Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Clyburn Shatters Regular-Season YMCA Scoring Record: Full Stats at the Break

Here's a list of the leading scorers in the YMCA Capital City Basketball League. Clyburn has 61 more points than the second-place scorer, Georges Niang. We'll get full stats up as soon as they're compiled. For now, here are the top scorers. YMCA Capital City League: Will Clyburn Leads All Scorers at the Break - Ames, IA Patch

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 13

Re: Clyburn Shatters Regular-Season YMCA Scoring Record: Full Stats at the Break

Even if this is just No-Defense Summer League, seeing that Clyburn and Niang are lighting it up, I don't think we will need to have very many worries about all the scoring we lost in Scotty, Royce, and Allen.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 325

Re: Clyburn Shatters Regular-Season YMCA Scoring Record: Full Stats at the Break

As much fun as this is, what we've learned in the past is CCL/YMCA pretty much amounts to jack squat.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

All-Star
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 73

[QUOTE=jdoggivjc;2939209]As much fun as this is, what we've learned in the past is CCL/YMCA pretty much amounts to jack squat

Wow, Buzz kill.
    I agree many of us have drank the CCL kool-aid and been dissappointed when the regular season started but... jeesh this is still impressive.

Let's just enjoy...

Major Props to Clyburn.

Pro
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 6

Yep, sorry. Doesn't mean much. But it is fun!

Addict
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 324
    Given: 287

[quote=jdoggivjc;2939209]As much fun as this is, what we've learned in the past is CCL/YMCA pretty much amounts to jack squat.

I disagree. The CCL is quite informative. You can't see everything, but you can see plenty. Nobody pretends it is the same as the Big 12 Conference season.

I've seen several games this year. And while there isn't much team defense, there is some serious one-on-one defense (e.g. Chris Babb, Naz Long, Korey Lucious). Further, there are plenty of reasons to think that much of the offensive prowess (e.g. Clyborn) will correlate with him being an offensive force in the Big 12.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,310
    Given: 1,139

If Clyburn were to average 1/3 of his CCL points in Big 12 play, he's scoring around 17 or 18 points per game. That's an excellent scoring average.

Not saying that there's a direct correlation here, but if Clyburn can do even some of this production this season, we're in great shape, and he gets tons of attention.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Pro
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 6

[quote=Cycsk;2939283]
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    As much fun as this is, what we've learned in the past is CCL/YMCA pretty much amounts to jack squat.

I disagree. The CCL is quite informative. You can't see everything, but you can see plenty. Nobody pretends it is the same as the Big 12 Conference season.

I've seen several games this year. And while there isn't much team defense, there is some serious one-on-one defense (e.g. Chris Babb, Naz Long, Korey Lucious). Further, there are plenty of reasons to think that much of the offensive prowess (e.g. Clyborn) will correlate with him being an offensive force in the Big 12.
    The best reason to think that Clyburn will be a force in the Big 12 is what he did at Utah.

Besides, the previous record holder was Melvin....as a freshman. Don't get me wrong - I love Ejim and his game - but he was NOT a big-time scorer as a freshman. I really think he will turn into a pretty big scorer this year and next, but the CCL doesn't tell us too much about scoring points.

Addict
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 324
    Given: 287

[quote=Clone9;2939328]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post

The best reason to think that Clyburn will be a force in the Big 12 is what he did at Utah.

True.

Besides, the previous record holder was Melvin....as a freshman. Don't get me wrong - I love Ejim and his game - but he was NOT a big-time scorer as a freshman. I really think he will turn into a pretty big scorer this year and next, but the CCL doesn't tell us too much about scoring points.
    And Clyburn's performance in CCL is consistent with what he did at Utah. But what he did at Utah is mostly just stats to me. What he is doing with CCL is magnificent first hand evidence. Thus, it is quite meaningful.

Addict
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 762
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 172
    Given: 159

I will contribute nothing to this thread other than the fact that before last season, Fred said his best NBA talent for the team of all the transfers was Clyburn. Royce came into his own, but for Fred to say that was definitely interesting based on the talent White had. Don't ask for a source or anything, but I have a photographic memory and remember that being said. Everyone has high expectations of Clyburn, so does Fred.

All-Star
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

i remember him saying that too nate. the kid can flat out play. and he definitely has a chip on his shoulder. not highly recruited out of HS or even JUCO. hes ready to go off

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 39

Because Royce doing everything in the CCL didn't translate.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

All-Star
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    Because Royce doing everything in the CCL didn't translate.
    DUH. When did he ever do anything during the season that resembled his performance in the CCL?

Oh whoops...that was every single game. There are things you can take away from the CCL. Stay thirsty

All-Star
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 82

Quote Originally Posted by NATEizKING View Post
    I will contribute nothing to this thread other than the fact that before last season, Fred said his best NBA talent for the team of all the transfers was Clyburn. Royce came into his own, but for Fred to say that was definitely interesting based on the talent White had. Don't ask for a source or anything, but I have a photographic memory and remember that being said. Everyone has high expectations of Clyburn, so does Fred.
    Not to mention Royce said the same thing.

"Of course the people don't want war ... the people can always be brought to do the bidding of the leaders. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger."
    -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

Speechless
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 325

The difference being I thought Clyburn was going to be great regardless of what he did in YMCA. With the importance people place on performance in this league you would have thought that guys like Staiger and Eikmeier were going to be all-world. Anybody know what those guys are doing nowadays?

Like I said, summer leagues are fun. But that's it.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.