Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69

Thread: Seriously KXNO?

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 177,884, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,429
    Points
    177,884
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 464
    Given: 77

    Seriously KXNO?

    Royce is drafted much higher than anticipated last night, and these two idiots are blathering on about football in London.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 277,600, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,949
    Points
    277,600
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,023
    Given: 206

    Re: Seriously KXNO?

    They talked about the draft my entire 30 minute commute to work from 6:15 to 6:45ish.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 736,725, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,985
    Points
    736,725
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,557
    Given: 750

    Re: Seriously KXNO?

    I'm surprised they aren't talking about something less relevant. They seem to think that two guys randomly talking about things is interesting.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 186,495, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    9,642
    Points
    186,495
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 629
    Given: 83

    Re: Seriously KXNO?

    Much higher than anticipated? ESPN projected him 21st and he went 16th.

    Are they supposed to do a full two hour show just on Royce White today?



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 177,884, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,429
    Points
    177,884
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 464
    Given: 77

    Re: Seriously KXNO?

    Where did Gatens get picked?



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 99,711, Level: 98
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,339
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,032
    Points
    99,711
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 376
    Given: 21

    Re: Seriously KXNO?

    Those two are awful. It's like they purposely like to talk about things they don't think anyone will want to listen to.

    I'm going to guess that even if the draft got 30 minutes, Royce got about 2 minutes and not even directly.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 177,884, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,429
    Points
    177,884
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 464
    Given: 77

    Re: Seriously KXNO?

    They talked about the draft my entire 30 minute commute to work from 6:15 to 6:45ish.



    If it was an Iowa player, they'd give it the whole show.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 86,350, Level: 91
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,100
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Incyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,906
    Points
    86,350
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 292
    Given: 52

    Re: Seriously KXNO?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    Much higher than anticipated? ESPN projected him 21st and he went 16th.

    Are they supposed to do a full two hour show just on Royce White today?
    Hawk fans are so cute when they get jealous.


    “Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.”

    Martin Luther King Jr.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 277,600, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,949
    Points
    277,600
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,023
    Given: 206

    Re: Seriously KXNO?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    Those two are awful. It's like they purposely like to talk about things they don't think anyone will want to listen to.

    I'm going to guess that even if the draft got 30 minutes, Royce got about 2 minutes and not even directly.
    They probably talked about Royce directly for a few minutes, and talked A LOT about the impact this will have on ISU as far as recruiting. They argued for a good 15 minutes if ISU could ever be similar to Kentucky (having a bunch of players NBA worthy on the roster who are potential 1 and dones) because of CFH's connections in the NBA. Ross was the only one who thought ISU could never be on that level, both Travis and Tim argued they could. They all agreed that last night showed the connections CFH has to the NBA, and recruits probably took notice, especially after Mchales interview.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 277,600, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,949
    Points
    277,600
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,023
    Given: 206

    Re: Seriously KXNO?

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    If it was an Iowa player, they'd give it the whole show.
    Well I don't think its any secret these guys are all Iowa fans first, but they are pretty fair to ISU, IMO.

    My only complaint about the show, and this never seems to change, is that they structure it horribly. Realistically, they are going to have a vast majority of their listeners between 7 and 8, yet they always talk about the more "listener popular" stuff between 6 and 7, and the more boring stuff between 7 and 8. They need to make their list of stuff to talk about, and then do it in reverse order.



  11. #11
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 302,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    302,578
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Seriously KXNO?

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    Where did Gatens get picked?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    If it was an Iowa player, they'd give it the whole show.



  12. #12
    Recruit
    Points: 10,158, Level: 30
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    117
    Points
    10,158
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Seriously KXNO?

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    Well I don't think its any secret these guys are all Iowa fans first, but they are pretty fair to ISU, IMO.

    My only complaint about the show, and this never seems to change, is that they structure it horribly. Realistically, they are going to have a vast majority of their listeners between 7 and 8, yet they always talk about the more "listener popular" stuff between 6 and 7, and the more boring stuff between 7 and 8. They need to make their list of stuff to talk about, and then do it in reverse order.
    I hate these guys! LOL! I'll say it....Thanks Royce! Thanks for being a great representative of ISU and the state of Iowa! We loved watching you last year! You are a great player and an even better player!



  13. #13
    Recruit
    Points: 10,158, Level: 30
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    117
    Points
    10,158
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Seriously KXNO?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfan44 View Post
    I hate these guys! LOL! I'll say it....Thanks Royce! Thanks for being a great representative of ISU and the state of Iowa! We loved watching you last year! You are a great player and an even better person!



  14. #14
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,656, Level: 22
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    334
    Points
    5,656
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    Re: Seriously KXNO?

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    Well I don't think its any secret these guys are all Iowa fans first, but they are pretty fair to ISU, IMO.

    My only complaint about the show, and this never seems to change, is that they structure it horribly. Realistically, they are going to have a vast majority of their listeners between 7 and 8, yet they always talk about the more "listener popular" stuff between 6 and 7, and the more boring stuff between 7 and 8. They need to make their list of stuff to talk about, and then do it in reverse order.
    Really - ??? I usually catch them from about 6:05 - 6:30 and they're (at least lately) talking about Travis' son, other odd ball stuff, rather than current sports talk. If they talk about the important stuff starting at 6:00, I must not be in the groove.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 101,862, Level: 99
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,188
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,116
    Points
    101,862
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 10

    Re: Seriously KXNO?

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    They probably talked about Royce directly for a few minutes, and talked A LOT about the impact this will have on ISU as far as recruiting. They argued for a good 15 minutes if ISU could ever be similar to Kentucky (having a bunch of players NBA worthy on the roster who are potential 1 and dones) because of CFH's connections in the NBA. Ross was the only one who thought ISU could never be on that level, both Travis and Tim argued they could. They all agreed that last night showed the connections CFH has to the NBA, and recruits probably took notice, especially after Mchales interview.

    So in other words, they didn't say anything that the average fan didn't already know. They offered nothing new in the way of expertise, insight or perspective. They vomited up benign drivel that could have just as easily been posted by some message board moron months ago and was, many many times. Yeah, that's good radio.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM