Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 122
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 45,802, Level: 66
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,145
    Points
    45,802
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 14

    Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    Yes, your kid is cute, but those shorts are not clean. It ruins my appetite to have my plate cross the same counter/table.


    Honor Before Victory

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 46,180, Level: 66
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 770
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    KnappShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    3,251
    Points
    46,180
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,183
    Given: 724

    Re: Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    Yes, your kid is cute, but those shorts are not clean. It ruins my appetite to have my plate cross the same counter/table.
    You're going to open a can of worms here. Everyone is supposed to put up with anything and everything when it comes to children.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 256,381, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    klamath632's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10,179
    Points
    256,381
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,248
    Given: 1,070

    Re: Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    Yes, your kid is cute, but those shorts are not clean. It ruins my appetite to have my plate cross the same counter/table.
    Yeah, it's a violation of health codes to park your bum on anywhere that food is prepared or eaten. Some people just don't think before they do things.



  4. #4
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    You mean you don't like the flavor of used baby food?



  5. #5
    KFitzy87
    Guest

    Re: Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    But babies are so cuuuuuuuuute! If you have one you immediately get to break all of the rules when it comes to being courteous for other people!



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 54,574, Level: 72
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 976
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bostrem00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    2,905
    Points
    54,574
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 55

    Re: Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    Why didn't you just say something to the parent?



  7. #7
    KFitzy87
    Guest

    Re: Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    Also, I missed Friday and this just reminded me of a confession/rant.... Now that we are in the age of technology, I can't stand when my high school Facebook friends (I am 19) who are pregnant or have a small child update their status every day about it!!!! They get a billion likes during pregnancy just because of all of the womanly support, and then once they have their baby, they become attention whores and ugh!!!!! I realize a baby should be considered a small miracle in itself but I can't help that it bugs me!



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 108,038, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    CRcyclone6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    7,243
    Points
    108,038
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 705
    Given: 2,089

    Re: Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    Quote Originally Posted by bostrem00 View Post
    Why didn't you just say something to the parent?
    He would rather run to CF and complain, instead of asking the parent about it.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 42,001, Level: 63
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 949
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,372
    Points
    42,001
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 355
    Given: 30

    Re: Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    So, OP doesn't have kids? Or has ugly kids that need to be hidden in the cart.



  10. #10
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRcyclone6 View Post
    He would rather run to CF and complain, instead of asking the parent about it.
    This thread is good, leave him alone!



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 46,180, Level: 66
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 770
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    KnappShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    3,251
    Points
    46,180
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,183
    Given: 724

    Re: Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRcyclone6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bostrem00 View Post
    Why didn't you just say something to the parent?
    He would rather run to CF and complain, instead of asking the parent about it.
    Parents can be incredibly defensive about their children. If the parent was a big enough dumb *** to put their dirty kid where food is then there's a good chance some shouting could happen when confronted



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 231,866, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    16,028
    Points
    231,866
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,640
    Given: 901

    Re: Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    Quote Originally Posted by KFitzy87 View Post
    Also, I missed Friday and this just reminded me of a confession/rant.... Now that we are in the age of technology, I can't stand when my high school Facebook friends (I am 19) who are pregnant or have a small child update their status every day about it!!!! They get a billion likes during pregnancy just because of all of the womanly support, and then once they have their baby, they become attention whores and ugh!!!!! I realize a baby should be considered a small miracle in itself but I can't help that it bugs me!
    Reminds me of this:


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 108,038, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    CRcyclone6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    7,243
    Points
    108,038
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 705
    Given: 2,089

    Re: Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CRcyclone6 View Post
    He would rather run to CF and complain, instead of asking the parent about it.
    This thread is good, leave him alone!
    Don't get me wrong, I don't know why people do this either. We have three kids and setting their butts on tables or counters in restaurants would never happen



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 45,802, Level: 66
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,145
    Points
    45,802
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 14

    Re: Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRcyclone6 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I don't know why people do this either. We have three kids and setting their butts on tables or counters in restaurants would never happen
    btw, the girl in your avatar can park her butt on the table anytime.


    Honor Before Victory

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 108,038, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    CRcyclone6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    7,243
    Points
    108,038
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 705
    Given: 2,089

    Re: Why do parents park their babies on the deli counter and pizza place tables?

    Quote Originally Posted by KnappShack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CRcyclone6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bostrem00 View Post
    Why didn't you just say something to the parent?
    He would rather run to CF and complain, instead of asking the parent about it.
    Parents can be incredibly defensive about their children. If the parent was a big enough dumb *** to put their dirty kid where food is then there's a good chance some shouting could happen when confronted
    You are prob right. If the feedback is delivered respectfully, hopefully nothing would happen. Of course the phrase, "some people" would be used depending on their reaction.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM