Page 204 of 212 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3169
  1. #3046
    Pro
    Points: 50,503, Level: 69
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 647
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYCLNST8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,661
    Points
    50,503
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 455
    Given: 613

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    The reason I don't buy into this "B12 Will Not Expand" idea is that they just reworked the logo to the new improved (very ugly) new Big XII logo. Why stay with Big XII if there's no plan to return to 12 (or more)?
    Flexibility. Plus ours was the first conference to reach that number. The Big 12 was the original "super conference." The B1G isn't letting go of the name "Big Ten;" would we really want to call ourselves that anyway?




  2. #3047
    Speechless
    Points: 870,371, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,560
    Points
    870,371
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,229
    Given: 1,841

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    The reason I don't buy into this "B12 Will Not Expand" idea is that they just reworked the logo to the new improved (very ugly) new Big XII logo. Why stay with Big XII if there's no plan to return to 12 (or more)?

    Branding. The title has name recognition.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  3. #3048
    Pro
    Points: 52,530, Level: 70
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    HoopsTournament's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St. Joseph, MO
    Posts
    2,674
    Points
    52,530
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 277
    Given: 324

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLNST8 View Post
    Flexibility. Plus ours was the first conference to reach that number. The Big 12 was the original "super conference." The B1G isn't letting go of the name "Big Ten;" would we really want to call ourselves that anyway?
    SEC had 12 before the Big 12 did.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southea...1990_expansion



  4. #3049
    Legend
    Points: 209,517, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jbhtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    10,943
    Points
    209,517
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 154

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    Why stay with Big XII if there's no plan to return to 12 (or more)?
    Likely the same reason that the Big Ten retains it's name with 14 teams...


    "Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

    Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

  5. #3050
    Speechless
    Points: 403,027, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    59,558
    Points
    403,027
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 646
    Given: 406

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    I was just vacationing in Tampa and Orlando area. I drove through USGF in Tampa and UCF in Orldalando. Those schools are more than commuter schools.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_U...tem_of_Florida

    Florida Gainsville 43% acceptance, 50k students, $500M research
    FSU Tallahassee, 59% acceptance, 40k students, $200M research
    USF Tampa, 60% acceptance, 50k students, $300M research
    UCF Orlando, 45% acceptance, 60k students, $140M research

    These are the four biggies in Florida. They should be in consideration.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  6. #3051
    Pro
    Points: 50,503, Level: 69
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 647
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYCLNST8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,661
    Points
    50,503
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 455
    Given: 613

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsTournament View Post
    Calls out stupid. Stupid repents.





  7. #3052
    Starter
    Points: 22,840, Level: 46
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 710
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Gorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Amana, IA
    Posts
    981
    Points
    22,840
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 156

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/f...31d8ac3ce.html

    Might be an interesting read...Aggie slanted I'm sure.


    Good times on Hawkeyenation.com after the 2010 Wisconsin Game!


  8. #3053
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 35,292, Level: 57
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    CoKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,110
    Points
    35,292
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 550
    Given: 864

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/f...31d8ac3ce.html

    Might be an interesting read...Aggie slanted I'm sure.
    I can't wait for the stories of how ATM got bullied by Texas and how they make out ATM, Nebraska, and Missouri to look like heroes.



  9. #3054
    Pro
    Points: 41,859, Level: 63
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,091
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    KnappShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    2,332
    Points
    41,859
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 644
    Given: 377

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by CoKane View Post
    I can't wait for the stories of how ATM got bullied by Texas and how they make out ATM, Nebraska, and Missouri to look like heroes.
    While representatives from Kansas, KSU, Baylor, and ISU were forced to stand facing the corner and not allowed to make eye contact with anyone.



  10. #3055
    Addict
    Points: 128,747, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,952
    Points
    128,747
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 103

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Clay TravisVerified account ‏@ClayTravisBGID By its third year, SEC Network will do more revenue by itself than the entire Big 12 TV deal

    http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...ressive-073014

    Interesting read, not sure what it all means for the future, but he misses the fact that this is all cyclical



  11. #3056
    Pro
    Points: 49,412, Level: 68
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Daserop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    2,996
    Points
    49,412
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196
    Given: 388

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Clay TravisVerified account ‏@ClayTravisBGID By its third year, SEC Network will do more revenue by itself than the entire Big 12 TV deal

    http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...ressive-073014

    Interesting read, not sure what it all means for the future, but he misses the fact that this is all cyclical
    Do more revenue? That doesn't even makes sense. Will the SEC **** more money than the Big 12?


    Last edited by Daserop; 07-31-2014 at 04:17 PM.
    Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop): Man always thinks about the past before he dies, as if he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived.

  12. #3057
    Starter
    Points: 11,181, Level: 31
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    ArgentCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    620
    Points
    11,181
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 42

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    From everything I've read Clay Travis is a moron. Everyone else is not close to his numbers.



  13. #3058
    Starter
    Points: 15,149, Level: 37
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CascadeClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    961
    Points
    15,149
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 169

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Clay TravisVerified account ‏@ClayTravisBGID By its third year, SEC Network will do more revenue by itself than the entire Big 12 TV deal

    http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...ressive-073014

    Interesting read, not sure what it all means for the future, but he misses the fact that this is all cyclical
    So $650M per year, minus $100M in costs, and ESPN gets half. So the member schools get $275M/14 or about $20M each. And how much are the Big12 schools getting? Oh right.

    I guess the question is long term how much bigger the revenue will get for the SEC network. Can they get a bigger cut from ESPN, can they raise prices, can they broaden distribution. So there is upside.

    But for the Big12 (or other conferences with more traditional model), there is an upside too. Same demand from CBS, NBC, ESPN et al for games, but less supply. Would drive up the price of media contracts I'd think. SO I see upside here too maybe.

    Am I missing something? I don't see how this is a huge game changer for the schools or programs, but maybe for the balance of power with ESPN and distribution.



  14. #3059
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,539, Level: 77
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 711
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,104
    Points
    62,539
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 111

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeClone View Post
    So $650M per year, minus $100M in costs, and ESPN gets half. So the member schools get $275M/14 or about $20M each. And how much are the Big12 schools getting? Oh right.

    I guess the question is long term how much bigger the revenue will get for the SEC network. Can they get a bigger cut from ESPN, can they raise prices, can they broaden distribution. So there is upside.

    But for the Big12 (or other conferences with more traditional model), there is an upside too. Same demand from CBS, NBC, ESPN et al for games, but less supply. Would drive up the price of media contracts I'd think. SO I see upside here too maybe.

    Am I missing something? I don't see how this is a huge game changer for the schools or programs, but maybe for the balance of power with ESPN and distribution.
    SEC network is only 3rd tier rights. It will be incremental revenue for the schools. Adding in the revenue they already get in their deals with ESPN and CBS, and you're looking at $40mil per school. Or so the estimates say.



  15. #3060
    Legend
    Points: 170,218, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,895
    Points
    170,218
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,163
    Given: 911

    Re: ***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

    Quote Originally Posted by CoKane View Post
    I can't wait for the stories of how ATM got bullied by Texas and how they make out ATM, Nebraska, and Missouri to look like heroes.
    Nebraska was the leader in pushing for an unequal deal until they realized Texas would always be bigger, then they did a total 180 and were happy getting the same cut as Northwestern. Left the instability they were a leading cause of.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 11:00 AM