, CBF or one of the other coaches could make a comment on her status (if they wish). Her skill set would compliment Brynn at the wing but sounds like she could play any of the guard positions.
    She signed an LOI with the 2011 class. When she wasn't eligible to come then, her LOI became void. I don't believe she is allowed to sign a 2012 LOI because she is currently a university student in Belgium.

    As soon as school started last fall and Vanloo wasn't enrolled (or maybe even earlier when she was ruled ineligible), she was officially no longer a signed recruit and ISU could no longer publicly comment on her.



  13. #13
    Recruit
    Points: 3,250, Level: 16
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    87
    Points
    3,250
    Level
    16
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Vanloo Article

    Quote Originally Posted by mred View Post
    She signed an LOI with the 2011 class. When she wasn't eligible to come then, her LOI became void. I don't believe she is allowed to sign a 2012 LOI because she is currently a university student in Belgium.

    As soon as school started last fall and Vanloo wasn't enrolled (or maybe even earlier when she was ruled ineligible), she was officially no longer a signed recruit and ISU could no longer publicly comment on her.
    Did not realize it has become void. I stand corrected.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM