Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 23

Chris Paul declines 3 year deal with the Clippers

Worth $60 million (not to shabby). No word on whether he'll opt for FA. Yes, another NBA thread by me, but I thought both were interesting. Why would CP3 decline with LAC? They made it to the second round, and have a promising future.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much, maybe he wants more/less years or wants more money.

Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 239

Re: Chris Paul declines 3 year deal with the Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard4Cy View Post
    Worth $60 million (not to shabby). No word on whether he'll opt for FA. Yes, another NBA thread by me, but I thought both were interesting. Why would CP3 decline with LAC? They made it to the second round, and have a promising future.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much, maybe he wants more/less years or wants more money.
    There are all sorts of reasons to leave the Clippers, for one, Blake Griffin. Griffin won't ever win a championship, because he's below average as a primary piece. Chris Paul would make any number of players out there better than Blake and I hope he realizes it.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 108

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    There are all sorts of reasons to leave the Clippers, for one, Blake Griffin. Griffin won't ever win a championship, because he's below average as a primary piece. Chris Paul would make any number of players out there better than Blake and I hope he realizes it.
    Clippers are a weird situation because they made the move acquire Paul to show Griffin they were serious and keep him around. It is now, however, pretty obvious that Paul is the player they should be building around. They should be open to moving Griffin if it puts better pieces around CP3, but seeing as he was the first draft pick that worked out for them in forever, I wonder how willing they are to do that. Wouldn't Orlando consider a deal for Howard that included Griffin, just because of how marketable Blake is?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,400
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 69

I saw Broussard talking about this on ESPN yesterday. Apparently if CP3 waits until his contract is out and resigns with the clippers he can make another 10 million. So he's just waiting to sign a bigger contract with them, no indication he wants to leave already.

"But letís see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

"I am the one who knocks" -Walter White