Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 76,083, Level: 85
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    shagcarpetjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,653
    Points
    76,083
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 40

    Baylor's new tarp

    Why pay for actual brick when you can........TARP!

    http://network.yardbarker.com/author...50?widget=true




  2. #2
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 4,193, Level: 18
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    260
    Points
    4,193
    Level
    18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 21

    Re: Baylor's new tarp

    Gimmie 10 "tarps" if we can have half of the success they've had in the past few years.

    Not sure how you're gonna flame Baylor when we just got dominated by NDSU.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 76,083, Level: 85
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    shagcarpetjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,653
    Points
    76,083
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 40

    Re: Baylor's new tarp

    Quote Originally Posted by DFWClone View Post
    Gimmie 10 "tarps" if we can have half of the success they've had in the past few years.

    Not sure how you're gonna flame Baylor when we just got dominated by NDSU.
    Dude, chill out. I'd be down with the Cyclones playing in tarp uniforms if it meant they could actually win games like Baylor. But it's still funny that Baylor built a brand new stadium, which by all accounts is pretty damn cool, and then they do this? You don't find that the least bit humorous? Especially with their past history of tarps?



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 398,619, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    58,793
    Points
    398,619
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349

    Re: Baylor's new tarp

    Quote Originally Posted by shagcarpetjesus View Post
    Dude, chill out. I'd be down with the Cyclones playing in tarp uniforms if it meant they could actually win games like Baylor. But it's still funny that Baylor built a brand new stadium, which by all accounts is pretty damn cool, and then they do this? You don't find that the least bit humorous? Especially with their past history of tarps?
    Maybe the AD owns a tarp factory.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 121,430, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    6,696
    Points
    121,430
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 146

    Re: Baylor's new tarp

    Quote Originally Posted by DFWClone View Post
    Gimmie 10 "tarps" if we can have half of the success they've had in the past few years.

    Not sure how you're gonna flame Baylor when we just got dominated by NDSU.
    Easy.

    We're talking about stadium construction, not the teams.

    When a school, any school, drops $266 million for a brand new stadium but imitate brick walls, the school deserves to get flamed.




  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 177,787, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,895
    Points
    177,787
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 0

    Re: Baylor's new tarp

    I would love to have Baylor's new stadium, tarp included, and Baylor's football team, and their players, etc.

    Not sure we can rip them for this at all?



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 144,514, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    7,574
    Points
    144,514
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 522
    Given: 248

    Re: Baylor's new tarp

    Oh calm down people, that's pretty funny considering their tarp history. I'm still jealy though, that stadium looks pimp and they are running a he'll of a program with athletes and style of play.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 154,121, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,182
    Points
    154,121
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 468
    Given: 639

    Re: Baylor's new tarp

    Quote Originally Posted by shagcarpetjesus View Post
    Why pay for actual brick when you can........TARP!

    http://network.yardbarker.com/author...50?widget=true
    Nice touch.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 649,154, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,080
    Points
    649,154
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,685
    Given: 170

    Re: Baylor's new tarp

    Should have gone with a nice wood grain.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 210,898, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,541
    Points
    210,898
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 235
    Given: 903

    Re: Baylor's new tarp

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    I would love to have Baylor's new stadium, tarp included, and Baylor's football team, and their players, etc.

    Not sure we can rip them for this at all?
    Of course you post this.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 201,847, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hampton, IA
    Posts
    8,782
    Points
    201,847
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,570
    Given: 923

    Re: Baylor's new tarp

    Quote Originally Posted by 3TrueFans View Post
    Should have gone with a nice wood grain.
    I think a nice faux wood grain tarp would have been better. Less chance of water damage.


    ďUrgency,Ē Rhoads said. ďThatís exactly what I told our staff. Itís exactly what I told our players. Urgency in getting your job done. Thatís in a 100 percent rate of speed at executing your responsibility ó whether itís a fit, whether itís a tackle, whether itís a route, whether itís a cut-off block. Everybody needs a little bit more urgency in coaching and playing.Ē


  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 177,787, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,895
    Points
    177,787
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 0

    Re: Baylor's new tarp

    Quote Originally Posted by CyDude16 View Post
    Of course you post this.
    And you wouldn't trade our stadium, players, coaches, etc with Baylor right now?

    If not, why? Are you that attached to Jack Trice Stadium, Paul Rhoads, and the players here? I'm not. I just want to win. And not only does Baylor win, but they do it in a brand new beautiful stadium too. Good for them saving some money and putting up a "brick" tarp. Who cares? I wouldn't if I were a Baylor fan.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 49,130, Level: 68
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    im4cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    2,755
    Points
    49,130
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 371
    Given: 336

    Re: Baylor's new tarp

    Build a $265 million stadium and hang a tarp to look like bricks? That is pretty embarrassing. Hopefully it is just because they ran out of time and plan to put in real bricks later?? Or maybe they are planing to sell bricks with donor names? Because I can't see that being the long term plan.

    Thats like building a $400k house and hanging towels as your window coverings.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 49,130, Level: 68
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    im4cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    2,755
    Points
    49,130
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 371
    Given: 336

    Re: Baylor's new tarp

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    And you wouldn't trade our stadium, players, coaches, etc with Baylor right now?

    If not, why? Are you that attached to Jack Trice Stadium, Paul Rhoads, and the players here? I'm not. I just want to win. And not only does Baylor win, but they do it in a brand new beautiful stadium too. Good for them saving some money and putting up a "brick" tarp. Who cares? I wouldn't if I were a Baylor fan.
    Serious question... If you aren't tied with anything ISU and all you want to do is win, why the hell are you an ISU fan? Go cheer for someone else.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 20,459, Level: 43
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CyFan987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,515
    Points
    20,459
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 4

    Re: Baylor's new tarp

    Quote Originally Posted by im4cyclones View Post
    Build a $265 million stadium and hang a tarp to look like bricks? That is pretty embarrassing. Hopefully it is just because they ran out of time and plan to put in real bricks later?? Or maybe they are planing to sell bricks with donor names? Because I can't see that being the long term plan.

    Thats like building a $400k house and hanging towels as your window coverings.
    It is because they ran out of time, they're planning on doing something different with it for next season. It's a temporary thing.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM