Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

David Glass storms off of interview

When asked about the payroll of the Royals on 610 Sports Radio here in KC he dropped his microphone and left the interview. The man is probably the worst professional sports owner in the world. Anyone have any other opinions on who the worst owner could be?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

Re: David Glass storms off of interview

other than the clippers owner who has finally started to see the light I think. Im not sure I can come up with another cheap owner

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,953
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 39

It's really sad, especally when you look back at the success the Royals had in the '80s. I haven't been to a game in years because last time it was so depressing for me. When I was a kid and into my early 20s the place was always putting in decent crowds.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302

Dan Gilbert had a once in a lifetime player and did nothing to help him so he has to be up there. On the opposite side of the Royals you have the Mariners front office who has spent a **** ton of money in the past to be awful. There are a whole lot of bad owners in the NBA who lose and collect luxury tax and make it work. The NFL doesn't seem to have nearly as many downright terrible franchises. I mean, even the Browns have been average here and there.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    Dan Gilbert had a once in a lifetime player and did nothing to help him so he has to be up there. On the opposite side of the Royals you have the Mariners front office who has spent a **** ton of money in the past to be awful. There are a whole lot of bad owners in the NBA who lose and collect luxury tax and make it work. The NFL doesn't seem to have nearly as many downright terrible franchises. I mean, even the Browns have been average here and there.
    Agreed, I am no fan of Lebron James but the Cavs showed they wouldn't bring in talent around him. Plus Gilbert acts like a whiny kid whenever asked about Lebron.

All-Star
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 7

David Glass is the worst. How unprofessional is that guy, anyway? If being the Royals owner is such a burden, then sell the damn team.

I'm convinced that the Glass family is the real problem even though Dayton and Ned have taken most of the criticism this year.

All-Star
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

the true test for Glass will be this offseason. They need starting pitching more than anything. They are going to have to pay because the pitchers in the system aren't #1 or #2 pitchers. I can't see him going after a big name like they need to...especially after the "this is our time" slogan for this year.

Also keep in mind Glass got money back from Meche when he retired. It would have been nice if he would have reinvested it.

Rookie
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

If Glass was serious about building a team, he would have puked up the money to keep Greinke who is a legitimate #1 pitcher and the right age to fit with the offensive players they have right now. And their bullpen is decent right now too.

Starter
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 956
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 88

Quote Originally Posted by swiacy View Post
    If Glass was serious about building a team, he would have puked up the money to keep Greinke who is a legitimate #1 pitcher and the right age to fit with the offensive players they have right now. And their bullpen is decent right now too.

Greinke not being in KC was not Glasses fault. Glass paid Zack (and paid him well). Problem was that Zack became an absolute cancer on and off field and did it to force a trade. KC would have kept him had he not quit the last half of 2011.

Glass is a ****** owner, but I don't blame him for Greinke not being in KC right now. Plus the deal KC got has netted a great SS and a SP that looks like he's close to ML ready.

Pro
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

Glass hand nothing to do with Greinke leaving but he was the reason that Dayton Moore pretty much took over an expansion team. When DM took over Glass had killed scouting/international signing and drafts to the bottom of the league. Since GMDM has gotten there he has gotten them to spend more in those markets but the biggest thus one of the best farm systems in all of baseball, but there problem is they can't develop pitching because of a mirriad of reasons, but mostly because they want everyone to throw fastball, change curveball and some guys dont project as those types of pitchers and it causes arm damage. Also they won't let guys do long toss programs.

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

Legend
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 637
    Given: 328

Tom Ricketts has the potential to be the worst owner EVER. It's not that I'm an upset Cubs fan saying this, it's that he has used his power of owning the Cubs not to make them a better team, but to
    A) Make Wrigley Field "better," for the fans and players, because he believes players don't want to play in Wrigley. Therefore, he wants to reduce payroll and make Wrigley a bigger attraction.
    B) Though I side with some of his political beliefs, he shouldn't be using the power of owning the Cubs to bring his beliefs onto people.
    C) He was, at one point, a supporter of the Cubs leaving Wrigley Field.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    Tom Ricketts has the potential to be the worst owner EVER. It's not that I'm an upset Cubs fan saying this, it's that he has used his power of owning the Cubs not to make them a better team, but to
    A) Make Wrigley Field "better," for the fans and players, because he believes players don't want to play in Wrigley. Therefore, he wants to reduce payroll and make Wrigley a bigger attraction.
    B) Though I side with some of his political beliefs, he shouldn't be using the power of owning the Cubs to bring his beliefs onto people.
    Isn't that pretty ridiculous? I mean, Wrigley is THE draw for the Cubs. It sure as hell hasn't been winning most of the time.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

All-Star
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    the fact that he hired Theo makes him better than David Glass

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 28

Quote Originally Posted by hurdleisu24 View Post
    other than the clippers owner who has finally started to see the light I think. Im not sure I can come up with another cheap owner
    Robert Sarver. The Suns had a chance to win multiple championships in the mid 2000's but Sarver refused to go anywhere near the luxury tax and sold off multiple first round picks and let guys like Joe Johnson walk rather than take a shot at winning a title.