Page 40 of 213 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 3182
  1. #586
    Speechless
    Points: 565,922, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,662
    Points
    565,922
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 552
    Given: 270
    Last edited by ISUAgronomist; 11-22-2012 at 11:12 PM.


  2. #587
    Speechless
    Points: 419,948, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    62,905
    Points
    419,948
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,155
    Given: 814

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    College football conference expansion won't likely end with Maryland to the Big Ten - ESPN

    Conference realignment: Notre Dame 'concerned' about ACC - SBNation.com

    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...college-sports

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ent/index.html

    The major value of Maryland, however, stems from its cable television potential. A prominent television executive told SI.com on Sunday that the Big Ten's Maryland-Rutgers play could yield as much as $200 million. The most realistic number for the league, once it attempts to get the Big Ten Network on televisions in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic corridor, is somewhere between $100 and $150 million.
    Is this better? Seems like this is revenue positive for BIG. The BIG network is a beast.


    Last edited by Wesley; 11-22-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus Naz, Dustin, Bryce, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and Jameel.

  3. #588
    Prospect
    Points: 3,174, Level: 16
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    43
    Points
    3,174
    Level
    16
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanof14 View Post
    Ever?? I don't know about that. Came pretty close in KC against FSU. In fact, with review, we might have won.

    As for an easier schedule, I'm all for it.
    I guess this is what I am more talking about... yes, we could beat them once in a while... but I bet we could beat a Cinci or Louisville more often than either of those programs. Everyone on this board has been clammoring for these top shelf programs (mostly for money) and I am all for adding both FSU and Clemson IF we add Cinci and Louisville... and FSU and Clemson are in the other division. They are going to probably limit bowls to 7 wins teams in the near future, and I dont care how much money we are making, recruits will not come if we don't have the possibility to make a bowl game and our SOS doesn't matter because there is no real possibility that we are competing for a national title. Get to a point where we have 4 virtual gimme's with a competition for about 4 games and and underdog feel for 4 games. I like going to all Cyclone games, but I REALLY like going to wins.

    We have won 7 or more games like 16 or 17 times over the past 120 years... If we were winning 7 games a year every year, I am sure there would be some people that would be wanting more, but a winning season is a winning season...



  4. #589
    Speechless
    Points: 419,948, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    62,905
    Points
    419,948
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,155
    Given: 814

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    UCF, USF must bolt Big East for ACC or Big 12 - OrlandoSentinel.com

    If UCF President John Hitt and USF President Judy Genshaft haven't already scheduled appointments with Atlantic Coast Conference Commissioner John Swofford and Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby, then they are being seriously derelict in their duties.

    Likewise, if Swofford and Bowlsby aren't at least intrigued with adding the tandem of UCF and USF, then they are hopelessly myopic and deserve to have their leagues ransacked by the ruthless raiders from the SEC and Big Ten.
    Memo to the ACC and Big 12: Come to your senses. UCF and USF are two huge public universities with up-and-coming football programs located in major TV markets. Ten years down the road, these two schools have the potential to be the next Florida and Florida State.


    Last edited by Wesley; 11-22-2012 at 11:27 PM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus Naz, Dustin, Bryce, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and Jameel.

  5. #590
    Speechless
    Points: 503,901, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    34,230
    Points
    503,901
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,680
    Given: 1,181

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Right. Because the Big 12 is going to settle for UCF and USF when most of the ACC and Louisville are on the table...


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.


  6. #591
    Addict
    Points: 80,534, Level: 88
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,416
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    7,512
    Points
    80,534
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 942

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Florida St. or UCF? Tough choices to be made...



  7. #592
    Pro
    Points: 26,242, Level: 49
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,045
    Points
    26,242
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 21

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Our friends on the Texas message board are already thinking about a BigXX conference without ISU:

    Maryland and Rutgers talk not going away - Page 369

    "Imagine this is the short game :

    B1G 16 = 14 + Kansas + Duke
    SEC 16 = 14 + UNC + UVA
    PAC 12 = current configuration
    NEW 20 = BXII west (10 teams) + ACC east (10 teams)
    Texas + Texas Tech
    Oklahoma + Oklahoma State
    Baylor + TCU
    Iowa State + Kansas State
    West Virginia + Louisville

    Florida State + Clemson
    Georgia Tech + Virginia Tech
    Notre Dame + Wake Forest
    NC State + Miami
    Syracuse + Pitt



    Imagine this is the long game :

    B1G 16 = 14 + Kansas + Duke
    SEC 16 = 14 + UNC + UVA
    PAC 16 = adds Texas + Texas Tech + Oklahoma + Oklahoma State
    NEW 16 = BXII west (8 teams) + ACC east (8 teams)
    with the lowest 4 teams getting phased out over time. First to go will probably be Iowa State and Wake Forrest followed by Baylor and whoever else is bringing up the bottom at the time."


    Last edited by sunset; 11-22-2012 at 11:58 PM.

  8. #593
    Pro
    Points: 57,628, Level: 74
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 922
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    HoopsTournament's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St. Joseph, MO
    Posts
    3,195
    Points
    57,628
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 456
    Given: 552

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by sunset View Post
    Our friends on the Texas message board are already thinking about a BigXX conference without ISU:

    Maryland and Rutgers talk not going away - Page 369

    "Imagine this is the short game :

    B1G 16 = 14 + Kansas + Duke
    SEC 16 = 14 + UNC + UVA
    PAC 12 = current configuration
    NEW 20 = BXII west (10 teams) + ACC east (10 teams)
    Texas + Texas Tech
    Oklahoma + Oklahoma State
    Baylor + TCU
    Iowa State + Kansas State
    West Virginia + Louisville

    Florida State + Clemson
    Georgia Tech + Virginia Tech
    Notre Dame + Wake Forest
    NC State + Miami
    Syracuse + Pitt



    Imagine this is the long game :

    B1G 16 = 14 + Kansas + Duke
    SEC 16 = 14 + UNC + UVA
    PAC 16 = adds Texas + Texas Tech + Oklahoma + Oklahoma State
    NEW 16 = BXII west (8 teams) + ACC east (8 teams)
    with the lowest 4 teams getting phased out over time. First to go will probably be Iowa State and Wake Forrest followed by Baylor and whoever else is bringing up the bottom at the time."
    Just stupid. Why do people take this stuff seriously? First not going to happen. Big 12 would keep rights to schools that left. Second there would be 16 teams left in new 16 after 4 leave for PAC. Lowest 4 teams being phased out would drop it to 12.


    Last edited by HoopsTournament; 11-23-2012 at 12:06 AM.

  9. #594
    Pro
    Points: 68,788, Level: 81
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 962
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    3,370
    Points
    68,788
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 359
    Given: 246

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsTournament View Post
    Just stupid. Why do people take this stuff seriously? First not going to happen. Big 12 would keep rights to schools that left. Second there would be 16 teams left in new 16 after 4 leave for PAC. Lowest 4 teams being phased out would drop it to 12.
    UT is THE reason why FSU and Clem didn't make the move previously. Nobody but us idiots in the Big 12 are dumb enough to put up with their ********. **** UT. Ignore their dumb *****. 90% of the people on that board didn't even go to school at UT.


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

  10. #595
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 68,786, Level: 81
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 964
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RustShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adventureland
    Posts
    4,955
    Points
    68,786
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 0

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    UT is THE reason why FSU and Clem didn't make the move previously. Nobody but us idiots in the Big 12 are dumb enough to put up with their ********. **** UT. Ignore their dumb *****. 90% of the people on that board didn't even go to school at UT.
    Florida State wanted to come here... we chose not to expand unless ND was included...


    Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty

  11. #596
    Pro
    Points: 68,788, Level: 81
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 962
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    3,370
    Points
    68,788
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 359
    Given: 246

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
    Florida State wanted to come here... we chose not to expand unless ND was included...

    Everything I'm reading/seeing now says this is not true. FSU and Clem had standing offers from B12 and chose to stay in ACC. Notre Dame going to ACC solidified their decision. Dodds had egg on his face because he promised everyone that ND was coming. By all appearances they were told this week that those invitations are still valid... and they still haven't left.


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

  12. #597
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 68,786, Level: 81
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 964
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RustShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adventureland
    Posts
    4,955
    Points
    68,786
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 0

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    The Florida St. guy said he will be watching to see how Marylands exit fees turn out. I'm guessing if they can escape at a decent price, FSU will follow suit.


    Follow this guy on Twitter @Daddy_Rusty

  13. #598
    Addict
    Points: 130,760, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    8,106
    Points
    130,760
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 238
    Given: 120

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsTournament View Post
    Just stupid. Why do people take this stuff seriously? First not going to happen. Big 12 would keep rights to schools that left. Second there would be 16 teams left in new 16 after 4 leave for PAC. Lowest 4 teams being phased out would drop it to 12.
    ISU is a charter member of the Big (6)(8)(12) we are not getting kicked out of the league we created.



  14. #599
    Addict
    Points: 60,109, Level: 76
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,541
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    simply1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,615
    Points
    60,109
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 7

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    lol, the found us a new home at shaggybevo!

    The GOR is very solid, but can be overcome if all parties agree to cancel them. That's basically finding every B12 school a safe and stable home with the same pay, plus keeping ESPN and Fox happy. One way to do that is to let OU follow Boren's dream into the P12 and take OKSt, KU, and either TT or TCU (their unofficial motto of, "Don't let the middle name fool you" may make them acceptable to the P12 when Baylor is not.) The ACC, down to 9 schools, takes WV, ISU, KSU, Baylor and TCU (or TT) while UT gets the same independence deal as ND. Perhaps UNC and FSU also go the semi-indy route. Something like each indy hosts a pod and commits to 3 pod games +2 others per year in the ACC.

    Why on earth would UT do that and give up having virtually their own conference, especially when they could take FSU, Clem, and up to 4 others and be host one of the 4 remaining power conferences? I'd agree, but perhaps Deloss is looking at it differently. Maybe he thinks it is too hard to win the B12 most years (hire a better coach, dumb@ss.) Perhaps if all 4 conferences go to 16 (including the Pac) this is a way to renegotiate the playoff agreement for more booty, a greater share to UT, and perhaps finally moving to a new NCAA division.


    I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

  15. #600
    Speechless
    Points: 221,788, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    28,455
    Points
    221,788
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 836
    Given: 80

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonetbone View Post
    I guess this is what I am more talking about... yes, we could beat them once in a while... but I bet we could beat a Cinci or Louisville more often than either of those programs. Everyone on this board has been clammoring for these top shelf programs (mostly for money) and I am all for adding both FSU and Clemson IF we add Cinci and Louisville... and FSU and Clemson are in the other division. They are going to probably limit bowls to 7 wins teams in the near future, and I dont care how much money we are making, recruits will not come if we don't have the possibility to make a bowl game and our SOS doesn't matter because there is no real possibility that we are competing for a national title. Get to a point where we have 4 virtual gimme's with a competition for about 4 games and and underdog feel for 4 games. I like going to all Cyclone games, but I REALLY like going to wins.

    We have won 7 or more games like 16 or 17 times over the past 120 years... If we were winning 7 games a year every year, I am sure there would be some people that would be wanting more, but a winning season is a winning season...
    Not sure that they will demand 7 wins to make a bowl. Using that criteria can mean that the only eligible bowl teams for the minor bowls will be a bunch of MAC, MWC, and WAC teams that are actually inferior to a 6 win Big XII, or SEC team. Teams that bring NO fans to the Bowls. And nobody wants to watch.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPN
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • March 2, 2015
  • 08:00 PM